Forums The Arts

~PIXEL TIME~ page 3

78 posts

Flag Post

I’d love too throw up a contest for this thread to keep it going. I need more people willing.

Flag Post

Bumping old thread with new pixel art :P

Flag Post

THANK YOU! my art computer kinda broke. something about windows I cant really do anything in the mean time.

I really love your colors alex. What “methods” do you use in coloring your art.

Flag Post
Originally posted by PixelatedBirdy:

THANK YOU! my art computer kinda broke. something about windows I cant really do anything in the mean time.

I really love your colors alex. What “methods” do you use in coloring your art.

I just color it :P

Flag Post

How are you all creating those? I want to make something but don’t know how to begin. Can someone point me to the right direction plz?

Flag Post

A laggy video, so TECHNICALLY you could say it’s pixeled:P

Flag Post

There are plenty of tutorials out there with the basics of pixel art, just google them :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by LiraelI:

There are plenty of tutorials out there with the basics of pixel art, just google them :)

I will just Bing it, but I don’t know the programs that I should use. There are so many out there and I don’t want to invest time in the wrong one.

Flag Post

Well, people say GraphicsGale is great, and there is a free edition…

Flag Post

I would recommend Graphics Gale also. Though microsoft paint will do just as well. If you have never been too good at art, don’t worry about it. I started a little over 2 years ago with pixel art and sucked at it of course. But I just kept playing around with it and looked at a few tutorials and eventually I got pretty good with it. It would also be helpful to look at other people’s art and copy it. Doing this can help you understand techniques and what you can do to achieve different looks. As long as you aren’t remaking someone’s art piece and then claiming it as your own, their is no problem with learning like this.

I did not stick with pixel art, I ended up enjoying vector art much more. But I think it was very beneficial to start with learning pixel art, because working down at the pixel level really helped me understand what was going on in my art and how it could be improved.

Flag Post
Originally posted by kantieno:

I would recommend Graphics Gale also. Though microsoft paint will do just as well. If you have never been too good at art, don’t worry about it. I started a little over 2 years ago with pixel art and sucked at it of course. But I just kept playing around with it and looked at a few tutorials and eventually I got pretty good with it. It would also be helpful to look at other people’s art and copy it. Doing this can help you understand techniques and what you can do to achieve different looks. As long as you aren’t remaking someone’s art piece and then claiming it as your own, their is no problem with learning like this.

I did not stick with pixel art, I ended up enjoying vector art much more. But I think it was very beneficial to start with learning pixel art, because working down at the pixel level really helped me understand what was going on in my art and how it could be improved.

Thanks for the insight. I will be looking into this when time permits.

Flag Post
Originally posted by alexolsenpang:

looking very sexy

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ramos_emanuel:

looking very sexy

Thank you :*
I finished it before, but lost the file :/

Another update btw :)
Also I don’t post here very often so follow me on twitter @alexolsenpang

Flag Post

very cool treat check my pixel art on stop motion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW8JtcfmpXc

Flag Post

skully the skull
random pixels again

Flag Post

What Im working on lately!

Flag Post

Damn, I thought I was good at pixel art and then I see this thread.

What Im working on lately!

That’s awesome, I love the shading on the face. How did you do that?

Flag Post

newer version

Flag Post

Oh my, mind sending me those colors I have restored my art computer!

Amazing work on the shading, hopefully I can show you what I’ve been working on aswell! I will just put it in this space right

(Here)

The only thing that throws me off in your drawing is the ear, I do see that this is an early stage, reminds me of something I saw on pixel joint.

Flag Post

lets go cyberpunkishhhhh

Flag Post
Originally posted by lobstershow:

I’m sorry Mario, i ate your princess!

Haha, as amazing as some of these pixels are (great work, guys!) I think this post is what caught my attention the most. :’D

Flag Post

Awesome Ramos, I have not pixel’d in awhile but I may get back into it one day :3.

Flag Post

more pixels

Flag Post

Like ur artwork alex, rly nice.

Flag Post

thanks dude

follow @alexolsenpang for more!