Forums The Arts

Burnt's Top Tips For Drawing

5 posts

Flag Post

Drawing is like a way of life. For me it’s a hobby, for some people its their standing stones. I personally think that drawing is a good way to pass the time, and understand the world a whole lot more. Here are my top tips for drawing and other stuff.

1. If it’s detailed, keep it that way, if its simple, keep it that way.

One time I was on the internet browsing art and I saw a cartoon…. with so many wrinkles. It was kind of annoying and looked out-of-place, and I hated it. It would’ve been fine with just some, but no. (this is more like a rant, teehee.) Then I saw a realistic drawing in pencil. Hardly had any shading! No shadows, no nothing! I wouldn’t have even called it a realism drawing.

2. be happy with what you’re doing!

If drawing isn’t your thing, maybe painting, sculpting, pictures, and even painting a flipping wall makes you happy, then do it. It’s healthy. Don’t force yourself into doing something. ( that’s why I didn’t take art) I didn’t want to take assignment from another person. Kind of glad for my decision.

3. Start small.

Okay, now don’t think that you’re gonna be good from when you start. Most accomplished artists out there were terrible before they started. If you wanna start small, I suggest Dragoart. There’s a ton of stuff for you there, simple and advanced.

4. Right tools don’t mean right job!

You probably dont get what I mean. Here’s an example: Lets say you have a 3b pencil and a 2h. Not much value if you cant use them right. You gotta know how to use them right.

5. Practice, practice, PRACTICE!

If you want to stay good at art you gotta be practising atleast 4 times a week. If you stop, you’ll lose your skill by a bit. It’s kind of like parkour. If you dont do it for a year, then you’re probably gonna forget how to backflip or something. Practice is key.

More coming soon. Stay tuned. :)

Flag Post

Good tips, but I’d like to see some of your work ;)

Flag Post

^I’ve got some on my profile! :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by burntfires22:

They removed art though…. :O

Flag Post
Originally posted by Seawater09:
Originally posted by burntfires22:

They removed art though…. :O

Did they? OHHHH NOOOOOOOOOO,