Forums The Arts

Taronium's little doodle corner... page 3

123 posts

Flag Post

OOoohh, I didn’t even check for comments there, haha. Woops! No problem, it’s wacky sometimes, but it’s a learning experience for me, too. I think it’s kinda cute that anyone could think this sorta thing could’ve been a mistake. I gotta go check out the comments then… I suppose it’ll only be yours there, hehe.

Yes, this is a painting I’ve done in Artrage. I’ve had my shirt (out of microfabric, which is kind of silk like) next to me, my juggling balls and mask (which I actually bought in Venice) and decided to arrange them somewhat. And so I tried with some patience to capture really what I’m seeing. To even bring your mind to calibrate to values and then consistently reproduce them is quite exhausting. Really, this is exhausting. But I’ve done a much more exhausting exercise after that, having my lavalamp and a glass of water beside me. That was insane, but not nearly as pretty. 8}
If you go to the gallery link I posted up there, you’ll find it, too.

However, don’t underestimate the continued beauty of logic in life into fields of logic like math and everything related. Besides, I don’t think you’ve meant “abstract thinking”, but the exact opposite. Abstract thinking deeply embraces math, since it does not require visuals, images, recognizable manifestations. Abstract refers to something without form or knowable structure, removed from any subject, really. Hahahaha, yeah, this may relate to your appearance, when you’re dreaming away, being drawn away from the moment or reality, but that’s not normally the meaning, hihihi. Funny, though.
I need to visualize everything in my mind and that’s what happens, too. Even when I do my math, which is important for a lot of my programming, but that’s no biggy, because most of it is meant to become a visual phenomenon, haha. _
Don’t forget that it’s all about communication, though. Even if you identify your passion as your own and believe you need to focus on your own improvement or discovery, eventually you do all this to fulfill a function within your community and eventually amongst all mankind. As everyone with doing what ever their spirit tells them to. That’s how we roll…or should roll. But society degenerated enough to make this a fairly lost understanding.
Anyway, so communication means to be able to exchange your visions as well as receiving the input to feed your visions.
What you do not like about school is its primary function, pah, that is to discipline you, condition you for the submissive society out there. The educational part is far less relevant to the school system then the obedience it is supposed to enforce upon you. You’re not given the devices to understand how to live together and function for each other. You’re forced to obey the system, as it pretends to know what you are and have to do. Artists often find that a bit unpleasant and most likely wrong, because very little is art a useful function within society… UNTIL NOW! Because now, as people are pushed into uselessness, meaning servitude without real product, visual effects and the likes become a great field to send kids to. They serve as it was intended, they do useless nonsense as it is wished for and they’ll have to obey authority at all times. Excellent, let them become “artists”, haha.
hm…i’m rambling, am I not?
Sorry about that…

Flag Post

Valid points, all of them. I think it isn’t necessarily the structure of schooling that I dislike, I think it’s just the fact that it’s the same routine, every day. I like new things, I like to be excited and have fun adventures, I guess that’s just part of life itself. When I think of abstract, I think of well abstract art for example, it’s just a whole bunch of colors swooshed together to make something interesting, and well, that’s me :D And I would rather be removed from any subject anyways ;) I am one of those non-conformist types. Not meaning dress in all black and hates society type person, but I mean I just don’t like to do what everybody else is doing, I like to carve my own path, and do things my own way when it comes down to it. But I’m sure that isn’t what you mean by it. I too enjoy computer programming, and I am fairly good at it, not at Flash, but at game maker :D if you get in depth into the GML language there is some pretty difficult stuff, the language itself is more friendly to new users and for me, was a great opening into flash because I had an understanding of programming; what is a function, what is a method, what is a parent, what is a class, what is a subclass, yata yata.

But do I enjoy mathematics? God no. Is it necessary? Yes. Our brains are like giant calculators, calculating things every millisecond, it’s a part of life, so of course I can’t just ignore it, because it’s necessary. I digress, because I think I have stated my point. I understand math is important, but all the same, I do not enjoy it just as much as the next person, advanced mathematics to me is a whole bunch of mumbo jumbo I don’t wanna deal with; it’s just not the life path I would consider taking.

For me it’s a lot about art, like I said before, making my dreams, visions, thoughts, feelings, come to fruition on paper, or the monitor, whatever. Sometimes I’m not the most expressive and open person, and sometimes I find that art is my personal outlet, I can pour all of it into the artwork and watch it come alive right in front of me. It’s amazing some of the stuff you can make when you really really put your mind to it.

Flag Post

This thread becomes a bit muddy right now. If we wanted to continue with philosophy, we should make it its own thread. I like that, too, very much. But it’s not exactly “a little doodle”, is it now. ;o)

BECAUSE OF ALL THE TEXT, HERE’S A LITTLE COLLECTION OF ALL MY AVATAR DOODLES THUS FAR

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

NEW BATCH:

Flag Post

I demand that you paint me a turtle. XD, well not demand. But I would like a turtle :D

Flag Post

There…

Flag Post

Oh my god…Those are the greatest things I have EVER seen.

Flag Post

Thanks, GDC, hehe, and you’re welcome. 8}

Flag Post

Oh thank you. Sorry I got so excited I forgot :D

Flag Post

Merry Christmas, I guess…but most certainly a wonderful time I wish to you and your families! Reconnect to each other and read the spirit within each of you carefully and with pleasure.

Nevermind the tree…

Flag Post

Help me, I’m a tree! D: Also, would you mind going to my profile and critiquing my most recent piece on the collabs? It’s normally 1400×1000 but the collabs auto-resizes it.

Flag Post

New Batch:

Flag Post

Your Hotroddon is really cool and with the way he…..erm, *it is positioned I cant help but see it perched on the edge of a castle wall. Though really ive been reading alot of fantasy novels lately so that might have somthing to do with me seeing a castle =P