Forums The Arts

Chat Room Logo

7 posts

Flag Post

Hello everyone of The Arts I need some input. Please take a look at this work in progress logo I am doing for VforVendetta. http://i.imgur.com/hD8ew.png

I was wondering, what should I add, I was thinking about adding an hourglass because of the name, but it doesn’t fit in my mind. Should I put the location inside an hourglass?

Also what else should be in it?

~Thanks, Q.

Flag Post

Put an hourglass.

Flag Post

Yes, there needs to be an hourglass.

Flag Post

I feel like the top half, especially the left side is completely unnecessary space.

Flag Post

Make the Sun an hourglass.

Flag Post

A couple things:

What is this logo to be used for? It seems to be less a logo and more a banner.

The text is boring at this point. You should definitely add an hourglass of some kind, but that won’t make up for the lackluster text. Make the text interact with the background.

Flag Post

I feel like right off the bat that there is way too much negative space, particularly the top left corner. In addition, I believe we need some more info as to what this is for to better provide a good critique. Depending on where this is going to be applied will dramatically affect what we have to say about it in order to help you. Overall though, I would say incorporating an hourglass into this is a must. The text also seems a little out of place in this image; The text has a very rough and sharp appearance and doesn’t flow well with the smooth, blurred, warm-colored background. The context of the image relative to what it’s going to be used for seems odd as well. A oil-like digital painting for a sunset for a chatroom called ‘The Hourglass’ seems out of place. You also mentioned it was a logo, while this image seems a bit too large and illustrated to be a logo. Just some thoughts.