Forums The Arts

Best Sampler?

3 posts

Flag Post

Can anyone recommend a good sampler keyboard? The only one I am even remotely familiar with is the Ensoniq EPS (and that only as a demonstration from my music instructor ages ago).

Tell me why you think it is better than others. Better if it is a model that is currently being sold in stores (not just old used models on eBay and the like — Ensoniq went out of business, so that’s the only way to get those, plus they’re old).

Thanks

Flag Post

is there any budget? the only one ive seen used is the korg microsampler, but it is pretty costly.
it is however pretty easy to find though. when i lived in the uk i was even able to find one for sale in a local music shop, they are still pretty new aswell

I personally prefer to use a non-keyboard sampler (i previously used a zoom sampletrak)

Flag Post

Thanks. I didn’t think anyone was going to respond.

As far as budget, I don’t have a hard set budget, but I’d like to keep it under $3000. I was reading elsewhere that the AKAI MPC1000 was supposed to be rather good (though it doesn’t have a keyboard; it does have some small velocity-sensitive drum pads).

I’m a bit leery about computer samplers, only because in the past when I’d purchased audio gear (software + card w/ inputs) for the computer, it has turned out rather crappy (the input quality was horrendous — but that was quite a while ago). I’d also like something I can take to open mics or the like (I could use a laptop, I suppose) — I’d prefer live instrumentation, but short of finding a travelling flea band, that’s out of the question…

Anyway, thanks again for the suggestions. I’ll look into them.