Forums The Arts

Novel for Depressed people.

18 posts

Flag Post

I recently published my first book. It’s an contemporary fantasy novel in which the main character has superpowers that hinge on his depression.

I was hoping some people could give me some feedback. A sample of the book is available here: http://www.amazon.com/Memoir-Earth-saving-Pillars-Universe/dp/1484177169/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368597982&sr=8-1&keywords=memoir+of+earth

It was my hope that through this book I could encourage those who struggle with depression and give them a character that they can honestly relate to. There is a Facebook page, message me if you would like a link.

Flag Post

Sounds boring, and im to depressed to read it. Anyway, good luck :D

Flag Post

Thanks! I appreciate that. I also appreciate your honesty. =P Cheers Brother.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darklite22:

Anyway, i checked it out and it sounds really cool. I would buy it, but i dont have paypal or another paying service.

Flag Post
Originally posted by xProStar:
Originally posted by Darklite22:

Anyway, i checked it out and it sounds really cool. I would buy it, but i dont have paypal or another paying service.

No worries, just the fact you took the time to check it out means a lot in itself. Every bit of encouragement helps, believe me. xD

Flag Post

Oh, and the E-book version if completely free for the whole weekend!

Flag Post

The cover looks neat, I might actually read it in the future, the synopsis looks interesting.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DemonOfMist:

The cover looks neat, I might actually read it in the future, the synopsis looks interesting.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DragonArcherZ:

I don’t get why you are quoting me lol. You did not add anything new, just repeated what I said by using the quote function.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DragonArcherZ:

I don’t get why you are quoting me lol. You did not add anything new, just repeated what I said by using the quote function.

Would it help if I say QFT?

Flag Post

whats QFT?

Flag Post

whats QFT?

Quote for truth.

Flag Post

I still don’t get it.

Flag Post

First off, good job with the synopsis. It sounds like a very exciting book :) Second, it looks like you’ve already received some awesome feedback and reviews on Amazon, I really think those should be your core, seeing as they’ve actually read the entire thing. But like I said, thumbs up for a very promising book from a YOUNG author! ;)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Desmer69:

First off, good job with the synopsis. It sounds like a very exciting book :) Second, it looks like you’ve already received some awesome feedback and reviews on Amazon, I really think those should be your core, seeing as they’ve actually read the entire thing. But like I said, thumbs up for a very promising book from a YOUNG author! ;)

I couldn’t have put it any better.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Desmer69:

I couldn’t have put it any better.

._. You just quoted it without saying anything (along the lines of I agree), yet when I quote something you’re just confused, even when I say Quote For Truth (Basically, “this is so true/I agree”).

Flag Post

What? I don’t fully understand. I agree with what Desmer said. The synopsis is just good.

Flag Post

Just.. Ignore him. I saw his post on another topic. I don’t really think he’s paying much attention.

Anyway. Darklite22 THAT LOOKS AMAZING. I would so read it. It is a really new (and pretty fantastic-looking) idea. Great job. Just from the synopsis I could tell that you are a really good writer, especially for starting at just 17. Keep on going. I see very good things in your future :P.

EDIT: Whoa, weird. DemonOfMist posted again while I was writing this! :P