Forums The Arts

[Group] Prophets of Pixels TWO page 61

1568 posts

Flag Post

I’d increase framelength in a LOT of those frames cuz it just goes too fast and I have to look at everything individually everytime to see what’s going on.

Flag Post

Thank you Holy , tomorrow is a big day for me cause i will release Awaken 2 : Rise of Heroes :D

Flag Post

Yeah, thanks Quac. I see that now, I didn’t really pay too much attention to that since it’s hard to adjust with the programs I’m using.

Flag Post

Awesome, Ramos!
And @kilozombie, I understand that. You can fix it in the future, though.

Flag Post

Thank you very very much

A litle suport for a pixel game developer , a nice coment maybe and a rate :D

http://www.kongregate.com/games/Ramos_emanuel/awaken-2-roh

Flag Post

Hi, I’m still working on my current zombie game!

And here a uzi with a silencer, actually the uzi is alitle to light for the rest of the body but I have since that fixed it to fit the player alot better. Im soon going to start beta testing so if any one of you guys does want to try the game give me a shout.

Flag Post

I can beta test :)

Flag Post

I’d love to beta test. xD

Flag Post
Originally posted by HolyQuacamole:

I’d love to beta test. xD

Flag Post

Soon they will come ….. in peace ….
The pandora box will open and will reveal all the mitological legend real origins … cyclops,minotaurs … they are ALIENS …. sooon …

WIP:

Flag Post

I’m still calling this a WIP.
EDIT: Happy from Fairy Tail’s colours have been swapped around, I think it looks better for him considering he’s blue normally.

Cats from left to right:
Keyboard Cat – internet meme.
Hello Kitty – Guess what that’s from? Hello Kitty.
Longcat – internet meme.
Limecat – internet meme.
Happy – Fairy Tail(its an anime).
Ceiling cat – internet meme.
Meowth – Pokemon.
Figaro – Pinocchio.
Nyan Cat – internet meme.
Bubsy – He’s from Bubsy…
Simon’s Cat – webcomic of the same name.
Speedy – Samurai Pizza Cats(90s cartoon).

Flag Post

needs hipster cat

Flag Post

I quickly added Garfield:

I like him being simple, but maybe he needs shading too.

Flag Post

Needs Swat Cats :D whoewer rembers that show ? :)

Flag Post

Adding more enemies, I’m thinking about some crawling and flying ones too!
Anyways hope you enjoy some of my new art for my game!

Flag Post

Anyone here in moood to help me with some floor tilesets ? im having problems with enviroment terain floors :(

Enviroment is a alien planet, im thinking some exotic vegetation or a desert type planet, so far i made character, character animations, interactive objects and some other stuff and im in a real inspiration crysysm any edit on this piece is much apreciated and if il use it on final game il put your name in credits to

Flag Post

I guess we just post art in here?
Might as well.

Flag Post

That was the point, post pixel art and recieve feedback. :)

I love both of those characters you have there, the overall outlines are rough for both of them. The rock-gorilla(that’s what I’m calling him) could be more defined in the space between ligaments if these rocks that make him up as an entity are seperate objects, which is what I usually imagine for fantasy creatures made of rocks. The chest and the overall dark area of the sprite could use redefining, and the “shoulderpad” of sorts sitting upon the top of the arm on the left is odd-looking for the moment. The eye of the beast is defined only by what seems to be one or two pixels. The pose fits the creature well, brutish and animalistic, standing his ground looking strong with his giant fist, however the opposite fist looks slightly odd in comparison. I understand it’s perspective, it just seems to be twisted a little.

The water-chicken(not sure if it looks like a chicken on purpose?) is very cool, but it definitely needs more definition of outlines with the colours it’s using(especially with it on a white canvas). The pose again reflects the personality well, I think, looking like it’s a pose straight from a martial art and ready to strike with… arms of waves, thrashing waves, I guess. Again, this character could use more refining of itself to make it look more like water and the like. Well, I think I’ve said enough here for the first one that I’d say for the second, only repeating myself.

Flag Post

Oh cool, helpful crit!

I have a personal thing against not using outlines, not sure why, but because we’re working on such a small scale you can fit so much more in if it’s without outlines!
I should probably change the background to a more sky blue colour too.

Also I don’t quite understand what you mean by “between the ligaments” or how I could redefine the dark area of the sprite whilst keeping to my four colour limit. Ideas?

Thanks!

Flag Post

Oh, I hadn’t realized you had a four colour limit, I just thought you were using a few colours to start it off. By that quote, I meant the space between say, the fist and lower arm, and between where all the main “parts” so to speak, come together.

I edited the rocky creature’s fist for reference.

I use the darkest colour for outlining the “ligament” per say, like the joints between our individual bones, connecting our wrist to our hand, for example. As I imagine, a creature made from rock, is a creature made from individual rocks bound together by magic and so on, so this can be shown by gaps in his body as he is like a skeleton and does not have the muscle or skin that we have to hide the gaps. I would use the darkest colour on his eye as well, perhaps making it more like a hole in his face like shown with the mouth. For the dark areas, you could use three of your colours, but I noticed when I was editing, if you count the yellow in his eye, it’s 5. :P

Flag Post

Lol, okay five colours.
The main issue with doing what was said here is that everything is going to blend into everything else behind it, but I understand what you mean, I’ll try to define the shapes of the rocks with the darker shade. Thanks heaps!
And I didn’t make the socket for the eyes dark because it’s glowing :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by jafhar:

Oh cool, helpful crit!

I have a personal thing against not using outlines, not sure why, but because we’re working on such a small scale you can fit so much more in if it’s without outlines!
I should probably change the background to a more sky blue colour too.

Also I don’t quite understand what you mean by “between the ligaments” or how I could redefine the dark area of the sprite whilst keeping to my four colour limit. Ideas?

Thanks!

You used 29 colors, I counted them.
Not using outlines is like shooting yourself in the leg, because has recognizes objects first by their outline then by their shapes ant lastly by their colors and similar. so if you don’t have a strong outline it will take you much longer time to recognize an object.

Originally posted by TheWhiteAngel:

Oh, I hadn’t realized you had a four colour limit, I just thought you were using a few colours to start it off. By that quote, I meant the space between say, the fist and lower arm, and between where all the main “parts” so to speak, come together.

I edited the rocky creature’s fist for reference.

I use the darkest colour for outlining the “ligament” per say, like the joints between our individual bones, connecting our wrist to our hand, for example. As I imagine, a creature made from rock, is a creature made from individual rocks bound together by magic and so on, so this can be shown by gaps in his body as he is like a skeleton and does not have the muscle or skin that we have to hide the gaps. I would use the darkest colour on his eye as well, perhaps making it more like a hole in his face like shown with the mouth. For the dark areas, you could use three of your colours, but I noticed when I was editing, if you count the yellow in his eye, it’s 5. :P

I’m sorry TWA but that would destroy the sprite your edit has lots of banding and jeust looks bad, the way he started his sprite looked much better.

And I made an edit to show how a strong outline and a few more colors could make the sprite much better.
Also, you could make your sprite much better by a few strong highlights and better use of shadows.

And here is a real 5 color edit.

Flag Post

Here’s a spaceship (for my ship idea for Vorp!-game)

Flag Post

Pretty cool, that. I guess, the only thing that bothers me is that the black is dithered and nothing else is.

Flag Post

looks very profesional made altough the midle of the plane is a litle ocward, dont know why, maybe its just my bleeding eyes