Forums The Arts

[Group] Prophets of Pixels TWO page 3

1568 posts

Flag Post

I CLAIM SPOT 17!!!</shout>

EDIT: Wow, that was surprisingly fast…

Anyway, it’s supposed to be some sort of dockside storage facility thing.
…Although it sort of looks like a nuclear bunker too. Meh. Make of it what you will.

Flag Post

Skyscraper for the collab. feel free to remove anything you don’t want such as the street and sidewalk. I’d suggest merging 8 and 12 so as to block as little as possible.

Edit: Just remembered I’m trying to learn visual c#. Working on a simple game right now, not even sure what it will be but I have a 9 pixel spaceship that moves and generates a nice little trail behind it. I think it might become a simple little maze but the movement and trail engines will likely be reused later. The spaceship and trail look almost exactly like the mockup in my avatar. I hope to post some of the art once I get around to making it.

Flag Post

Aw, man. We don’t get to have entries in the water? D: Then why’d you even put it there?

Flag Post

TWA, in the second paragraph, I said that people could draw things for the water (such as boats) and I would add them to the water. I was going to allow people to take spaces in the water, but of course that’d only leave three (or so) people with water based on the current space templates so I found it would be easier that if more people wanted to do something with the water they could. :D

Clasher, that building looks great! However, it doesn’t necessarily fit even when merged with the two spots. Maybe you could edit it just a bit to fit when merged into the two spots. D:

In other news, I’ve been trying to draw The Alamo recently. I’m still working on adding windows and a flagstone texture, so right now it’s in a pretty basic shape.

Flag Post

Gah, too long spent measuring every single little thing. >:

It still bothers me, I think it’s a work in progress, add it anywhere you feel is right still. I think it’s either a fortune teller’s, or the strangest opticians you’ve ever seen. It started out with the vision of recreating a Pokemon Center, and the eye would have been a pokeball, but I thought I should go for something more unique. The eye took ages, the door STILL doesn’t look right to me, and I spent one hour or more on text that I just ended up erasing. Text at the isometric angle has to be big to work… :/

And I did this because I finished all of our game’s graphics today. Yay! Which means I can take a load off till Wednesday. :P

Flag Post

So, I’m starting a new project I call Universe. It’s a bunch of floating cube islands.

I have the first one, the river, with it’s basic outlines and basic color there. I don’t want critisisim yet, but I’m posting all of the steps. Now to decide whether to do all the islands, or work on them one at a time…

Flag Post

Pixel art + adobe flash special effects :

Im using this for my next game, any suggestions are apreciated

Flag Post

Man, that’s amazing. I don’t like the blending of the boxes, crates, and walls too well in the first pic, but in that second one, man, that’s amazing. It looks so… real. That’s great, really good.

Flag Post

Tnx, i cannot put so many details during the actual gameplay map cause aparently pixel art make some lag if to detaild

Here is another spoiler 4 screens(i am very proud of that pixel map)

Flag Post

@Ramos: That’s just epic. Can’t wait to play the actual game.

Flag Post

Tnx, game is more than 50% done and its up only on FGL for testing, also im now working on the game cinematics and i must say , animating pixel art is a real pain in the a**, i decided to use motions tweens instead of frame by frame animation

This is from a sccene in the helicopter before the soldiers are droped in mission(its also hase voice acting):

Flag Post

Here’s something quick I made. It’s basically large, 7×7 pixels with one color in each, to show that simple can be as good as advanced things.

Flag Post

I plan to update the tutorial with better visuals, in a few hours.

Flag Post

POwer armor from in-game inventory , it contains 3 pieces, head,torso+hands and legs

Flag Post

Hey, I just updated the visuals in the Tutorial, just to let you guys know.

Flag Post

Hey everyone, I really need some help here. I’m working on my c# game(It’s like asteroids only with more asteroids and less physics) here and I’m currently programming in the specs for the second ship. I want to have little pictures of the ships in addition to the tiny in game ships, and I want to convey that the second ship(5*5 pixels ingame) is larger than the first ship(3*3 pixels ingame), but the selection images are both 20*20 pixels.

First ship(3*3):

Second ship(5*5):

First ship display pic(20*20):

Flag Post

Sorry for not being on in a couple of days. D: Spreadsheet is close to up-to-date though!

@TWA: That looks great! Colors and dithering look good. If you haven’t already, try to sketch things before putting them down in individual pixels. By sketching you often get the look that you want much quicker and then converting the sketch into pixels can be easily done in a new layer. For example, the curve on the top of my Alamo recreation was really difficult to get just right until I decided to sketch it and redraw into pixels.

@Ramos: Your graphics look really good so far! I can’t really make any suggestions as everything looks perfect. :D Detailing of the characters turned out very well. I have to agree a bit with Tracy on this one though, the boxes and walls don’t blend to well, but I understand the situation. Best of luck in the development of the game Ramos!

@Ros: Great update to the tutorial. :D

Flag Post

Just updating the WIP as to remind you there’s more to isometric than just buildings.
Also, Ramos, great work! It’s always a joy to see you uploading some new stuff.

Flag Post

That, HQ is one of the most amazing/beautiful pixel pieces I have ever seen

Flag Post
Originally posted by ST3ALTH15:

That, HQ is one of the most amazing/beautiful pixel pieces I have ever seen

And that, ST3ALTH, is one of the most awesome comments on my art I have ever seen.
And your 666th post
Congrats.

Oh and, I edited it, so here it is, without seperating lines.

Flag Post

D: You still have the seperating lines, right? Keep them while it is WIP.

Flag Post

@snipahar
Tnx , any ideea on how i can improve them without adding to many difrent pixels ?
@HolyQuacamole
Tnx and man your new artwork looks very good, you evolved/improved your drawing skills very much this past months

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ramos_emanuel:

@snipahar
Tnx , any ideea on how i can improve them without adding to many difrent pixels ?
@HolyQuacamole
Tnx and man your new artwork looks very good, you evolved/improved your drawing skills very much this past months

Thanks!!

Originally posted by TheWhiteAngel:

D: You still have the seperating lines, right? Keep them while it is WIP.

Well, wouldnt you say theyre easy to redo? I can redo them if you think that’s smarter…

Flag Post

Great work, HQ. One queston., Is the river suposed to go backwards, because if you look behind the waterfall, it is.

Flag Post

hmmm now that i look better at holy stuff i am very intrigued by the design , could work perfectly implemented in a game as world map(i suck at isometric view), holy when i finish awaken if your interested maybe you can help me with a custom map like that for a name in credits and ofc money cause that shit cannot be done for free its very much work ther