Forums The Arts

[Group] Prophets of Pixels TWO page 60

1568 posts

Flag Post

ill work on that I think I can fix it by making a big cloud Im also currently playing with that greenery, trying to find the right colours

Flag Post

Lime the green stuff looks a litle ocward but the watter is truly amazing, good use of collors.

INteresting drawing thnique on the luigi piece, is is eazyer to make with scans ?

And here is a litle somting my lazy a** works now , a cyberpunk rpg

Flag Post

how do you make such wonderful top down stuff. also thanks ramos

Flag Post

I just realized I haven’t replied to this thread in like a year. My PC broke and macs aren’t all that good (because of lack of MS paint, ofc) but I’ll try to find some good spiriting software and get back into it.

Flag Post

Yo, awesome art Ramos. As usual.
I think it’s easier like this yes, using scanning. I got a better idea of how to begin with the outlines this way.
And Mopp, welcome back. xD

Flag Post

THank you very much, you just encouragd me to post some more :P

Here`s some equipment demo, a weapon from each category with its specifc aim, some enviroment objects and some misc items

I hope yor eyes enjoy :D

*NOTE: character body and armors are disected because i also need to animate them and making frame by frame anim will take a lifetime so il use motions tweens

Flag Post

Nice man. I always love your armors, they look really cool.
And I also like the specific crosshairs for the guns. The Pistols and Lazers really get a sense of accuracy, while the shotguns and SMG’s feel a lot less accurate. Not sure about the rifles, though. Could be either.
Could you tell me, btw, what those robotic arms are?

Flag Post

Thank you. Robotic arm is a vent , he will be animated and have shadow, its not a game interaction objct only for effect, character will pass under it. CYberpunk them always has vents he he he

Flag Post

Oh alright. xD Sounds good.

Flag Post

@ramos I like the new cars, especially the red one. Also the lazer is cool and I like the different reticles for different guns like HQ said. Although I have a question about the lazer, what is the small box attached to the lazer by a wire? Also one thing kind of bothers me, in the first picture higher up the page, I think its a security camera in the upper left, but it kind of looks like its from a side-view perspective instead of a top down. Also, just a thought, I don’t know if you were planning to do this, but maybe you could make the camera rotate around the always face the player as if tracking its movements, for just added details.

I haven’t worked on this in a couple of days, due to moving and college classes starting back up, but I figured I may as well post it here.

This is a mockup for the game I’m working on. (The top-down shooter that I kept changing the theme from jetpac man to whatever) however, I think I finally found a theme and style that I like and am comfortable with.

Everything is pixel art except maybe the trees (I used the circle tool for the trees, I don’t know if they count as pixel art).

Flag Post

Looking altright, but I would add dropshadows to everything, not just the character and the trees. The mouse and… Snake? Look flat this way.

Flag Post

Yeah, that would be good, and you were right, it is a snake. They are gummies. Basically I decided the story will be that you are the “candy man”, you make your world famous gummie candy from the gummie creatures you catch, your main goal is to capture the king gummie which will yield a large if not never-ending supply of candy. I will probably make some more of the enemies in the next few days.

Flag Post

made this a while back I think I get the value thing now

It may be hard to see but I used purple as darkness

Flag Post

It looks way too small. xD

Flag Post

I know

Flag Post

But it kinda looks good like this. Detailed and still shaded well.

Flag Post

. zomming in three times is best.

Flag Post

Yeah, that’s sommin a lot of beginning pixel artists do, they make the mistake of zooming and drawing their pixel art keeping only that zoom in mind.
What you have to do, is zoom in and keep thinking if it looks good zoomed out. For example, the eye of the parrot or whatever it’s called looks really strange this way, but zoomed in it looks better. Now, if you just zoom in and edit it and then zoom out again to see if it looks good, that’d be better.

Flag Post

yeah that happens alot I still like it. i made five version and made them into stickers.

Flag Post

Usualy zoomd pixel art looks good on x3 zoomd or x6, strange stuff

Meantime , the dark future streets are not safe …. the hellowners gang :

First enemi from my cyberpunk project shooter

Also here are the body animations : http://megaswf.com/file/2466580

Hit full screen to see them

Flag Post

I’m new. My horrible gif:
Photobucket

Flag Post

on his leg whats with that one pixel that disappears plus try and make his knees bend and un bend

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lime_:

on his leg whats with that one pixel that disappears plus try and make his knees bend and un bend

I see. I’ll make another.

Flag Post

Goddamn, Ramos, that looks awesome.

Flag Post

a bit bigger now

feedbacks pl0x