Forums The Arts

Kickstarter Project.

6 posts

Flag Post

I am attempting to raise money to help me fund my third album. Once completed I will be giving the full length album out as a free digital download. If you help me raise the money you will in turn get prizes such as CDs, shirts, signed stuff etc. as well as the free digital downloads for everyone!

Whether or not I raise the money, I’ll be giving the album out for free, I am just looking for some financial support to get things going.

I would REALLY appreciate it if you helped but if not then that’s fine too :)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/erikthomas/erik-thomas-self-titled-album

Sincerely, Erik Thomas.

Flag Post

Hey Erik, I don’t have discretionary funds to help you out but I noticed one thing missing from your Kickstarter presentation that might help get more interest. You don’t really say what you need the money for. In the video, of course, you say that making an album can be expensive and time-consuming… and on the page you suggest merchandising expenses and such, but if you can provide a more detailed breakdown of how you’ll use the money, it can help people see that they’re really helping in a specific way.

Flag Post

That is very good advice. I would love to do a follow up video that gives more details as to how I will specifically use the money (I’d go in depth about production, photographs and promo). Sadly there is only 5 days left in the project and I will not have time to put out another video. Doesn’t look like I’ll reach my goal but at least I tried. I still look forward to creating and finishing this album to give it out for free to anyone who wants one.

Flag Post

good to see that you met and exceeded your goal

Flag Post

Why do you need a video’s to tell us what exactly you will do with the money? Why not just explain via text and maybe a diagram or two?

Flag Post

A video isn’t necessary but it can be a great tool. Often times people would rather see a quick video than read a bunch of text.

Thanks Armis_Game! I am actually about to make a post on here regarding the free streaming/download you can all have if you are interested.