Forums The Arts

Pete's art dump page 2

232 posts

Flag Post

Thanks!

Flag Post

Very nice work on that TD art. Really a shame it didn’t work out :/ Even though being me, I would like the frost tower more, I really like the toxic one. Just that style really brings back memories and makes me think of the grow games.

Flag Post

Interesting art. There’s a lot.

Flag Post

I draw a lot. :)

Flag Post

Threw together a quick house to show demonstrate proportions for a fellow Kong artist.

Flag Post

That is fucking awesome.

I especially like the plant.

I saw your tower defense concepts, and I really love the look. At some point in the distant future, I’d love to do something with it. ^^

Sucks that the collab fell apart. People tend to be flaky when money’s not involved. :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by MoonlaughMaster:

I saw your tower defense concepts, and I really love the look. At some point in the distant future, I’d love to do something with it. ^^

Sucks that the collab fell apart. People tend to be flaky when money’s not involved. :D

I hear ya.

Actually, I’m over the TD thing. It would have been fun, but I’d much rather do a platform racer, ala Cyclomaniacs. In my imagination, the race would be all in silhouette on a orange, post-apocalyptic sky. Maybe a jeep, or a motorcycle… like TeaGames Motocross, but longer, with some kind of light story.

Flag Post

Was cleaning up some old folders and came across this sketch for a print RPG product. I think I used this element in the design, but it was subdued. It was supposed to be evocative of an orrery, and with RPG dice, of course.

I recognize that there are some bits about this that are inconsistent. If it were used large, like this, I certainly would fix them. It’s just a sketch, however.

Flag Post

For a short while I couldn’t tell if you we’re pulling stuff off of Google images.
Then I realized something.
Google images pulls all their stuff from you 0u0
Seriously, amazing stuff!

Flag Post

Ha, thanks, Hero.

I had so much fun drawing Kantiero’s house, I just sketched up a little space-station thing. It’s actually nothing in particular… just blocks all stacked up.

Flag Post

Couple of more things I had laying around… (I hope these weren’t already posted above)

My studio wall…

EDIT: Dupe removed.

Flag Post

I think those must’ve been on an older thread? The second last one’s on the first page. The “Black Belly” inidan drawing’s one of my favourites of yours.

Flag Post

Chisel-nib Sharpie Marker FTW. The brown butcher paper I actually pick up at Home Depot. It’s drop-cloth paper. It’s about $15 for a huge roll. I have it hanging from my ceiling on a string, so when I feel like drawing, I just pull some down like toilet paper and tape it to the wall. When I’m done, I cut off the drawing, roll it up, and stash it.

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

Instant skatepark, just add concrete. (Graphic for a fundraising campaign where they sold water bottles with this graphic on it, and the phrase above.)

Flag Post

Logo for a game that was never produced, with the incredibly talented designer, Scott Okumura…

Wayfinding banner for a game studio’s new office space. I did maybe 15 or so of these, all of them with a different theme. (It was fun, but a lot of work… the shortest one was 3-feet wide… the longest, 16-feet.)

Flag Post

Components for Betrayal at House on the Hill. Dennis Crabapple McClain did most of the illustrations.

CD packaging concept for MapleStory. We ended up implementing the slide-out option.

Packaging shipper / aisle display (or countertop display) concept, never implemented…

Flag Post

Some early stuff for Microsoft Game- and Developer Studios…

MapleStory TCG. Illustrations came from my counterpart in Korea…

Some graphics for a book I wrote, called the Public Skatepark Development Guide…

Flag Post

Old punk rock CD design. Thing I liked about this was that the song list is on the front. This band made 6 or so albums and singles, but they said that this design still gets talked about.

Here I am…

Art direction, design, and some of the illustration for Vegas Showdown. (Again, with the talented Scott Okumura.)

Skatepark advocacy materials…

Banjo on the porch. There goes the neighborhood…

Flag Post

Some skateable bike racks I submitted for a public award. I didn’t win. :)

Flag Post

A portrait of Anne and Mike. I’m not sure if this is already in this dump. Here it is again. Sharpie, white pencil, and orange marker. About 4×4 feet.

Flag Post

that is good. and no its not in here yet. nice elephants :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by papplejacks:

that is good. and no its not in here yet. nice elephants :D

It’s funny because I sweated over their likenesses and, although it looks like them, the drawing is stiff and uncomfortable. I DIDN’T sweat over the elephants… they basically took about 2 or 3 minutes to draw… and they turned out awesome.

Weird how that works.

Flag Post

Little one-sheet I made the other day for fun. Not sure if or where I’ll use it, if at all.