Forums The Arts

[Group] Prophets of Pixels TWO page 57

1568 posts

Flag Post

I find it hard to place Ceiling cat atm.

Hello Kitty from… Hello Kitty
Keyboard Cat – Meme (YouTube)
Limecat – Meme
Happy – Fairy Tail
Longcat – Meme
Ceiling Cat – Meme

Flag Post

How’s the pixel art group going? I just thought I’d pop in here and see how everyone’s doing.

Btw, clasher, ramos, alex, lobster, whiteangel, etc.

You guys are pro!

Flag Post

Do the Invisible Wall Cat next!

Flag Post

Iv bein a litle idle latley here but im still working , working hard :D

Here is a litle preview of the new awaken, as usual i combined pixel art with adobe flash special effect.

With effects(final version):

With no adobe effect, clean pixel art

Hope you guys enjoy

Flag Post

Your dithering looks great TWA and the faces of the cat are perfect. Can’t wait to see more.

Looks great as always Ramos. :D Character design is fantastic. The menu needs a bit of work though, the logo is too small, as well as the buttons, and both are placed oddly. The image is a nice touch to the menu, but could incorporate to take up more of the canvas. In terms of the special effects I like how the lights are done, but one thing I would change in the fog around the characters’ legs. I feel that it should fade out a bit more near the bottom.

Sorry that I wasn’t able to post much last week. It’s the end of the school year and teachers love to give out projects. D: I asked a while back and didn’t get too much of response, but I figured I should ask again, would anyone like to do a contest or collab. I feel like it has been too long since the last one.

Flag Post

I think I really ruined it with the dithering this time. I might redo it back to the simple version and then animate.

EDIT: Saved it.

Changed the shape of the whole thing, changed the eyes, changed the mouth, and of course, started from scratch on the colouring.

Flag Post

Any of you guys in the mood to help ?

Im working on making maps for defence mission for my game and im a litle stuck on floor textures, i dunno what collors to combine and what textures to add, i must point that the maps are buildinded using titlesets(you can see the outlines from titlesets as test

PS: i want to make it simple and clean, not much AA shadings

edit, added some more stuff but i still need help with the floor(only the bar floor not outside floor cause thats final) :(

Flag Post

I am also trying to make better background/flooring for my game.

Something random I am working on…

Flag Post

@TWA: The lighting on the right side looks a bit strong. I assume you mean for it to be the light passing through the gelatinous solid and reflecting/refracting/whatevering out the other side. If you look here (I assume your gel is of a similar consistency to Jello) you’ll see that the light on the left side is way more subtle and diffused than the direct light falling on the right side. So you probably don’t even need to use your highlight color, but just dither in your mid-light color around a larger area on that side. Also, it looks a little pillow shaded. There aren’t any shadows on the bottom bit at all, and the shadow on the top is even throughout, even on the side where the direct lighting is coming from (just referencing your shadow color).

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheWhiteAngel:

I think I really ruined it with the dithering this time. I might redo it back to the simple version and then animate.

EDIT: Saved it.

Changed the shape of the whole thing, changed the eyes, changed the mouth, and of course, started from scratch on the colouring.

That slime reminds me of an image I did once a while back. Except of course that mine sucks a lot more than yours does.

An image of a slime I drew a while back, which looks almost identical to one made by TWA recently.

Also, I’m not making much pixel art lately, mostly because I’m trying to learn “proper” drawing skills first. That, and I don’t feel like it. Sorry guys. :(

Also also, that has to be a different exceed – Happy is blue.

Flag Post

Your slime is still very nice. :P And also, I don’t care about the colour, my palette is on the left of the image. T_T And with that palette, the colours of every cat, not just Happy are wrong according to their usual colourings. Only two of them being fictional, the rest originating from photographs.

Flag Post

again i had some free time and made this, enjoy

Flag Post

Lol, gemini project. Reminds me of a book…

That’s actually pretty cool, like those “Pick which faction” screens.

Flag Post

Flag Post

Working on a little something that I might submit to PixelJoint’s contest.

Where do y’all think I should go from here?

Flag Post
Originally posted by clasher235:

Working on a little something that I might submit to PixelJoint’s contest.

Where do y’all think I should go from here?

ad figures of little people working and going about their everyday lives in the lines.

Flag Post

thanks for the advice alex, but I do not plan on going back to step 1, for I believe you misunderstood me. I wasn’t confused on what colors to use but how to find those colors. say I wan’t a sand color with a dim neon glow shining on it, I know exactly what it would look like, but I have trouble finding that color. Like I’m so much more comfortable using black white I’ve said before many times in the past I’m more a water color, sketch, and chalk kind of guy.

@clasher

idk where but put a eagle somewhere.

@whiteangel

can’t go with out hipster kitty and monorail cat.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lime_:

thanks for the advice alex, but I do not plan on going back to step 1, for I believe you misunderstood me. I wasn’t confused on what colors to use but how to find those colors. say I wan’t a sand color with a dim neon glow shining on it, I know exactly what it would look like, but I have trouble finding that color. Like I’m so much more comfortable using black white I’ve said before many times in the past I’m more a water color, sketch, and chalk kind of guy.

@clasher

idk where but put a eagle somewhere.

@whiteangel

can’t go with out hipster kitty and monorail cat.

You don’t, swallow your ego and you might even learn something.
Colors don’t matter only the values (black and white) if you know how the values look like you know how the color should look like too! I didn’t misunderstand you, and you need to go back to step one or quit doing art. You don’t have any understanding, not even a basic idea behind how to draw and how to manage values and perspective. So sit down forget about your “experience” with art and start over or this wont do you any good.

Flag Post

@dragonz
Tnx man , tnx very much for suporting my projects :D

@alex
cool anim, working on a new game ?

@clasher
yes, qwber ideea is very good, draw siluetes with darker red on red lines and with open grey on white, scould look awsome

And now a litle prewiev , again pixel art + flash effects, enjoy

Flag Post
Originally posted by alexolsenpang:

Hmmm, the lines you put near his feet to make it look like he is moving fast kind of make it look like he is made of goo and his legs get little lines of goo stretching between the two whenever they pass each other, maybe you could change the colors of the lines a little bit so that it doesn’t blend in with his legs maybe?

Flag Post
Originally posted by kantieno:

Hmmm, the lines you put near his feet to make it look like he is moving fast kind of make it look like he is made of goo and his legs get little lines of goo stretching between the two whenever they pass each other, maybe you could change the colors of the lines a little bit so that it doesn’t blend in with his legs maybe?

It’s freelance work and I’ve already already sent it to my employee. And the legs wont look like that when lines blend more or less into the background. Btw I dont even have the color count to be able to do that…

Flag Post

Robot:

Flag Post
Originally posted by kantieno:

It’s freelance work and I’ve already already sent it to my employee. And the legs wont look like that when lines blend more or less into the background. Btw I dont even have the color count to be able to do that…

Oh okay I was not sure what limitations you might have had but it looks good regardless :)

Flag Post

I am working on a new style for myself (more cartoon-ish), using less colors and keeping the pieces simple; so far I have just made this couch and I kind of like this style. The light source isn’t really there, I just shaded it to my liking.

Is this better? Ignore the table for now.

Flag Post

I have a couple of recommendations, kantieno:

• First, define a light source; a lot of things can be attributed to style, such as outlines or simplicity vs. complexity, but light sources are universally important. Seriously.
  • Second, please, oh please, get rid of that anti-ailising. Home-made anti-ailising is pretty much impossible to get right. Apparently, I’m an utter moron for saying this. Please excuse my blatant idiocy.