Forums The Arts

Gallery of Stuff - TWA: Game/Comic/Other Crap Artist page 2

40 posts

Flag Post

When you said “I’m TOO HIGH”, I thought you meant drugs, lol.

Flag Post

I don’t know what to tell you, Dragon. I’m not planning on adding an explanation of the jokes, no matter how bad, added on to every comic.

Flag Post

The new college project which I finished and handed in on Friday. Dunno why I’m showing you now and not earlier.

Flag Post

I’ve been looking through this thread in my spare time, and I’ve got to say, I’ve quite enjoyed what I’ve seen. I happen to enjoy your art style; for it is done in an intricate sloppy way, though I don’t know the exact term if there is one. You also seem to match colours quite well, to make things visible when needed, while keeping the colouration entertaining to the audiences eye. I would add in a few things that you could do better, but I usually only work on pixel art (I can’t seem to do anything but just that), so I’d not exactly have a fair say of what should be there, and what could be better.

I also checked out your tutorials expecting to learn nothing, but I quite enjoyed them, as to I learned a bit that I have either forgotten, or never learned in the first place. I also liked the way you added humor to liven it up at some parts that are inevitably boring no matter how they’re explained. The only problem I found was that there were a few spelling and grammatical errors littered throughout some of the tutorials, but that’s only a minor issue, and is easily overlooked.

I also think that your animations were done quite well. I think the paper-like crinkle overlay in your most recent animation was a very nice touch, as well! I just don’t exactly know what a “Rowntrees” is, so I didn’t entirely get the point. But anyways, if you could let me in on the program you used to create the animations, I’d be quite thankful, for I’ve not found any animating programs that are anywhere above sub-par.

I wish you the best of luck on your future artistic endeavors, and am looking forward to your future projects!

Flag Post

Rowntrees is a British company who make sweets and the brief was basically, make an ident animation for them and be as creative as you want. And I use Adobe Flash for the animations, version CS5.5. I’ve used Flash for years, I draw almost everything in it with the brush tool because I’m just used to it, and Flash is a program where you can make games and animations, so I feel like I can just use it for pretty much everything I want to do. Thanks for the kind words, I’ll try to add even more stuff.

Flag Post

Good God, I’m scraping it off page FOUR, for the love of…

This is a birthday card for my mum I made today:

I KNOW, I KNOW. I’M SO CHEESY LIKE A GIANT WOTSIT.

Oh and, greg month Keyboard Cat:

Flag Post

Clearly between ‘08 and now there is a vast improvement. My only suggestion to you is I highly recommend you dabble in other areas of art. The tough thing is is we all get ’comfortable’, and it’s always good to have a happy-medium, don’t get me wrong. But the only art I see you posting up here appears to be in your comfort zone. Why not experiment? If it goes wrong it goes wrong. I would just like to see more of what you can do, for example sketches that you do.

I always emphasize to people to experiment with realism, if you don’t like it you don’t like it, but you can’t knock it until you have tried it. Anyways I like what you can do, but you know there’s always room for improvement, even for me. So keep improving.

Flag Post
Originally posted by GraphicDesignC:

Clearly between ‘08 and now there is a vast improvement. My only suggestion to you is I highly recommend you dabble in other areas of art. The tough thing is is we all get ’comfortable’, and it’s always good to have a happy-medium, don’t get me wrong. But the only art I see you posting up here appears to be in your comfort zone. Why not experiment? If it goes wrong it goes wrong. I would just like to see more of what you can do, for example sketches that you do.

I always emphasize to people to experiment with realism, if you don’t like it you don’t like it, but you can’t knock it until you have tried it. Anyways I like what you can do, but you know there’s always room for improvement, even for me. So keep improving.

I do do(doodoo) sketches quite a lot, but the scanner annoys me so it puts me off ever uploading any of them. :P EXTREME LAZYINESS HERE. And I agree, I desire to stick to drawing in flash as my comfort zone because I know that’s where I learned to draw digitally, I don’t even want to use anything else like Photoshop because the one program is my comfort zone despite the pixel art in MS Paint, which was the only program I knew about before I started to want to make games so I’m used to that and I don’t like the programs that could be easier to make pixel art in.

The thing I would say about my improvement is that, when I started with Flash I improved rapidly… and in the comfort zone, I’ve hardly improved since 2010. I will try and dabble with other stuff, I’m just going to be forced back into Flash at the same time by the need to try and develop games.

Flag Post

Here’s some concept art for a game idea I’m doing with my college friend

And here’s the results of the 3 hour livestream today

Flag Post

Here’s a bump to give you a heck of a lot of art, but I’ll start off by saying, a good friend I used to talk to on Kongregate a long time ago gave me a donation of 4,000 points on DeviantART, that’s about 50 dollars worth of points there. It was the first donation I’ve ever received for anything, and I’m eternally thankful for that deed. I used about half of it to get a 12 month membership on the site, which is really cool and I’ve always wanted. I’ve also been drawing a lot, so much drawing…

Request from a friend for an icon no. 1:

Request from a friend for an icon no. 2

Sprite That I forgot to upload to DeviantART a while ago no. 1

Sprite That I forgot to upload to DeviantART a while ago no. 2

And finally…

Youtube Channel Request no. 1

Youtube Channel Request no. 2

Flag Post

4th post in a row, I’m starting to think I’m being purposely ignored, but what the Heck, I’ll keep posting anyway.

GUNDAMIT ALL: Gundam Sketchdump

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator