Forums The Arts

~PIXEL TIME~

89 posts

Flag Post

O.K. well I am a pixel artist and there are many others here on kong as I know of. so this is my thread… I checked and there is no active pixel showoff thread. so I decided to host a pixel thread where you can freely show off any pixel art or if your a beginner you can receive feedback.

So here are the rules…

1. all pixel art must be made by YOU!
  1. if I host a contest, pixel art has to follow the topic given.
  1. any stolen art is not tolerated.

so yeah pretty basic rules easy to follow. I welcome all range of pixel art experience even if your not a pixel artist we can give you tips on the DOs and DONTs.

feel free to post anything pixel art good or bad I will still give constructive criticism. also if you want to give advice make sure you know what your talking about and your not rude.

I will start this forum off with a question “What should I call the thread”

feel free to post your art. :)

Flag Post

I will also use this as my personal gallery.

Flag Post

Flag Post

hmmm I could finish those if you like… heh heh

well that pixel text is revolting just like the darkest green in your green soldier. that might offend you but make sure it doesn’t. I love the parrot I’m working on a project to draw shit tones of pixelated birds and give them cool backgrounds I’ll show that later, but that’s the reason my name is pixelatedbirdy its also because I’m terrible with names, but i love drawing pixelated birds of all kinds well animals in general but- blah blah blah off topic shtuff

O.K so I like the color choice on the sun in that game mockup, the emoticons shading especially the anger face and the illumination on your MW3 guy.

wait a second… is that harrison ford and is that a smiley face… that one I really really like I can tell your quite new too pixel art judging by your dithering style. don’t worry you’ll grow a pixel dither style sooner or later.

one last question… did you just recolor the MW3 guy? it seems that way. If so it might be quite the challenge filling in his middle spot there and youre landscape seems nice. goodjob and nice pallette choices

Flag Post

Hey, good luck on your new pixel art thread and weallcome to the forums, il start by now and say sorry for my bad english.

link for animated version: http://www.kongregate.com/games/Ramos_emanuel/cyberpunk-city

Flag Post

the cyberpunk city is very well done I really enjoy that one. I could get a cup of coffee and watch that all morning.

omg is that,… voldemort, these guys could use some noses :P the top one is my favorite

and I assume this is all for the game awaken.

very very nice. your style is very different then any other pixel art and I like that. great for post apoc games.

Flag Post

how about we name this thread sound good.. yeah?

how about pixel something completely unanimous. haha

Ok so you see my avatar, <<<< over there. well I liked it so I made it better I’m not sure if it even looks good at’ll but I thought it was terrible ill show it anyways just for the hell of it.

well never mind imgur isn’t working :/

Flag Post

Tnx and Nah this were made for a side wiev shooter wich i abandon i just used the up guy on some menus in awaken

this is out of pure fun i made, character from 3 side wievs

Flag Post

nice I would post my stuff but imgur wont work- oh wait nvm here you go

Flag Post

much better lol Its just recolored not really anything.

Flag Post

When will we see more of your creations ? :)

Flag Post

when I go to my computer next week
do you have a name :/ I’m terrible with names

Flag Post

LOL friends call me murfi, you call me … ROBOCOP :))))))))))))

Flag Post

robocop sounds good but i meant for the forum hahaha

Flag Post

It sayz right under my avatar x_X

Flag Post

no the name of the forum I see your name.

what should i name the thread

Flag Post

here you go ramos just whipped this up in 10 minutes I dont know how i feel about it its not good but I like his beak

Flag Post

It is very good and for 10 minutes thats truly epic gj

Flag Post

oh wow nice

Flag Post

yea man and 10 mins i mean WOW

Flag Post

i like my bluejay better :) but thanks for liking it I can’t get my other stuff ATM but i will try too make more.

how about i make some sprites

in the meantime I need some ideas to name this thread…

Flag Post

why not prophets of pixels 3 lol ramos might get the joke

Flag Post

but yes please show us some sprites an i kinda want to see this blue jay.

why does you bird not hav feet?

for the thread name maybe pixel nexus, idk ie been playing too much rotmg lately.

Flag Post

haha im a big rotmg fan too. but i love the name so far. thx i will try to make more art but too much stuff on my hands :P

the bird does not ha feet bcause i plain out suck at bird feet.

Flag Post

A game I’m working on.