Forums The Arts

how do u make good art

24 posts

Flag Post

i want to be famous with my art on kongregate! how do u guys make such good art like [img]http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/375573_10150397225209474_111616304_n.jpg[/img]??!

Flag Post

You draw. A lot.

Flag Post

I suggest taking art lessons.

Flag Post

I still think a question like that is kind of stupid…
But sure, draw. A lot.

Flag Post

Take art classes, if you can, reading books on how to draw they can teach you lots of tricks and techniques, like above posts Draw a lot, and to me above all else experiment. Also you might want to say eff erasers for awhile.

Flag Post

Erasers. Haha! That’s funny advice. The thought of using an eraser hasn’t occurred to me in years.

A lot of the portraits that supernoober cited were first projected onto the sheets using a Tracer opaque projector. (It’s a low-watt projects that runs about $50. They’re a lot of fun and really useful for portraits.)

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Wow, it suddenly got really hot in here.

Don’t sweat it, supernoober. I ask myself the same question every time I pick up my sketchbook.

(Oh, you might want to consider that your second post is basically calling out someone with over 1,500 of them. You might want to thicken that skin a touch.)

Flag Post

I don’t think I can draw for crap, but i’m getting better.

Flag Post
Originally posted by rann13:

I don’t think I can draw for crap, but i’m getting better.

Post up some stuff.

Flag Post

Take some art classes and practice often. I’m slowly getting better.

Flag Post
Originally posted by VanHalen1:

Take some art classes and practice often. I’m slowly getting better.

one does not simply take art classes

Flag Post

Like what the others said, just practice a lot.

But I also want to mention, there are some people who are born with certain talents and are actually aware of it. I know some people who force themselves to be good at something, but their end product/output just fall flat because it’s really not their “thing”. Just learn about yourself more and determine what you’re really good at and nurture that.

But to sound encouraging, determination and hard work can also get you a long way. So get practicing! :)

Flag Post

I respectfully disagree with Kuroitengu. At a fundamental level, creating art… be it drawing, painting, poetry, photography, dance, acting, or whatever… should be fun. The “practice” needs to be rewarding in and of itself.

If you are determined to learn how to play guitar, playing guitar at your current level of skill needs to be fun and rewarding. If it’s not and you become frustrated by the experience, you do two things to disrupt your progression:

1. You create a pattern that disinclines you to participate.
2. Your frustration creates learning barriers and stifles creativity

Learning must be fun and interesting.

I’m good at drawing because I draw. I don’t draw to become better at drawing, and I don’t draw because I’m good at drawing. I draw because I enjoy it. Because I enjoy it, I draw often. Because I draw often, I become better at it.

Flag Post

for my really early drawings I just did grid drawings really easy and can turn out really nice. you should always look at pictures and draw or at least until you know all of the proportions and anatomy those two subjects are really where I struggle.

Flag Post

The true secret to making good art is to make art that isn’t bad. (Try not to let the secret out.)

Flag Post

you gotta BELIEVE

that question is probably one of the worst i’ve heard in a while. only I am capable of asking a worse question

Flag Post

Become famous in the art industry? Though I’m not an artist, I can tell you this: Keep trying, draw more, hell go to big art sites to show off your drawings.

Flag Post

once you think your good enough make a little portfolio for an art show thats how you get in with the big guys I dont believe anone on kong is this skilled though.

but really their could be so ill just speak for my self for now.

Flag Post

too be honest you shouldn’t draw to be famous draw because that’s what you love.

once again pete got it right on.

Flag Post

It takes years to draw to be famous. You should search on the internet and google some random pictures… Try drawing them in different ways and find your original style. Drawing is about being creative. Maybe you can find some art sites and get critisism. Learn from it. I do quite recommend attending art classes, but why? Im not gonna waste money on others art! xD But for my opinion, drawing is like a hobby to me and that’s what I love.

Flag Post

Draw a good picture on a white t-shirt of a guy saving a bunch of kids from a burning orphanage. Put that shirt on, then hang out at an orphanage. When it catches on fire, save the orphans. The news truck will show up and the reporter will think it’s great that you are wearing a shirt depicting the story, of YOUR DRAWING! The image on the shirt will go viral and you’ll be famous.

No skill required!

(But you might have to burn down an orphanage if you begin to get impatient.)

Flag Post
Originally posted by petesahooligan:

You draw. A lot.

I want to piggyback off of this and throw out one of my favorite quotes because I love it and it makes me okay with things that turn out terribly. And that’s why I keep drawing.

Flag Post

Most of what I do, I suck at.

It’s certainly true for me.