Forums The Arts

Question about color

7 posts

Flag Post

What is the rgb for the ‘kongregate red’? I’m trying to match it for my new tab page link that takes me here.

Flag Post

I want to say R: 128, G: 0, B: 0

Does that look about right?

Flag Post

Doing a quick print-screen → Paste into Photoshop with no color correction enabled, I’m getting R: 153, G: 0, B: 0. (H: 0, S: 100%, B: 60%. Or #990000 if either of those help.)

Flag Post

deriaz is correct

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zshadow:

I want to say R: 128, G: 0, B: 0

Does that look about right?

Just for knowledge purpose, is that like a code for color?

Flag Post

I don’t know the best way to describe RGB, but how I have it in my head:

RGB is a combination of Red ( R ), Green (G), and Blue (B) light that adds together. It’s pretty much what makes up electronic device displays, and is the foundation of trichromancy (which is another topic entirely, but it’s one way of how the eyes perceive color). The minimum for a value is 0, a red/green/blue with no brightness, which is just black. The maximum is 255?, which is the strongest brightness of that specific color.

So Kongregate’s red is a just-over-half-strength brightness red (153/255), since there is no green (0/255) or blue (0/255) added to it. If you have any graphic program on your machine like Paint or Photoshop, you can play around with it in the Color Picker — just start plugging in values under R, G, or B, and see what happens. Or click and drag around a color, watch how the value changes.

Wikipedia’s article on the RGB color model might be more helpful than I could be. And apologies if I have any of this typed out wrong. Stating it off the top of my head, haven’t really looked at Wikipedia’s article too much.

Flag Post

Wow thanks for your help. It makes sense now.