Forums The Arts

The ArtBox! (Undergoing restoration works) page 7

259 posts

Flag Post

Thanks anyway :p. But there’s so many guides online that say how to do it in PS7 so I found it odd that it should happen to mine D:

 
Flag Post

Does anyone know a good program to make avatars?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by samb278:

Does anyone know a good program to make avatars?

Any raster editor like Paint.Net or GIMP should be fine.

 
Flag Post

How do you make a link like a word…so say if i wanted to make http://www.google.com into Google would i do that?
Ok aweseome! Thanks!

 
Flag Post

you would type:

"Word you'd like to become the link":http://-website- 

So for Google that would be:

 "Google":http://www.google.com 

Which gives: Google

Hope that helped. ;)

 
Flag Post

Would this forum be the right place for a game where I show a distorted image and have players guess it, lessening the distortion over time? I will be distorting the image on my own, as in I made the art.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by cuffofizz:

Would this forum be the right place for a game where I show a distorted image and have players guess it, lessening the distortion over time? I will be distorting the image on my own, as in I made the art.

Probably best for offtopic. More ppl will play there too

 
Flag Post

I’m not sure if I’m posting it in the right place, but I have a question concerning the Art Collab.

How can I see my own and other artists pieces average ratings?

>edit<
One more question: Can you earn points by submitting Art and Music?

 
Flag Post

how do u make an art collab

 
Flag Post

How can I draw I can’t find the place

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Nickienator:

How can I see my own and other artists pieces average ratings?

You can’t.

Originally posted by Nickienator:

One more question: Can you earn points by submitting Art and Music?

No, but you earn a few by voting.

Originally posted by bloodzknight:

how do u make an art collab

Go to the collab section and select “Submit your Art & Sound now.”

Originally posted by miguelaco:

How can I draw I can’t find the place

I’m not clear on what you are trying to say. If you are asking for drawing programs you can start with paint and GIMP.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Nickienator:

I’m not sure if I’m posting it in the right place, but I have a question concerning the Art Collab.

How can I see my own and other artists pieces average ratings?

>edit<
One more question: Can you earn points by submitting Art and Music?

No idea how to other artists average ratings. If you rate theirs it may show up.

I don’t think you get points for it but you do for rating it.

 
Flag Post

How can I play.

 
Flag Post

How can I play?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Battle_organiser:
Originally posted by Nickienator:

I’m not sure if I’m posting it in the right place, but I have a question concerning the Art Collab.

How can I see my own and other artists pieces average ratings?

>edit<

One more question: Can you earn points by submitting Art and Music?

No idea how to other artists average ratings. If you rate theirs it may show up.

I don’t think you get points for it but you do for rating it.

The average ratings shows up after the weekly contest is over.

 
Flag Post

Can you add compo please?

I ahve no idea what it means

 
Flag Post

Compo, short for composition.
Where and how you place things.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Ncio:

Compo, short for composition.
Where and how you place things.

Oh thnx. Thats simple

 
Flag Post

[Deleted by Forum Moderator: don’t spam]

 
Flag Post

What does composition mean? :P

 
Flag Post

placement or arrangement of visual elements or ingredients in a work of art, as distinct from the subject of a work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Composition_(visual_arts)

 
Flag Post

I added Typography, Dodge and Composition, and changed one or two definitions.

I look forward to updating this eventually, so if you guys have any more terms, do tell me thanks.

 
Flag Post

I’m working on a list of problems I have with your definitions.

My main beef is that most of the definitions are geared towards their application to sig production. Since sigs are a fairly large portion of what this forum does, this is probably ok, but there should be something denoting when it’s heavily geared towards sigs and not general art.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by rawismojo:

I’m working on a list of problems I have with your definitions.

My main beef is that most of the definitions are geared towards their application to sig production. Since sigs are a fairly large portion of what this forum does, this is probably ok, but there should be something denoting when it’s heavily geared towards sigs and not general art.

Yea I kinda noticed, but i wanted to have it as straight forward as possible and as simple as possible.

I still would like some additions/changes.

 
Flag Post

HELP!! i don’t know how to post art to these thingies!!!