Forums The Arts

Need artist

8 posts

Flag Post

Hi, I developed a new game named Shift & Roll and Im looking for some artist to work on it. I did the graphics by my self but you know,,,programmers are not designers :)
here is the game http://www.kongregate.com/games/jrs1968/shift-roll

Flag Post

The graphics in that are fine, what improvements were you really looking for? Remembering that keeping it simple is a good idea.
p.s. Nice game, good concept, as someone already stated a tutorial would help :)

Flag Post

I also created the graphics but as a programmer it was quite hard. I think a designer could do better and faster. Thanks for your comments about the game. Im working to improve the tutorial.

Flag Post

Yes, but what look would you want for “better” ? Do you want the graphics to be more detailed, do you feel that the colors are off? Is there a different game that you like the style of?
I know it’s hard to create graphics as a programmer, but you’ve already made them now :) . They seem pretty clean and they get the job done, I’m just not sure what you think an artist could do “better”.
(also, I believe you drew your graphics in native flash, so if you got an artist to make some which you’d then have to import you risk slowing down your game — depends what style you want though, some artists will work in flash)
I’m not trying to be critical, jut understand what you need. The opportunity to work on a finished game doesn’t pop up often, and I at least would accept if I think it can be improved.

Flag Post

I understand your concerns and I appreciate it. I think an artist could do a more polished work in some new projects or even draw characters. As I told I spent a lot of time and energy doing a work that is not my area.

Flag Post

you still need an artist?

Flag Post

if Yes you can contact me at spitoonbar@live.it

Flag Post

I’ll work on it for you. Here’s my portfolio:

andrewtheartguy.webs.com

I specialize in GUI but I already have some good ideas for your game and would be happy to work on it.