Forums The Arts

Post Whatever You Are Working On!

137 posts

Flag Post

I assume that everyone here must be working on something at the moment, so why not share? You may get feedback, maybe you won’t but I will try to at least point out something helpful in whatever is posted here. It doesn’t matter if you draw, do pixel or vector, or are making a game, just post whatever you are working on.

I am going to start with some screenshots of a game I am working on. I am almost done with it and plan to have in finished over the next two weeks.

These are all parallax backgrounds.

This shows the mushroom area, the little mushrooms have since been darkened and more saturated so that they are easier to differentiate from the background. Clouds disappear when touched.

This is the skill tree tab of the menu.

One of the newest areas, I still have to find some more interesting mechanics for some of the areas.

The final area, it takes place in the shadow world and for reasons, the characters colors are inverted.

Map can be toggled to transparent, full, or off. One of my concerns right now is the hud, that has been one of my weak points, and I feel that it needs to be changed. Hopefully I will have time and will be able to come up with something good.

That is all from me for now, I may post later today depending on what I get done. I encourage everyone else to go ahead and post whatever they are working on!

Flag Post

looks good, cant wait to play the finished thing!
as for the health bars it might be better to have then just as a rectangle inside a black boarder, and have them in the top left corner.

currently im working on somemusic with a friend, its been made on a gameboy, and then recorded onto a computer, i am writing lyrics for it and my friend is writing bass (he will be playing bass live)
We’re hoping to do a show in october but the details are a bit sketchy so i doubt it… but maybe in the futute

Flag Post
Originally posted by 1337al:

looks good, cant wait to play the finished thing!
as for the health bars it might be better to have then just as a rectangle inside a black boarder, and have them in the top left corner.

currently im working on somemusic with a friend, its been made on a gameboy, and then recorded onto a computer, i am writing lyrics for it and my friend is writing bass (he will be playing bass live)
We’re hoping to do a show in october but the details are a bit sketchy so i doubt it… but maybe in the futute

That’s interesting, I did not quite know about making music with a gameboy, though now I have read up on it! What style of music is it, are you making pop or techno style music but with an 8-bit twist? Either way, good luck getting that show!

I am thinking about the placement of the health bars, but if I moved the health bars to the top left, then I would have to move the map somewhere else, but I couldn’t move it to the top right because that is where boss health is displayed and I do not know if it would be best to put it on bottom. But I may just end up redoing the whole hud in the next week, so I will figure out what I should do eventually!

Yesterday I made a new boss for the mushroom area, and fixed the boss on the left, so that he now presents a challenge!

Some new enemies were made too. They are all functioning though I need to smoothen out the wasp’s movement. I also need to adjust the snails Ai possibly, right now they never land a hit on me, so I have to make them harder somehow. I might just need to reduce the time that they are phased and cannot attack after being hit.

Today is slotted for working on music and sound effects, I am not too experienced with music though, but I have been playing with it for a little. Hopefully I will be able to make something good.

Flag Post

I am starting to add more eye candy to the game, all of which is destructible for an xp reward. Next I will be redoing the hud. All of the information will be in one compact piece in the top left corner. The map will be in the top right corner and boss health will appear as a large bar in the bottom center of the screen. I also added in new equipment that is basically a turret that follows you, the first level of this equipment is a balloon that follows you around on a string and fires at a random enemy every few seconds. I worked on trying to optimize the performance and found that the hud causes a bit of lag.

Flag Post

Well I’m currently in two art classes in school (our school is extremely competitive with art classes and seniors always get top choice so I was unfortunate to have zero art classes until this year) and I’m in drawing and design 1 and art metals and glass 1. Here are a few things I’m currently working on!

We have to do a series of four hand drawings and this one is my “free choice” one so I decided to do a bunneh in this one (who’s honestly surprised about that one). It was my first time trying cross hatching (I think that’s what it’s called). I’m not done yet but I took a picture of it today to see what I should adjust.

Here’s another one of the four hand drawings I have. Eek yeah the arm I have to fix but yeah.

Fun stuff I made in art metals! I learned how to saw metal, file, sand, and shine!

I made a bunneh/carrot ring! It was really fun making this one. I’m going to have to reshine it (and the lighting doesn’t help at all) but yup! The carrot top was the hardest part to saw.

Flag Post

That’s awesome! I was not offered any classes like that, my school just pushed me to do chemistry and keep taking harder maths! The only complaint I have right now is what you mentioned with the arms, but I am sure you will get much better by the end of the semester.The ring is pretty cool, what else are you supposed to be making in that class?

I have been working on the new hud. I am not to good with colors and was not going to make it red but I decided to go with it and see how it turned out. Right now I think it looks alright and after a bit more polishing today, I will probably put it in the game (unless anyone has a reason that I should change the design). If there is anything that could be improved, I would greatly appreciate it! (It will go at the top of the screen)

EDIT: I realized it might be easier to critique if you could see it on the actual game screen, so I copied it onto a screenshot.

Flag Post

Ah yeah this is the first time I’ve been able to take art classes in my school. My school is heavily focused on math/science so we have a high amount of students in AP Calc/Physics/etc. However my school also has the highest amount of funding given compared to all the other schools in the district so we have a huge art department also. Our art classes are very competitive to get into however so as a senior I was finally given priority over other students and was able to get into these classes.

In my art metals class we’ll be working on things with metal (obviously) and glass so we’ll be working on glass projects like pendents, beads, etc. We’re starting mosaics on Monday. I did make another ring in my art class which you can see here (with the other ring I re-shined):

I fixed up some of my other drawings but I forgot to take pictures of them. One of the finished drawings got displayed in the hallways across from the art gallery in my school so I’ll take a picture of it sometime and upload it here. I’m hoping to get better at drawing by the end of the semester also!

Flag Post

After you do the mosaic, it would definitely be nice to post it here! Having all these art classes should be fun and it will provide a lot of material for posting here! I look forward to seeing it all. Also, I am guessing that you will probably be taking more art classes next semester?

I finished the final version of the hud and have it implemented. I do not have much to show as I have mainly been working on building the actual game recently. I hope to finish by the end of this week.

New HUD.

Flag Post

I’m currently trying to group a bunch of people to make a short action clip, still struggling though. I’ve done some editing, such as gun sounds and slow-motion effects:

Gun sound:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvfjZbNNjKw&feature=c4-overview&list=UU3MGL0ZokuSh19XiH7Diy-A

Slow-Motion:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or029e2djuE&list=UU3MGL0ZokuSh19XiH7Diy-A

I know, my youtube name is so f**king stupid. I get it. Lol.

Flag Post

To all of you guys, great job! I might get some banners posted because my clan wants some graphics because recently Galeforce has left.

Come drop in some time: teamzenith.enjin.com

And our chat: teamzenith.enjin.com/irc

Galeforce was our previous “main” artist and he did some wicked stuff, like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgpaTFdeI5M

So now he’s gone we have to do some graphics. I’ll post some when I make them later ;).

Flag Post

Yes, I will be taking more art classes next semester! I have Photography 1 and Drawing and Design 2 next semester; I am potentially going to take an independent study for Art Metals again next semester.

In drawing and design right now we turned in our final series of hand drawings so we will be starting something new next week. We also worked on artist signatures so I’ll begin using my artist signature in future artworks, I actually really like my artist signature since I can add the year and title of the artwork with it (for 2D media).

In art metals here is what I am currently working on:

I know it’s silly but I figured for my first mosaic I might as well go with something simple. If I have time before the next set of projects I’ll make a mosaic of a realistic bunneh in Wonderland.

Flag Post

Nice arts! I enjoyed all of them. Nice bunny.

Flag Post

@DragonArcherZ I look forward to seeing them!

@burntfires22 I would have no experience with that, so I wouldn’t be able to help, but good luck!

@MmeBunneh Sounds good! Although, photography is one of the art forms that I have never understood, but that may be because the most experience I have had with it was a week in English 3 where we learned about taking pictures, for a project. The mosaic looks nice so far (I just realized it is on wood, so is each piece being attached to the wood and eventually the whole board will be a mosaic?), but the bunny in wonderland sounds interesting, hopefully you will have time for it!

I have not really accomplished much graphically for the game so I have nothing to show. But I finished all of the weapons and equipment over the past few days and now I just have to make all of the equipment-related graphics. After that I need to work on level design of the last two areas, implement work secrets, easter eggs, and eye candy. Along with a better story and tutorial. Then I will be about done.

Flag Post

Ah yes, thank you! I really do hope I’ll have time to work on the wonderland one. I might ask her if I can work on it at home also, the second one that I’ll be doing. However to update on the one I’m currently working on, here you go!

I have the dress completely done now and I’m focusing on the bunneh now. I haven’t been able to work on it all too much because of meetings with teachers during the hour I have this art class and being absent due to illness. However I’m hoping to finish it up next week and start on the new project!

Besides art I’m also starting to work on an acapella cover of a song. However I just got sick again so I haven’t been able to actually record the videos yet. Hopefully I’ll stop getting sick soon and get on that fast! I wanted to test out video editing stuff and haven’t been able to do that for a while so I figured a small cover would be a fun way to do that.

Flag Post

Thanks Kantiendo! It’s a bit hard but I just need some movation, ideas and…
Friends (Oh shiet)

Flag Post

Hmm…just started sketching again…s’got a long way to go…

Flag Post

@MmeBunneh, It looks nice so far! I suppose that it may be finished by now, since that was almost a week ago. If so seeing the final version would be great! (Of course I don’t know how long mosaics actually take, so you may be nowhere near done). I would love to hear more about your acapella, me and a few friends have been interested in acapella, although we have never took the time to try actually organize something.

@burntfires If you are still in need of motivation I have just the thing for you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSS5dEeMX64

@Tilted I rather like the style! Was the pixel version an original version and now you are sketching out an actual model, or maybe the other way around? Either way it looks nice. Is it for a game or just for fun?

I am now on the final stretch for my game. I expect to be finished by Sunday, assuming of course that I put forth the effort required. I have added new eye candy for the areas as well as other graphics for alerts and equipment. At this point I am focusing on getting things done then getting things done good. I could have spent more time making better looking decorations but I am running out of time.

Here is shot that shows some new objects in the village. The house still needs to be redone.

Here is the equipment screen with the new equipment art.

And the new decoration for the the camper quest.

Flag Post

TiltedHaloPs44: I love your drawing style! I’m looking forward to seeing how you finish your illustration, it’s simply adorable!

Kantieno: Well I guess mosaics are taking longer than I was expecting. I have to keep seeing other teachers during that hour so I’m having a bit of trouble finishing mine. I guess you can’t just finish a mosaic that fast! And I’ll be uploading Soundcloud files in the next few days related to my acapella.

What I’m planning to do with the acapella is to record myself for each individual part and piece them all together into one video. So I’ll be using iMovie and just literally copy and pasting each recording onto a part of the screen. It’ll be interesting since I haven’t done this before! I’ve done acapella with friends in the past (which I highly recommend seeing you’re interested in it also!) so I wanted to try to do one by myself since I’ve seen it on Youtube.

Anyways I absolutely love your game! I’m looking forward to playing it. I think the game is just simply adorable. The only thing I would change is the UI because I can’t differentiate a lot of the parts from the background (eg, the exp/health bars).

Otherwise beyond that I haven’t done too much in my art classes. We’re just working on our portfolios in my drawing class and I’m still working on my mosaic in my art metals class. This is what I’ve just been doing. I guess I won’t have anything exciting until next week!

Note The signature on my portfolio is not my artist signature. It’s just how the teacher wanted us to do it. She said not to use my actual artistic signature on the portfolio and to be more “creative” so I did this instead. You guys will see my artist signature sometime in the future!

Flag Post

i love your style mnebunneh :)

im currently selecting which songs (from a pretty big pile of them) are suitable for lyrics,and writing lyrics to songs.
I will also soon be doing some of the artwork, so i can show youall that :D

Flag Post

@MmeBunneh Thanks, I’ll see what I can do to improve the UI. The mosaic is coming along nice so far. When putting it together do you just have to sort through the pieces to find a shape that works for what you need, or are yall able to cut yalls own stone as needed? Also, I like the signature on that drawing, the bunnies are a nice touch!

I’m looking forward to the acapella! I’ve seen a few like you described and they are pretty cool, so hopefully yours will not disappoint! Do you play any instruments also or otherwise mix music? Or are you mainly just interested in vocals?

@1337al I look forward to it!

And just because I decided I might as well post something related too what I am working on, here is a scene from the “Perilous Peaks” area. As I had said, at this point, trying to keep within my deadline , I am making whatever comes to mind and running with it, which can explain the strange looking creatures and eye candy. I am not sure what the creatures are supposed to be, or what those arches are, but its something and probably wont be changed!

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

The pixel version is for ref. I don’t own that, sadly. I’m drawing it for an art contest on another forum, just for fun. I thought her chara was cute, haha. I’ll definitely keep you guys updated as I work on it between actual work shifts. w;;

Thanks for the kind comments. :3

BTW, Bunneh, your stuff is adorable. <3

Flag Post
Originally posted by kantieno:

@MmeBunneh Thanks, I’ll see what I can do to improve the UI. The mosaic is coming along nice so far. When putting it together do you just have to sort through the pieces to find a shape that works for what you need, or are yall able to cut yalls own stone as needed? Also, I like the signature on that drawing, the bunnies are a nice touch!

I’m looking forward to the acapella! I’ve seen a few like you described and they are pretty cool, so hopefully yours will not disappoint! Do you play any instruments also or otherwise mix music? Or are you mainly just interested in vocals?

I really like the scene from your “Perilous Peaks” area! I love the different colour schemes that you used in that area! I’m really liking your scenery and the cute adorable characters/monsters that you have around. Is that area under water then? Either way I’m really excited to playing your game someday!

For the mosaic when I first started making it we learned to use a hammer to just smash up larger pieces of tiles to get pieces. We then learned to cut out our own tiles and how to use the glass cutter (I think that’s what it’s called) to smooth out edges and to shape the pieces to our own needs.

You can tell that the left arm was done prior to learning how to cut out my own pieces. I’ll have to post an update photo sometime this week because the new pieces I’ve been adding to my mosaic were done after learning how to cut out my own pieces and shaping them.

Thank you for your anticipation on the acapella! I play several other instruments so I’m hoping to work on pieces where I can incorporate those other instruments into a song which is why I’m experimenting to see how well this goes with the acapella! I figured the easiest way to figure out how things work would be with an acapella because you can easily record vocals and redo parts faster than you would with say, another instrument with more complex parts.

Originally posted by 1337al:

i love your style mnebunneh :)

im currently selecting which songs (from a pretty big pile of them) are suitable for lyrics,and writing lyrics to songs.
I will also soon be doing some of the artwork, so i can show youall that :D

Gosh thank you! I look forward to seeing your music and artwork also!

Originally posted by TiltedHaloPs44:

The pixel version is for ref. I don’t own that, sadly. I’m drawing it for an art contest on another forum, just for fun. I thought her chara was cute, haha. I’ll definitely keep you guys updated as I work on it between actual work shifts. w;;

Thanks for the kind comments. :3

BTW, Bunneh, your stuff is adorable. <3

Even if you don’t own the actual character I think it’s amazing that you’re basing it off of that tiny pixel version into the drawing you’re working on now! I really look forward to seeing how you finish it. And eek, thanks for your comment!

So with all that being said, I thought I’d just share what I’ve been working on and random stuff. I forgot to take a picture of my mosaic of how far I got last week but I took pictures of my art portfolio that I’m still working on. Here are a few pictures!

We are not allowed to use colour at all with the portfolios. We are only allowed to use sharpie which is why I chose to do this type of style on my portfolio. It was kind of weird trying to add shading to the drawings but it’s required to do so.

Besides that I just felt like sharing previous things that I worked on/haven’t finished. I need to get a new charger for my drawing tablet (intuos5 for anyone wondering) to finish all of these so until then I guess I’ll try to do the bases with a mouse or something.

Flag Post

@mnebunneh, when drawing i always personnaly go for black & white over colour, and i think your black and white mushrooms look great. Inspired by alice in wonderland?, if you havent seen it i reccomend watching ‘jan svankenmejer’s version of alice in wonderland,its made using a lot of stop-time animations, and is brilliantly-surreal.

@kantieno i keep meaning to mention that i lovethe backgrounds and overall ‘style’ that you are using for your game, any idea when it will be complete, if you are looking for testers, im more then willing haha

@titledhalo that picture is fantastic, cant wait to see the completed thing!,

im still working on developing music and lyrics for a live set, but imm planning to release a 5/6 track EP in the not-so distant future, so im currently knocking up a load of logo designs and ideas for album art, other artwork etc. my band has an older logo, which i love but i dont think it ‘fits in’ with the new sound of my band

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator