Forums The Arts

[Group] Prophets of Pixels TWO page 58

1568 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarthKitty:

I have a couple of recommendations, kantieno:

• First, define a light source; a lot of things can be attributed to style, such as outlines or simplicity vs. complexity, but light sources are universally important. Seriously.
  • Second, please, oh please, get rid of that anti-ailising. Home-made anti-ailising is pretty much impossible to get right.

Thanks, What I’m planning on doing now is putting a lamp on the table to establish the light source and then redoing the shading, or maybe have a tv in front as the light source, since a frontal light source would fit with the current shading a little bit more.

And about the antialising, I’m using paint right now (and will only have paint for the rest of the summer (which isn’t that bad of a thing)) and when I resized the couch (because I made a little too big) it automatically anti aliased the whole thing, but I will go in and try to fix it.

Flag Post

Please, oh please, get rid of that anti-ailising. Home-made anti-ailising is pretty much impossible to get right.

Thats the most stupid thing I’ve ever heard, AA is very much possible todo by hand and not at all hard, look at any single one of my sprites and you will see! And AA looks much better when done manually then a computer does it because you can do it perfect while computer just blurs the line out.

Flag Post
Originally posted by alexolsenpang:

Please, oh please, get rid of that anti-ailising. Home-made anti-ailising is pretty much impossible to get right.

Thats the most stupid thing I’ve ever heard, AA is very much possible todo by hand and not at all hard, look at any single one of my sprites and you will see! And AA looks much better when done manually then a computer does it because you can do it perfect while computer just blurs the line out.

I agree. Doing it by hand yields the best results.

Flag Post

Well this is it, final looks of first mission, if you guys have any CC to tell me please do because this is my last pixelart project, im going for vector art after this one.

Flag Post

OK then. Sorry for being an utter idiot as I apparently am.

Flag Post

I watched hour after hour of youtube videos, pixel art tutorials, basic shading tutorials, and I`ve been drawing all day all night
for many hours.

This helped me on a major scale.

So I followed a tutorial and it told me to block in the shapes and go in for the details afterward.
also this is one of my first times actually using a palette, it helps a lot.

I tried to make his fur messy to add an old look to him, also I tried to make him look lonesome.

he is not finished

EDIT

I just realized his palette isn’t very well made I tried making a flower with a col palette I just made.

Flag Post

Finally uploaded my game!

Link

Flag Post
Originally posted by clasher235:

Link

Nice, I’ll play it some tomorrow, one bug I noticed so far is that if you mute the sounds, when you lock/unlock your gun, it still makes the noise.

Flag Post
Originally posted by kantieno:
Originally posted by clasher235:

Link

Nice, I’ll play it some tomorrow, one bug I noticed so far is that if you mute the sounds, when you lock/unlock your gun, it still makes the noise.

Fixed.

Flag Post

gg clasher, i comnted on your game and rated it 5/5

Just before i go i want to ask if anyone can trow me an opinion on pixel art – vector art if i made any improvment with the vector art or i scould stik with pixels.
Here is my first sample from vector art(its pixelized cause i imported into paint)

Flag Post

st000pid kong! ignore this message.

Flag Post

[ Wrote this 3 times now, wtf is wrong with you Kong? ]

“(its pixelized cause i imported into paint)”
Vector art is always pixelated if any other than .svg file.

Overall they look nice but you could try more contrasted shading and thinner outlines.

Also if you’re making vector art game:

• Non-static vector art is slow if it’s highly detailed.
  • If you need to scale the graphics, pre-scale the needed sizes and convert them to .png.
  • If you need fully smooth scaling you should avoid making too much detail(vector points).

Heres my minigame’s hero and his enemies =D
http://i.imgur.com/bka1G.png

Flag Post

I just realized that the version of my game I uploaded didn’t have the sitelock installed and it was stolen by some other site. Worse, the sitelock that I thought would work apparently doesn’t. For future use, does anyone know of a good way to sitelock?

Edit: @Lobstershow: Looks good so far.

Flag Post

Lobster, the trees are out-of-place with the style of the rest of the sprites. I thought the sprite was a mouse until I saw the title “KoalaOnRun”. If it is supposed to be a Koala, might wanna work on making something that actually looks like a Koala.

Flag Post

bump:

Flag Post

bump:

Kinda reminds me of Rocky :P

May I ask exactly what it is? :P

Flag Post

its colonell gaddafi, but this one sucks!

Flag Post

its colonell gaddafi, but this one sucks!

The face looks good, but what’s that around him?

Flag Post

I think its a space suit retro looking.

some banners i made for my latest games, jhon 404 and awaken black blood, i dunno when il finish the games

Flag Post

IM the last prophet of pixel ? lol were are you guys.

Puah i must keep this topic alive.
Some cars i amde for awaken: black blood

Flag Post

Why does the second one have two "e"s because if its a zombie Apocalypse it would be a waste of time?

Flag Post

Maybe they were not sure the e is visible , who cares ? :)

Flag Post

This is terrible, but I want a bit of criticism on it:

Flag Post
Originally posted by slothman400:

This is terrible, but I want a bit of criticism on it:

Try adding more texture. IMO it might look better if it were less angular, had less contrast, and the green was a little darker, but those are more of a matter of opinion.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ramos_emanuel:

:O
nudity on kongregate
even though its tiny