Forums The Arts

Design A New Troll-Boy 3000

8 posts

Flag Post

Hey everybody!

I was just wondering if any artists would be interested in designing a brand new Troll-Boy 3000 for the Just Trolling minigames. I can’t offer any compensation except for full credit and having your work seen by many different people over time. I was hoping some artists would be interested in considering this some kind of quick side project, because as you can see by my complete lack of artistic ability, it wouldn’t take an artist very long to come up with something much better. Consider the bar very low, and consider me very eager to see what some people might come up with! Any Troll-Boy designs are welcome!

The only constraint is that it should be 400×600 px total with a blank screen area of 400×325 px (give or take any border). And one other small screen that needs to display dialogue and actions which can be any size as long as text and buttons displayed within it are visible.

Please let me know! I’d be very grateful for some Troll-Boys done by people who are far more capable than me. You can see the current Troll-Boy below, and in the game Just Trolling.

Flag Post

Personally, I feel that the dimensions set are a real constraint. I can see the idea clearly came from the Pip-boy 3000, it would be great to get a good-looking clone of it, I think it could look so much better if it was redesigned around that. I’d be prepared to draw up a Troll-Boy that looks more like the Pip-boy, but it would have to be on it’s side for me, whereas your dimensions are set on it being laid out vertically.

Flag Post

I’d love to see what you come up with, TWA, and of course you’re right about the Troll-Boy/Pip-Boy thing. I think absolutely anything is acceptable as long as I can re-size it to fit in the Just Trolling game screen, so check out that screen and if you think you could make something that fits in there (and fits along with the minigames, one way or another) then I’m sure it would work perfectly fine. Thanks for your interest!

If you do decide to make one, however you decide to make it I will try my best to make it fit with the game.

Flag Post

I’d be happy to paint you a Troll-Boy. Give me a few hours and I’ll post my results.
Don’t accept it from TWA, he’s trolling you! :D

Flag Post

First edition, might edit it more.
All you have to do, Mosh, is resize the game icons to fit anywhere in the green area.

Flag Post

For reference:

1. Please .gif’ize the clock, so it goes in a counter-clockwise direction.
2. You wanted the battery to (randomly?) drain, causing the screen to go black.

Flag Post

I actually love how you went for a Gameboy instead of a Pip-Boy, it looks pretty cool and the color of the screen really makes me want to make an oldschool Gameboy-styled minigame now.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

For reference:

1. Please .gif’ize the clock, so it goes in a counter-clockwise direction.
2. You wanted the battery to (randomly?) drain, causing the screen to go black.

Good idea ;)
I’ll leave that to Moshy since I’m a newb at animated gif’s.

Originally posted by Moshdef:

I actually love how you went for a Gameboy instead of a Pip-Boy, it looks pretty cool and the color of the screen really makes me want to make an oldschool Gameboy-styled minigame now.

Space Troll Invaders.

Also, going to add a D-pad.