Forums The Arts

First thoughts on my signature

10 posts

Flag Post

Flag Post

Neat.

I hope you don’t try to use it here on Kongregate, though.

Flag Post

Well, it looks nice but you could make it look much better :)

First, go for only one focal point. You have, like, three; text and both Pokémon.

The sig has no flow at all, it looks a bit plain. Maybe you should go for another background and a light source.

Don’t go for cool effects on the background, a nice render and a text. Sigs aren’t that hard to make and once you know the basics. Look for some tuts, I’m sure you’ll be great at it in no time!

You just need practice, patience and imagination! Do you use Gimp? Because if so I can give you some .xcf’s and maybe some tips :)

Keep it up!

Flag Post

Well its better than anything I can do.

Flag Post

To get that flow Lightsun was mentioned you could simply swap the positions of the two pokemon and lead the eye right to left. It’s a bit unorthodox to lead the eye right to left so you maybe want to just reflect the images and out them on the left side. The pokemon in the forground, when switched into the background can be looking toward the small one who’s eyes can then direct attention to the text.

I have to disagree that there are 3 focal points. It’s clear to me what you wanted to be the focal point. I actually realized now that you do actually have a flow to this piece, it’s just that its forcing my western reading (left to right) to be pushed back because of the flow right to left. You may want to consider adjusting the opacity of the background, it is competing for attention and interrupts the piece. Adjusting that should also give you a clearer text too.

Flag Post

It looks neat. I think the font of your username could be better. Also, the blank area on the left side needs something.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DemonOfMist:

It looks neat. I think the font of your username could be better. Also, the blank area on the left side needs something.

Bumping an old thread.

Flag Post

LOL I did not notice this thread was made an year ago. I guess no one really posts under Arts. Sorry about that. By the way, your link to bumping an old thread does not work.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DemonOfMist:

LOL I did not notice this thread was made an year ago. I guess no one really posts under Arts. Sorry about that. By the way, your link to bumping an old thread does not work.

Niiiiiiice ^^.

Flag Post

“Linking an old old thread.”