Forums The Arts

New pixel art page 2

35 posts

Flag Post

I like a lot :3

Flag Post

Thank you. :B
Both of you, that is.
The other person on the previous page as well.

Flag Post

why not make a tutorial on how to make sand, yours is great!

those googles dont look symetric

Flag Post

Thanks, but nah, it isn’t great.

Flag Post

better then any sand I make I suck at making grainy lookng substances

Flag Post

Well, it’s easy to do.
Use dithering.
And put random pixels of near-black and near-white and a dark sand tone everywhere.

Flag Post
Originally posted by HolyQuacamole:

Thanks, that’s really helpful. About the spike, I wasn’t willing to change it because I, as I previously said to someone else, don’t want to follow realism in this piece, so wondering where the spike’s coming from is part of that.
About the mask, I was going to change it but I didn’t have time up till now, so you’ll see what I’ve done to it in a few days, probably.
And the ridges on the barrel aren’t shaded, that’s probably why they seem so flat. And the rest of the tips I will also follow, but I don’t have time for a big reply.
Thanks again.

You took what I said completely out of context.

bq.And the ridges on the barrel aren’t shaded, that’s probably why they seem so flat.

That’s why I pointed it out, I was saying you need to shade them.

don’t want to follow realism in this piece, so wondering where the spike’s coming from is part of that.

That makes sense, but it doesn’t HAVE to be ‘realism’ to express realistic properties. It seems to me like you are trying to play the spike off as some sort of a mystery as to where it should be coming out to make the viewer wonder. When I look at it, it just confuses me. But that’s just me.

Thanks again.

Of course, I love offering help where needed, I’ve been doing this for something like 6 years now and I started doing art here. It’s only fair that I pay it forward because this forum essentially raised me. XD

Flag Post

Yeah, I didn’t think get that first bit, probably. But I knew I should shade the ridges, I didn’t need to get criticism for it, actually, to figure that out… xD
And yeah, I suppose that spike, I dunno, just passing it off as a mystery would just be lazy. But I don’t have the motivation to work on this piece again.

Flag Post

Understandable, I tend to have a lot of unfinished pieces. I suppose I will end it off with the fact that I do like this piece and think you did a good job.

Flag Post

Thanks.