[gallery] Oboe Passion's Sketchbook page 24

640 posts

Flag Post

Flag Post

Oboe, thats amazing. Do my eyes decive me? :P

Flag Post

awesome, but you went over the lines a little bit. XD

Flag Post

It’s technically a painting (even though I did it for drawing class with chalk pastels) so I’m allowed to go over the lines. Lol.
What I’d really like to know is what everyone thinks of the unconventional format? It’s a very narrow piece.

Flag Post

Yay! Your back… Go on msn so we can talk!

Flag Post

Oboe can you make me an avitar with and evil angel holding the earth while its on file and the flame being animated, please.

Flag Post

Sorry i meant “fire” not “file”.

Flag Post

i saw it on the front and i was all like ‘OMG OBOES BACK!!!’ turned our someone bumped it :(

Flag Post

That’s how I felt as well Nordor :’( I miss her D: And Bobuchan if you remember her D:

Flag Post

I’d like an avatar.
Badged: Yes.
Font: http://www.dafont.com/la-flama-y-la-espina.font
Animated: No.

Info:
Make a small red dragon. And write Drago on lower right. thankies !

Flag Post

No more avatar’s sorry.

Update with a really old piece of artwork (drawn a year ago) that I’m really pleased with. Won an award at a show. The blue stuff is supposed to be water (it was a school assignment with certain requirements….).
It’s a self portrait, and it was done on A2 paper in chinagraph pencil (no erasing :o)

Flag Post

Trying out digital art:

CC welcome.

Flag Post

Looks solid, is that from scratch? Great textures, and lovely soft colours.

Flag Post

It’s from scratch, using no filters. I did follow a tutorial though, fantastic if you’re getting used to drawing in photoshop.

Flag Post

The link didn’t work, but that’s pretty cool.
I might start digipainting/drawing again

Flag Post

http://www.androidblues.com/cloudtut.html
Fixed link.

Flag Post

Okay, so… new drawing here:

Also on my tablet (tryna break it in!), and you can watch me draw it (at 8x speed) here.

I didn’t use a reference for this piece, so that’s why the shape is a little funny… well, the more I look at it, the funnier it looks.

Flag Post

New oil paintings:

So, these paintings are done with the aid of a show which broadcasts here in Melbourne, Australia (and mine aren’t as good as the person taking the show). But from now on I’m recording them (4 every fortnight, showing you how to do 3 paintings) so if anyone else has oil paints sitting around that they want to learn to use, just send me a PM and I’ll see if I can upload them somewhere.

And me mucking around last night:

(Really interested if anyone has done body painting before/has a design they’d like see painted, as I’d like to experiment a bit with it)

Flag Post

More arts (CC welcome, although it’s more of a doodle than a piece):

I’m sewing at the moment, (hence the dress drawing) so I guess I’ll show you guys how my corset turns out. Got red white and black silk to work with… should be fun!
I also have a website in the works. (Agh web design, so horrible!) So, once the infrastructures all good I’ll pop it in here for advice on the design. I like a dark background. Most others do not. What do you prefer?

Flag Post

Elizabethan
I dived in headfirst without enough research, as usual, and made an “elizabethan” corset. That means it makes a ‘barrel’ shape and looks horrible with anything but a gown. 28 bones.

Victorian
This is what most people thing when you say ‘corset’ and turned out wonderfully… Still haven’t finished all the roses, but I’m really happy with the edging. 16 bones.

Flag Post

I know literally nothing about clothes-making (I had my Grandma help me pass a “mandatory” class of it in 7th grade, heh), but those are looking really solid so far. The only one that feels somewhat shaky is the detail of the left corset in the first picture, the one with the red border. The little vertical line detail thingies that probably have a proper name but I’m forgetting because I just woke up feel a little scattered. Beyond that, though, respect for being able to make that stuff. I would have no idea where to even begin. Haha. Looks great so far!

Flag Post

More sewing:
My formal (prom for you americans) is in 2 weeks so that’s why I’ve been putting all my free time into sewing and there’s no new art around. I also have exams. I also never update frequently anyway… Not that there’s many people still here, right? Anyway…
Skirt Pictures: (please excuse the messy… everything. It was 2am. I was tired.)

So, I’m sewing a whole dress but I’ve only finished the bottom half. Fail time management.
This dress/just the skirt will eventually be offered as a commission piece (in any fabric) so send me a PM if you like it.

Flag Post

Ombre tights I put a huge ladder in while trying on. Heh.

Flag Post

Bumpity bump. PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK:
-on the shape that the corset makes. A lot of time went into trying to get it right – that said, an obvious error is the large gap at the back…. Any criticisms on the shape it creates would be appreciated since I intend to make more.
-anything else you have to say is welcome too :)

Flag Post

First off, I still have no idea how you can do this stuff. Still amazes me, so props for being able to make your own dresses!

I really don’t mind the shape of the gap in the back, nor do I think it really looks that bad, to be honest with you. Perhaps if it maybe formed a slight V shape instead of being what appears to be a square might look a bit nicer, since it would echo the chest’s dip in the front. Otherwise, it looks fine to me, and I honestly wouldn’t think it was a mistake unless you had told me.

I’m not sure about the pattern. I really wish the green wasn’t as strong, since it’s a bit distracting to me. Something that was majority blue, with the gray/white/black spots, would be great. Maybe even a soft green. But it sort of demands attention, and makes me think of camoflauge. If that was the intent, then it’s working, but for a dress, I’m not sure. Depends on the atmosphere of where you’d be wearing it, perhaps — something like an informal dance or prom would be fine, but I don’t know that that pattern would sit well as a super big formal ball. Not saying it’s bad, of course! I love the chaos of it all. I just don’t know about the strength of that green.