Forums The Arts

Teaser picture for upcoming text game

10 posts

Flag Post

I was addicted to Text games, and then I got an idea. The idea was token from an old amnesia custom story I had in mind, but then it was edited.

After an internet crash, Godzillasrabbid (our hero, and author of game) found a cave. Feeling brave, he went in, not knowing the horrors of the abandoned mineshaft’s depths below.

Flag Post

Could you elaborate what are Text games please? Are they like minecraft because that’s what I first pictured when I looked at your art.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DemonOfMist:

Could you elaborate what are Text games please? Are they like minecraft because that’s what I first pictured when I looked at your art.

That’s not a text game.

Interactive Fiction, it’s an old game style dating back to the 1970’s. The Lurking Horror, Lost Pig And Place Under Ground, A Day For Fresh Sushi, made the genre very popular.

However, I made it, but I am having problems with it. .blob files won’t work into kongregate.

The game actually was inspired by this game I saw in Steam Store. It was a horror game, and you could pluck off planks with a Pickaxe. Forgot it’s name, though…

Edit: Yes! Got the game. It’s Penumbra Overture

Flag Post

O yeah I noticed you made a post in the technical support forum about your issue. Hope you find a solution, I am curious about this so called Text games. Good luck :)

Flag Post

When you say text game, do you mean a game like You Find Yourself in a Room?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Schmezbag:

When you say text game, do you mean a game like You Find Yourself in a Room?

Yes, but more old-fashioned.

Ontopic:

The project has been abonded as when I posted my problem into Technical Support, all I got where the same answers, jerks who critisiczed my game, and other.

And wtf why was my picture taken off

Flag Post
Originally posted by Godzillasrabbid:

The project has been abonded as when I posted my problem into Technical Support, all I got where the same highly informative answers, jerks who critisiczed my persistence in ignoring the explanations and advice given to me while I insisted I had a complete game, and other words… words are hard. Then I started pestering people in profile shouts because my thread got locked.

Fixed that for you.

And wtf why was my picture taken off

Why don’t you ask the image host you used? Their Terms of Service state the circumstances in which they’ll delete images.

Flag Post

Looks like someone needs to learn how to use the internet.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mad_Machine:

My dad was born a cubicle worker

I know how to use it

Flag Post
Originally posted by johnsmith321:
Originally posted by Mad_Machine:

My dad was born a cubicle worker

I know how to use it

no u dont

Apparently, YOU don’t know how to use it because you can’t spell a simple 3 letterd word.

Originally posted by LELOBS_TERARMY:

SEND IN THE LOBSTERS!

Thank you, I prefer you over than Johnsmith.