Forums The Arts

The ArtBox! (Undergoing restoration works) page 4

258 posts

Flag Post

Negative is along the scale of colours (not sure quite which one), each colour has an exact oposite: blue to orange. etc.

EDIT: The “negative” of red is in fact blue.

Flag Post

actually, for opposites, its..
red to green
purple to yellow
orange to blue
has nothing to do w/ negatives!!!

Flag Post

Color wheel here to stop bickering.

Flag Post

My new topic seems to be getting some interest, and I think it may be relevant enough for a place somewhere in the Guidelines section :).

Also Chad, Negatives and Opposites are not so much different, negative is the technical term for opposite in fact, so really it is relevant to negatives, although it does depend on what colours you’re looking at, in reality, mixing all primary + secondary colours would get something strange (usually with paints), but on a computer (or if you’re learning science) mixing all primary + secondary colours will produce the “colour” white.

Following the last statement, opposites on a computer will differ from opposites with paints/colouring on papers/canvases.

Flag Post

Aldrin’s, NCIO’s and DeadSoulReaper’s Avatar Request Thread
Argueably some of the best avatar makers on the site. Aldrin may do banners too.

Change NCIO’s To TuckerFast’s

Flag Post

when will the glossary be updated?

Flag Post

im trying to learn how to edit sprites

all i realy want to know is how to recolor sprites and how to takes lets say a arm form on and attach it to another sprite

Flag Post

search “how to fuse pokemon” on youtube.

Flag Post

thax :D!!!!!!

Flag Post

Lax is it ok if i use ur dictionary on the website im making?

Flag Post

What the hell is with the pen tool on PhotoShop CS2? I can’t stroke the path no matter what I do. Help?

Flag Post
Originally posted by gismo588:

Lax is it ok if i use ur dictionary on the website im making?

No, unless you provide me with the link of your website beforehand and let me know what and where it is going.

Originally posted by SevereFlame:

What the hell is with the pen tool on PhotoShop CS2? I can’t stroke the path no matter what I do. Help?

Google will help you, as my links only use the latest versions of software.

Flag Post

do you think you can add thee art store now? we’re growing great.

Flag Post

I was waaayyyyy to lazy to look for this, but is there a section on attaching pics together?

Flag Post

Its TuckerF a st not TuckerF e st Just letting you know

Flag Post

You need to change the DRAGON Art link to the current forum!

Flag Post

Color wheel here to stop bickering.

Use this colour-wheel to determine the correct opposites!
Just look at your chosen colour and find the colour that lies at point symmetry of your chosen one. So take Red for instance, point-symmetry turns it to a light-blue.

The Mac computers come with a feature that allow you to place everything in negative.
Press:
Ctrl + Option + Command + 8

I’ve used this method to verify the previous statement.

Flag Post

also, if you mix two inverted colors (red/aqua-blue example), then you get gray

Flag Post

Nice bit of information there GHX.
Well you can see that mathematically, with a point-symmetry, the center of the segment leading from A to B is the center of the symmetry, and on the “Colour Wheel” it’s in the white-grey zone.

Flag Post

GIMP Portable, could be very useful when “I don’t have PDN/GIMP/PS right now”.

Flag Post

I have a good question.

what is the hexcolor code for behind your avatar?

Flag Post

#efefef

Flag Post

I have a question……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… Why are the “art” Forums dead???

Flag Post
Originally posted by pivotman99:

I have a question……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… Why are the “art” Forums dead???

Its Midnight.

Flag Post

Hey just a thought that I’ve always wanted to know, I’m not sure if i should ask it here but it seems like a good place to start:

How do you make an animated picture? Like on your computer?