Forums The Arts

Get your sword in my game!

8 posts

Flag Post

Hey everyone, I want to try something here. I’m currently in the process of making a sweet RPG game with detailed turn-based fighting. The amount of artwork I desire is a little hefty and I don’t want to do it all by myself. So here’s what I want to do:

I need swords – very creative, unique, original, asymmetric swords that are themed like exotic animals: crocodiles, birds, tigers, snakes, sharks, etc. No cats or puppies. Vector art is preferred as I can scale it as I wish, but If you don’t have access to a vector editor, try to keep everything between 40*100 to 120*250. I’m looking for ‘decent’ stuff. The more shading, texture, and overall detail the better. I don’t want the swords to look like they were literally built out of animal body parts, but more like a mutation of the animal.

Of course, if I use your sword in the game, you will get credit and recognition within the game.

Thank you for your time. Feel free to ask me questions, or to tell me to go away. :)

Here are some examples:

Flag Post

How far along are you on your game? Do you have programming experience? (Just asking b/c I’ve seen a lot of these projects just fizzle out with the game never actually being made.)

Flag Post

Do they absolutely have to be swords or can they be like the blade gauntlets shields axes? I ask because I could turn animals, into weapons.. But I don’t know about making them all swords.. for example a snake would likely make a better whip than a sword.

Flag Post

shields and axes will also be acceptable I suppose.

@clasher235, I’m almost done with the ‘engine’ of the game, but I have not started yet on any sort of game sequence. I’m a competent programmer.

Flag Post

Are you looking for something like this snake shield or something else?

http://i.imgur.com/sVMhW.png

Flag Post
Originally posted by Samoht777:

@clasher235, I’m almost done with the ‘engine’ of the game, but I have not started yet on any sort of game sequence. I’m a competent programmer.

It’s okay if you don’t want to, but showing us what you have so far might attract more attention and give us a better idea of what you’re looking for.

Flag Post
Originally posted by clasher235:
Originally posted by Samoht777:

It’s okay if you don’t want to, but showing us what you have so far might attract more attention and give us a better idea of what you’re looking for.

Updated with a few examples. Might update later with a demo of the actual gameplay.

Originally posted by Mntoothpick:

Are you looking for something like this snake shield or something else?

http://i.imgur.com/sVMhW.png

That looks pretty cool. I would probably use that.

Flag Post

I might try to do one. I’m really not a good digital artist, but I can do it.