Forums The Arts

[Group] Prophets of Pixels TWO page 2

1568 posts

Flag Post

And thank God you aren’t using pillow shading!

Updated art coming soon right…

! here !

Flag Post

Le Boom

Flag Post

Ok, to make sure you don’t skip it, the picture is actually moving here. So… without further ado… I present the final product!

So, any constructive criticisim? Also, who knows where the guys shooting are based off? 5 awesomeness for the game, 15 for the game and person.
(No, awesomeness is not Pixel Points.)

Flag Post

I’m gonna guess CnC renegade, as the building looks nod-ish. Anyways, I suggest changing the top layer of soil, as green dirt looks a bit off and also the glasslike light streak seems out of place for water. Other than that pretty cool.

Flag Post

The top layer is the topsoil, composed of many organic materials. It’s meant to be realistic, so the green soil represents the organic matter.

Flag Post
Originally posted by rosate:

The top layer is the topsoil, composed of many organic materials. It’s meant to be realistic, so the green soil represents the organic matter.

That’s true, but topsoil isn’t usually light green. Keep in mind that the organic material is decomposing leaves and organisms. Perhaps an off shade of green would work better.

Flag Post

Just to have an entry here, my old background & chars :

Flag Post

Can’t believe TWA gave it up. I shall make my next pixel art a golden statue of TWA as a tribute to the founder of this great pixel group.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hunkadunkus:

Le Boom

Could you please downsize it all? Huge pixels… Dawg.

Flag Post

Hey, guys, the new Mini City Colab isn’t getting any entries. So, perhaps we can put the colab here instead?
Or have it here and the normal thread?

Flag Post

I like “Prophets of Pixel” just the way it is

Flag Post

I want to eat the moon.

Meh, I feel like an idiot now.

Flag Post
Originally posted by AdeebNafees:

I want to eat the moon.

Meh, I feel like an idiot now.

I applaud you! Get that cheezy goodness!

Anyways, pretty good overall. The transition to the long, straight line on his back looks wrong, and abrupt. There’s also lots of odd-looking corners. Perhaps smooth out the outline by taking away all of the outine that is not directly touching the inner part via one of it’s four sides. (No corners.)

EDIT: My points for the two pieces for the project I worked on were not added, as well as my tutorial note and points.

Flag Post
Originally posted by rosate:
My points for the two pieces for the project I worked on were not added, as well as my tutorial note and points.

It looks unedited since this was started, bare with him. ;)

Flag Post

It looks unedited since this was started, bare with him. ;)

I’ve only made a couple of changes so far. D: Unfortunately, the last of couple of days have been extremely busy and I wasn’t able to be online much. Sorry about the inconvenience – the spreadsheet will be up-to-date in a couple of minutes. :D

EDIT: Spreadsheet is now up to date!

EDIT 2:
Rosate, your isometric piece looks really good! I don’t mind the grass, which I see no really problem with, but the dirt could have been changed a bit to match the very detailed-looking grass. Buildings look great, along with sidewalk and such. Basically, the only things I would change is the ground (which does look nice, but doesn’t necessarily match in my eyes) and the white stripe in the water. Besides that, everything looks really good. :D

@Adeeb: the Wolf composition and anatomy looks really good and has a nice think outline, which I like. The dithering was well done and served wonderfully for the image. Shading was also very good. Moon looks like it could be worked on just a bit, but I would love to see what this piece would look like with a nighttime background. Try adding a dark background, or some sort of scenery and the image would be much more appealing. Great job nonetheless – the wolf looks fantastic!

@Hunkadunkus, the sprites look good, but if you could shrink them they may look a bit better and the quality might improve.

Flag Post

@ Rosate: Pretty good start. Firstly, add width! Your grass is completely flat. You need to make it permeate the ground a little. The tunnel also has paper thin walls.

Secondly, your ocean transition is awkward. The sand/dirt should slope gradually into the ocean, instead of instantly disappearing.

The end of the path looks bad, as it’s outlined in a black line even when it should be fading out. Also, it should be fading out to green, not brown. If you fade it out to brown you should continue the path, or then fade the brown out to green to properly finish the path.

Like it’s been said before, the weird line on the ocean makes it look frozen on one side, and the fact that the fish are clumped together in the middle of the tiles make them look artificial.

The path on top of the roof is strangely coloured and outlined, making me think it could possibly be a very long swimming pool.

The satellite-thingy is off-centered from the building, as is the left door on the same block.

It doesn’t look like you finished shading the grass next to the helipad block, and if you did, you should change the other shaded block to match.

The dirt seems a bit boring compared to the grainy nature of the grass. Add dithering, and perhaps a fossil or two to spice it up. O.o

Lastly, the sign-post things are at the wrong perspective.

Flag Post

Rip Prophet of Pixels

Flag Post
Originally posted by alexolsenpang:

Rip Prophet of Pixels

:(

Flag Post

For the weird streak of glass on the water:

I originally had it more abstract, with another cube with a giant baby head in it, like it way a fish tank. I decided to keep the glass effect after the head was gone to make it feel a bit abstract. Apparently that is not looked very nicely upon in the world of Pixels.

For the grass shading, it is rather weird, and I planned to have the shading for the fully-shades square the same distance as the square with the path.

The sign-things are for a shooting range, thus the people with guns and beretts, (Inspired by Fallout NV’s very own boone, btw.) so any more info on what you mean by the perspective would be nice.

The facility is meant to be ultra-modern, and the fact that the inside of the path is blue is a trick of the eye caused by the outlines, which I must say was actually rather beneficial to me.

As for the doors being off-center, and the satellite, not everything is centered.

The path was meant to look reclaimed. I don’t really do much outline changing, it’s just my style of doing pixel art.

And what do you mean by procrastinate the grass? I’m actually fairly new at this, so I’m not up to date with half the terms.

Flag Post

New Collab is Now Up! Please Check the Front Page!

Flag Post

Not quite what I meant by my idea…

I meant to move the colab I had started over to this thread. But still. Maybe for another time, since I like the water. So…

I want to reserve spot 20.

Flag Post

I know, but I wanted the collab to be exclusive to this thread. I still got the idea from you though. :D My original idea was to do a very similar city (where the same buildings could easily be carried over), but then I decided to do something that spiced up the generic mini city idea and that was the water. By the time I added the water I couldn’t really go back to the old template, nor continue from your thread (also I wanted to start from scratch). D: I will allow buildings that were previously made though, such as by the artists of the buildings in your threads if they so wish to do so.

Flag Post

I want to reserve spot 5 for my skyscaper from the other thread. It’l be moved over soon.

Flag Post

Spot five is near the bottom. He means spot 4, believe me.

EDIT:
Here’s my building. It’s boring. BLand. Plain. Little details. It must be a DRAB brand warehouse!

Flag Post

Correct Rosate, I meant 4. I’m putting it there, because it is very large, and I don’t want it covering other people’s things.