Forums The Arts

Macbeth - The Movie

6 posts

Flag Post

Hey guys, I just created this thread because I wanted to share this video to everyone see some comments. The story was scripted and the filming was done in about 8 hours due to a very strict deadline (Which is the reason why we had no costumes and had scripts on camera), but I thought I made it up in over 24 hours of post-production. Thought it was the best Macbeth video on youtube, so grab some popcorn and enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZCJIlgi3fI&list=HL1342494256&feature=mh_lolz

Flag Post

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KZCJIlgi3fI"></iframe>

Flag Post

It’s like watching a school play, bored within the first 30 seconds. Thank God we’re not forced to watch all 23 minutes like you would be in school…

Flag Post

In all honesty, watched like 20 seconds, and I was scared at how bad the first two “actors” were… I mean 8 hours is plenty to learn a few lines, if anything you learn the scene you are about to do, then film that, take 15 mins to learn the next scene, film that, and so on until you went through the whole thing; Costumes are not that much of a big deal if the effects are on the same level of preparation state, right now however the contrast is way too big. I might have given it a chance if it wasn’t for the big special effects at the beginning making me think that the whole thing will be on that level of excellence.

Flag Post

Couple of things:

1. I couldn’t track the narrative thread because of the sound quality. If wind shear is going to be a problem, shoot indoors.

2. I couldn’t make sense of the dialog because the delivery was so stiff. If your actors can’t remember the lines or play their roles, have them improvise the intent of the scene. Ditch the scripts, and shoot shorter scenes.

3. I was expecting an interpretation of Macbeth. I didn’t get that. I’m not sure what I got. If you’re going to follow in the footsteps of the world’s best playwright, you better have some pretty good apologies lined up.

Flag Post

Wow um…that took 8 hours? That could have been an hour’s work. I can memorise a poem in about 10-20 minutes. Memorising that script isn’t hard. Also, the actors really need to capture the feeling of it.

I watched, like 30 seconds then pressed exit.