Forums The Arts

Shattered (A "Writing Based" FG similar to ITA) page 2

30 posts

Flag Post

The creature led me to a small group of other beings… among them two other earthlings, though it appeared that they were both on death’s bed. Every third or fourth entity in the group had some kind of device. They appeared to be weapons of some sort. The creature instructed us further. “You will be traveling as a group to the surface of a nearby planet. You have been chosen because the environment happens to afford your survival. Your task is to subdue the sentient life of this planet. You will find supplies already ’ported. We will return for you in 35 galaxian years.”

Flag Post

Archer, care to take over? I’m out of ideas again, but I’m getting more ideas for the Quantum Hourglass book I’m working on, so…
Yeah, I’ll be busy for a while. I’ll try to post again when I can.

Flag Post

They attached us to the outside of some sort of belt about three metres in diameter, with some sort of weird, floating thrusters in the middle which appeared to be attached to the ring, but there didn’t seem to be anything supporting them. I gazed curiously around, and looked at the rest of my group. They were a dingy, rather dirty and tired, like they’d been through a lot of experiments. They weren’t all human too. There was one rather strange humanoid which had odd bumps everywhere, and the hands had six fingers protruding from them, with sharp, razor like points. It also changed colours rather strangely; I couldn’t work out a pattern at all. Then there was the other, rather strange lizard-like creature, yet it seemed to warp forwards and backwards when it was still. Strange, not to mention the fact that there were blue orbs orbiting erraticly around the lizard.

I heard distantly,“Turn the controls on. Warp them to SP4967. Activate Interdimensional Cam Quadra, Fyghar, Rimfry. Test Scan. 495D (Positive.) Send…”

The voices were growing fainter, and I couldn’t hear the rest. As the thrusters were turning on, I felt myself losing consciousness. I glanced around at the others of our unfortunate gang, and they seemed to be getting rather sleepy as well. I crossed my fingers, then let myself float into dreamland, while the thrusters flew us into the unknown.

Flag Post

I awoke staring at a clear, green-tinted sky. The disorientation was less severe when I knew what to expect, but I knew nothing about where I was… currently. That would change. I raised my head from what looked like a broad, dry riverbed. It was a desert valley dotted with scrubby, stunted vegetation. None of my colleagues could be seen. I sat up and took inventory of my belongings… my fatigues were intact, the pockets bulging with various bits of equipment, but the promised camp supplies were nowhere to be found. I stood up slowly. No shadow… a greenish light diffused by the environmental haze, but bright enough to see for several kilometers. A low range to my north, (north?), and in the distance the vague shape of a much larger range opposite. I was in a broad valley… but where was my team? Mission? Fuck the mission. It was just when I was considering my options that I felt the low, slow vibrations coming through the ground.

Flag Post

You know what? I think this is a real shame it died for a while. Time to revive, I think. Also asked a friend, AdeebNafees who participated in ITA to help my efforts. Get ready for the next part, guys.