Forums The Arts

[Group] Prophets of Pixels TWO page 62

1568 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by lobstershow:

Here’s a spaceship (for my ship idea for Vorp!-game)

Is it just the perspective, or are the wings asymmetrical? The left one appears to be a different shape and width. Otherwise, it’s pretty good. The perspective itself seems like it’s pointing toward the player, but that kind of thing is hard to tell until the sprite is actually in game. Overall great style and colors, are you planning to actually make a Vorp-esque game?

Flag Post

No i’m not planning any game =D

The ship is in sphere/eye view perspective, but the wing is still slightly in wrong shape.

Flag Post

Long time no post :(
Anyways I put my project red dawn on hold :(
But I started a new one much easier one.
Its basically a platformer game. (All my games are platformer games HAHA)
And I have like 8 or 9 levels done.
I’m planing on like 39 maybe.
Anyways, I’ll post a few screenshots later.
Maybe if people are interested they can try it!

Flag Post

bumpity bump
the new game:

Flag Post

I wanna play it!

Flag Post

Looking good so far, a bit more polish on main character maybe, and if you want it PERFECT make a paralax background

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ramos_emanuel:

Looking good so far, a bit more polish on main character maybe, and if you want it PERFECT make a paralax background

Do you mean like a background with depth? That would be awesome, really. If you’d put darker and darker bits of blocks going into the background.

Flag Post

It doesn’t fit to this kind of game, if you want you can try the first levels…

Here is some of the first levels
http://megaswf.com/s/2508490

Basicly the megasfw resized the game so it doesnt look to good :(
But anyways it has some levels to play with and to give me some tips etc!

Flag Post

@HQ

Paralax background: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcYX_1jMkzs
I may add this is best paralax tutorial i saw on web but yes i just tested the game and a paralax bk dose not realy fit with the gameplay, but the gameplay is actualy realy nice maybe a normal static bk ?

On polish stage dont forget to get a voice actor, it helps alot

GL with the game

Flag Post

@HQ

Paralax background: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcYX_1jMkzs
I may add this is best paralax tutorial i saw on web but yes i just tested the game and a paralax bk dose not realy fit with the gameplay, but the gameplay is actualy realy nice maybe a normal static bk ?

On polish stage dont forget to get a voice actor, it helps alot

GL with the game

I doubt that I will hire anyone…
And I doubt that the game will be very much more polished than this…

Flag Post

I just got back into gaming development and i was doing some polish on some old abandoned artworks of mein, CC is weallcomed
enjoy

Flag Post

I’m sorry that I’ve pretty much completely neglected The Arts now, just too much else to do, but while I was looking back at this thread, I reminisced all the great works that were posted in the two PoP threads and I’m glad I made PoP to inspire and help aspiring pixel artists of the community, including myself. I understand why it’s so dead, back in 2010 although we considered the Forum pretty much dying 2 years ago as well, I created PoP to accumulate all of the great potential I saw in the artists doing pixels, in one thread, because at the time it seemed like there was hardly anything else getting posted apart from pixels. I wasn’t even that good, I do mostly illustration in Flash for flash games, but I just saw that others were and thought it was a thread in the right direction and format for the majority of the community.

This isn’t a goodbye message, I’m sure I could post my art every once in a while, I just felt emotional. Thanks and keep on pixelling.

Flag Post

Well yeah, man, you did a great job here. Kept me going, although I’ve stopped making pixel art, or any kind of art really.
It’s been a good year and a half (?) for me pixelling on this forum. xD Thanks.

Flag Post
Originally posted by HolyQuacamole:

Well yeah, man, you did a great job here. Kept me going, although I’ve stopped making pixel art, or any kind of art really.
It’s been a good year and a half (?) for me pixelling on this forum. xD Thanks.

Yeah, don’t really pixel art now.

Flag Post

I just got back into gaming development and i was doing some polish on some old abandoned artworks of mein, CC is weallcomed
enjoy

Looking forward to playing it!

Flag Post

I just made another version of the game!
And published it on fgl,
https://www.fgl.com/view_game.php?from=dev&game_id=26410

Will fix some bugs first and finish some minor stuff up and then I will us some of the first impressions…

Flag Post

tnx alex

Hey guys, any of you know a good tutorial for making a pixel explozion? size 100×100 maximum and 50×50 minimun, preferably top down but any would do

Flag Post

This might help, but it isn’t topdown, sorry.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qPX8eXjedQ&feature=plcp

And this:
http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixelart/68324.htm

Flag Post

hey ramos, your game looks great its fine but if anything I would give him more baggy pants.
I played your game its amazing, very hard. but amazing. umm one qeustion do you work as a pixel artist or do you do free work as a hobby.
I know a good explosion pixel video it is not a tutorial but it works if you study it long enough. on youtube write in “frankiesmileshow explosion animation” it should popup if you write that in. he has really amazing pixel art if you want to look at more of his videos.

I’m getting more comfortable with my color theory but do the same laws of it apply to pixel art or not. also does any one have any hints, tips or tricks for pixel art?

oh sorry, lol thats the same video alex just put in.

Flag Post

Thank you alex and Lime, that vid is amazing that guy defnetly has skills, i still use the clasic mspaint(no layers) so it will be a litle harder for me to do it like that but il give it a try.

@ Lime, it started as a hoby but im seriosly thinking of going full time on it.
Pixel hints? patience, alot of patience :P

Flag Post

No problem Ramos.
The game is now looking for sponsorship!
And got some quite good first impressions.
https://www.fgl.com/view_game.php?from=dev&game_id=26410

Flag Post

This forum hasnt had any contests latly because sniper is presumably dead.
So I would like to host one, ok the rules are; it has to be a pixel portrait. You can have as many as three submissions, you can either make a new one or pull up a old one. Which is pointless because the point of this is to help you improve. Ok it can be a cat or a dog even maybe a hamster. So yeah a portrait (no inanimate objects). it will be rated on use of color and anatomy accuracy. Please submit even if your brand new challenge yourselves. I will submit later :/

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lime_:

This forum hasnt had any contests latly because sniper is presumably dead.
So I would like to host one, ok the rules are; it has to be a pixel portrait. You can have as many as three submissions, you can either make a new one or pull up a old one. Which is pointless because the point of this is to help you improve. Ok it can be a cat or a dog even maybe a hamster. So yeah a portrait (no inanimate objects). it will be rated on use of color and anatomy accuracy. Please submit even if your brand new challenge yourselves. I will submit later :/

Can it be humans?

Flag Post

of course it can :)

Flag Post

you could make your portrait of a tortis if you feel like it