Forums The Arts

The ArtBox! (Undergoing restoration works) page 9

257 posts

Flag Post

How do I create those grey lines in the main post?

Flag Post

<hr>

gives

Flag Post

I’m having a problem with animated avatars not working. Any idea why? They are below 21 frames (only 4 frames, and still not working). I have tried animating them in both Ulead GIF Animator and Photoshop CS4. I’ve uploaded them to imageshack and tinypic, maybe this is the issue? If it is, then where should I upload them? It’s weird because the animation works fine in my posts, but when someone sets it as his avatar, it’s all messed up.

Flag Post
Originally posted by xXScrapheadXx:

I’m having a problem with animated avatars not working. Any idea why? They are below 21 frames (only 4 frames, and still not working). I have tried animating them in both Ulead GIF Animator and Photoshop CS4. I’ve uploaded them to imageshack and tinypic, maybe this is the issue? If it is, then where should I upload them? It’s weird because the animation works fine in my posts, but when someone sets it as his avatar, it’s all messed up.

They are pretty fucked up on kongregate. NoteyMan seems to be good at getting them to work.
mlm is having same problem, I think.

Flag Post
Originally posted by piratemonkey:

They are pretty fucked up on kongregate. NoteyMan seems to be good at getting them to work.
mlm is having same problem, I think.

Just a proper gif, no transparencies and 21 and less frames youv’e got your self a working animated avy on kong.

Flag Post

I didn’t have tranparency on any of the gifs, and they were way below 21 frames.

Edit: Maybe it has something to do with where I upload them? Where do others upload animated avatars?

Flag Post

I am having the same problem. It’s definitely not a problem with the upload site because I have tested it by uploading them straight from my files to my avatar, but they are still glitchy. And yes, they are less than 21 frames with no transparencies, saved as a .gif and they still won’t work as avatars. This is a major problem with kongregate; and in my opinion needs to be fixed asap.

Flag Post
Originally posted by PokemonFan7:

I am having the same problem. It’s definitely not a problem with the upload site because I have tested it by uploading them straight from my files to my avatar, but they are still glitchy. And yes, they are less than 21 frames with no transparencies, saved as a .gif and they still won’t work as avatars. This is a major problem with kongregate; and in my opinion needs to be fixed asap.

You’ve got them saved as the wrong file. I used to have the same problem ages ago.

Flag Post

And how do you save them as the right file?

Flag Post

And how do you save them as the right file?

Yes how?

Flag Post

Iunno. .gif? :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by LovedOne:

Iunno. .gif? :P

Wow so helpful. Kong doesn’t support them very well. I’m wondering if there’s a specific method of saving them for an avatar. Any I make don’t work.

Flag Post

Kong doesn’t support .gifs? I’ve seen a couple of those over-powered stick figures blowing up stuff, and laser-shooting stickmen avatars, and I think that those were .gif’s. o_o

Flag Post
Originally posted by LovedOne:

Kong doesn’t support .gifs? I’ve seen a couple of those over-powered stick figures blowing up stuff, and laser-shooting stickmen avatars, and I think that those were .gif’s. o_o

Some of those were added a while ago, before Kong limited them to 21 frames. I’ve seen some good ones but have no idea how to save mine so they work as an avi.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Laxaria:
Version 1.02 Added Creative Commons link, fixed some grammer and spelling issues (glare at Kryn)

Methinks Grammar. =P

Thanks for the Photoshop links.

Flag Post

Excuse me but i have a very important question to ask all of you people here. I am still sort of new to the whole forum scene, mainly because i rarely get on any forums, but i digress. What i want to know is, does this website only accept images, pictures, etc., that are drawn via computer and/or drawing program? If not then could you also please tell me how i would go about posting some of my own artwork that was drawn by hand? Thank you, from the forum noob.

Flag Post
Originally posted by VinnyOfTheFunk:

Excuse me but i have a very important question to ask all of you people here. I am still sort of new to the whole forum scene, mainly because i rarely get on any forums, but i digress. What i want to know is, does this website only accept images, pictures, etc., that are drawn via computer and/or drawing program? If not then could you also please tell me how i would go about posting some of my own artwork that was drawn by hand? Thank you, from the forum noob.

Feel free to post any kind of art so long as it was created by you.

Flag Post
Originally posted by VinnyOfTheFunk:

You’ll need to scan it in with a scanner. or take a photo, although normally the former’s quality is better.

Flag Post

I was looking at dafont and found some very akward fonts

http://www.dafont.com/darrians-sexy-silho.font

http://www.dafont.com/walt-disney.font

http://www.dafont.com/el-font-gohtic.font

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

yeah,any good request threads?

Flag Post

Question, I found a pic of one of the Spartans from the Halo Wars Artwork via google images. Would I be allowed to edit it and claim it as my own/submit it to collabs?

Original: http://planetrenders.net/renders/albums/userpics/30954/Halo%20Wars%20Spartan.png
I have the version that I edited, and I would like to submit to the collabs, but if it breaks any rules, Id rather not.

Flag Post

I don’t think the Collabs promote photo editing as much as self-drawn images.

Flag Post

I guess that would make looked down upon…maybe Ill find the time to edit my drawing and put it on there.

At least the one I got makes a pretty decent avatar :D

Flag Post

New defs?

Clipping Mask-Pieces of an image (usually signatures) that have been cut out and moved over another part of the image.
Layer Mode-How a layer interacts with the rest of the image.