Forums The Arts

[Group] Prophets of Pixels TWO page 4

1568 posts

Flag Post

Hut for collab:

Also, no one has responded to my question from yesterday. Can someone please give me some advice?

Flag Post

Le Boom.

Flag Post

@clasher235
Maybe add an antena or a poster on the wall

Flag Post

How did I do..?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Majicman12:

How did I do..?

I believe I’ve seen this before.

I checked my computer and my Photobucket for it, because it uses many of my styles, and didn’t find it.

I then checked through the original thread, and didn’t find it.

If someone could check a few more threads, that would be nice, but I think I’ve seen it…

(no offence, majicman, just a feeling.)

Flag Post
Originally posted by rosate:

Great work, HQ. One queston., Is the river suposed to go backwards, because if you look behind the waterfall, it is.

Yes, But I’m starting to think it’s not such a good idea, so i’m changing it.

Originally posted by Ramos_emanuel:

hmmm now that i look better at holy stuff i am very intrigued by the design , could work perfectly implemented in a game as world map(i suck at isometric view), holy when i finish awaken if your interested maybe you can help me with a custom map like that for a name in credits and ofc money cause that shit cannot be done for free its very much work ther

I’m flattered. Of course, just send a whisper when you wanna start on it.

Originally posted by Majicman12:

How did I do..?

Oh please, this is less original than popmusic. Use your imagination and add stuff! You did fine, but it lacks… Well, everything.

Flag Post

I know why this seem familiar. This was based off of my tutorial, wasn’t it? It’s the style and detail I used. I remember it well. I’ll change it eventually.

Flag Post

SO if people use your tutorials you must discredit them in such a non-profesional manner ?

Flag Post

Ooook, update anyone?

Think this looks good, everyone?

Flag Post

The transition between the earth and the pixelated heart on the side… well, it’s a tad bit confusing, at first glance. It probably needs divider lines there is all.

Flag Post

Still missing the lines, 2nd time I’m saying it. And others have too. :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarthKitty:

The transition between the earth and the pixelated heart on the side… well, it’s a tad bit confusing, at first glance. It probably needs divider lines there is all.

Of course, I forgot the grey line.

And TWA, the first time you said it I asked if you thought it was smarter to put them back, you didn’t answer. Now, why do you think it’s smarter to put the lines there?

Flag Post

Looking very good man, i like how you made the edges of the watterfall but that building from were the watter come out its somting that dose not quit fit, i mean it is good but in compare with other buildings its a litle to big

OK i also updated my pixel game hud on the butons and added a health roll over effect.
PS: im still taking sugestions on how to improve the boxes without adding to much pixels(because of lag and ebcause the theme is pixel clean as posible.)
Also any sugestions on what to draw when soldier is reloading ? (see under vasquez portrait)

Flag Post

Oh, I meant it to be around that size, since I wanted it to be about as big as sommin like the Hoover Dam

Flag Post

Yes its very good dont get me wrong but its huge in compare to other building and the other building such as the block has more details while the dan has only shades

Flag Post

SO if people use your tutorials you must discredit them in such a non-profesional manner ?

I’m just saying that they should show a bit of originality. Exact same windows, doors, roof, and color scheme. I’m going to add a note in the tutorial later,

Flag Post

Yes its very good dont get me wrong but its huge in compare to other building and the other building such as the block has more details while the dan has only shades

I understand, thanks for the crit.

Flag Post

@rosate
“I believe I’ve seen this before.
I checked my computer and my Photobucket for it, because it uses many of my styles, and didn’t find it.
I then checked through the original thread, and didn’t find it.
If someone could check a few more threads, that would be nice, but I think I’ve seen it…
(no offence, majicman, just a feeling.)”
You sound like a police man acusing someone for stealing and make the guy who is tryng to learn fell realy bad and maybe he will not touch pixel art again who knows , i mean what do you want ? for beginers to draw picasso from first time ?, and wtf is that “no offence” hypocricy, will you not fell ofended if i acused you of stealing tutorial art from pixel joint ??

@HolyQuacamole
No problem man

Flag Post

No, I would obtain proof.

It just seemed really familiar. It’s my styles, and what if it had been stolen, which is unfair and against the rules.

If you’re gonna criticize me for trying to make sure that my art was not stolen, then I suppose I have no more business here.

Flag Post

Your style ? You inveted pixel art and i dont know ?
Lisen i dont care about your art wich to be onest i consider it prrety nice but i care when someone is taking advantage of this and being an arogante prick accusing people of being tiefs without any hard evidence(atlest you could do is pm the guy not ruin his name). WHy did you posted that tutorial in first time if you dont want people to learn from ?

Flag Post

I don’t want people to make a carbon copy of it. People can learn about it. I’m going to put in a note at the end saying ‘Remember, be original.’
Anyways, yes. The proprtions, roof sidings/spillovers are the things I do. The color scheme and such are the exact same. The windows and doors are the exact same shape and style.

So why don’t you just shut up, and stop criticizing me for making sure my art wasn’t stolen.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

I am going to remain civil about this. Instead of freaking out and swearing profusely at you, I’m leaving this thread. And if you people wish for me to come back bad enough, I may. So good bye, and thanks, Ramos, for showing me that my time is wasted doing something I love.

Flag Post

Sigh, c’mon, stop filling up the thread with arguments please.

And,

Originally posted by HolyQuacamole:
Originally posted by DarthKitty:
TWA, the first time you said it I asked if you thought it was smarter to put them back, you didn’t answer. Now, why do you think it’s smarter to put the lines there?

The question was answered in the first statement, it’s better for WIP stuff, because if you make a mistake, it’s easier to correct with the lines. And like DarthKitty said, the transitions between the earth and the underground, etc. is “a tad bit confusing, at first glance.”

Flag Post

Also any sugestions on what to draw when soldier is reloading ? (see under vasquez portrait)

I’d just do what everyone else does and have the chamber slowly refill with bullets one by one. I think that’s what they did in storm the house. Either that or add a reloading bar that slowly fills up whilst reloading. Those ways look nice and are fairly popular.