Forums The Arts

How can I sell my pixel art online?

11 posts

Flag Post

I’ve been making flash games and I have about two hundred individual 16X16 pixel art creations I’ve made for my games. I want to make a bit of money off them and I was wondering where I could sell them. I want to sell them to multiple people (not exclusively to one client) if that’s possible. I’ve done a lot of research on Google without much success. Ideally, I’d like to put them up on a site with a lot of other artist’s pixel art where people will naturally visit to locate and purchase art for their games. I’ve also considered making my own site to sell my art (I have experience in web design), but I won’t get a lot of traffic that way. I’m new to selling things online, so any help or experience you have that you could share would be a big help.

By the way, I’m only 17. Would my age present any sort of problem or legal issue? I know I can’t create a PayPal account, but my dad said he would create one for himself that I could use.

Thanks for your help!

Flag Post

Oh and just to clarify, (trying really hard not to brag…) my pixel art is pretty good despite my age. I think Flash game developers would be interested in purchasing my art for their games, especially at a cheap price.

Flag Post

Yes you can sell your pixel art, but not individually like that unless it’s “artistic” (haha not really)

Well tell me more about your pixel art and I can lead you in the right direction.

Please let me see your work and I can tell you more about how and where you can sell it.

and most of the time flash game devs would want you too work for them and make what they tell you to make.

Flag Post
Originally posted by PixelatedBirdy:

Yes you can sell your pixel art, but not individually like that unless it’s “artistic” (haha not really)

Well tell me more about your pixel art and I can lead you in the right direction.

Please let me see your work and I can tell you more about how and where you can sell it.

and most of the time flash game devs would want you too work for them and make what they tell you to make.

I actually found a site called Fiverr and set up a gig: http://fiverr.com/b3nj1771/create-up-to-three-16×16-pixel-art-images

I haven’t had any luck with it so far, so I’m still looking for suggestions. There are some examples of my art on the gig’s page if you want to see some of my work. Thanks.

Flag Post

You could make a sprite comic, become liked by the masses and sell t-shirts or things for the comic.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

16x art means a total of 256 pixels, a dollar a piece means that each pixel is worth a little under half a cent, which quite frankly it is not, full sprite sheets could maybe be worth five dollars if you have full anims done, not a dollar per frame per 16x square

Flag Post

you may want to check www.redbubble.com if that is what you are looking for.

You can sell or buy anything to do with art. have a look :)

Flag Post

You could defiantly do game art. See the collars forum.

Flag Post

You could be the next Jimp.

Flag Post

Your pixel art’s great. Good luck.