Forums The Arts

Arcade Cabinet Construction Project page 2

39 posts

Flag Post

When I learn how to read, I’ll go back and review.

Actually, I wasn’t that interested in what games, but rather how many. Maximus is just your menu system and emulator, right? You’ll have to collect and load the ROMs yourself, right?

The reason I ask is because the emulator in my friend’s cabinet is just a long list of about 1,200 games. If you want to get to X-Wing, you gotta sit there for a long time. (And he has all these different international versions, so if you accidentally choose one you didn’t want, you have to scroll through it all again.)

It would be cool to have a robust menu system where you could group the games into nested folders, (or even sort them from the interface). ROMs can be a lot like Fonts… the more you have, the more fun it is… and the more of a filing headache it becomes.

Flag Post

TWA, i recomand you put streets of rage remake, you can play it with your dad, its a wonderfull game im playng it with my wife, seriosly best beat em up out ther

Flag Post

I’m pretty sure the first 3 Streets of Rage games are enough…

Flag Post

Aaaa so you know about the series ? :D
Yes first 3 are enough but this remake is realy hot, i playd all 3 + this remake and it was first remake that was up to the original, it also has a nice feature of computer co-op

Flag Post

Marquee Design on DeviantART
Full size

And tomorrow, you’ll get a picture of it being used as the marquee… yay!

Flag Post

interesting. nice work

Flag Post

Side Art:

Within minutes, this has had 3 favourites. How do people find this so fast?
Cabinet Side Art on DeviantART

Flag Post

Pleeeeeease fix Mega Man’s thumb before you get these printed.

Flag Post

Haha, sorry but the marquee’s already on the cabinet like that, and… I cba.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Oboe_Passion:

Pleeeeeease fix Mega Man’s thumb before you get these printed.

Can’t unsee.

Flag Post

Just posting here to let you know I’m following this as well, it looks amazing so far! :D

Flag Post

This is a barely visible marquee with the art:

I’ll post some better pictures of it when it’s not so light outside, and then you’ll be able to see the light behind the art as well.
Just for the sake of it:

I give you the on/off emergency button on top of the cabinet.

Flag Post

Control set-up art shown on the bezel:
Sorry, apparently the image is too big for this because the scrollbar disappeared
Bezel on DeviantART

I hope everything there isn’t too distracting from the game, or too much information… but at least we’ll never forget what everything does when we can read that.

Oh, and I almost forgot. I fixed the side art up a bit because people were talking too much about Megaman’s deformed thumb on and off this thread: Side Art Mark 2

I can impress you lot, maybe, but my family are even harsher critics.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator