Forums The Arts

My sprites! (2d pixel-art)

17 posts

Flag Post

Here are the first ones, a few weapons. :)

Flag Post

Nice work, I especially like the look of the second blade.

Flag Post

I really like the second and third blades! They’re adorable. Are you working on a game or something then?

Flag Post

it’s nice too see some 2-D sprites that are cool. reminds me of older times. i like all of them, but i’m not entirely sure about the colors, specifically the first and the third one, but that’s just an opinion.

Flag Post

Those are actually some pretty awesome sprites. Nice job.

Flag Post

Thanks. I’m not really working on a game, but I might be in the future when I got more free time. Good to have these sprites handy then.
Here are some more:

Flag Post

Some tools.

Flag Post

Animated eye monster.

Flag Post

Is that terraria? ?? ?
And good work cabba, always loved your items :)

Flag Post

Oh gosh, your sprites are so cute! I especially love your ostrich and the small creature to the right of it. Are you working on this with a specific theme in mind? This is great! I hope someday that you’ll have time to make a game since I absolutely love your work. Thanks for sharing with us!

Flag Post
Originally posted by alexolsenpang:

Is that terraria? ?? ?
And good work cabba, always loved your items :)

Thanks man! I hope that old pixel-art group thread will be revived!

And yes they are my reskins for the terraria iron tools, and the demon eye monster. :)

Originally posted by MmeBunneh:

Oh gosh, your sprites are so cute! I especially love your ostrich and the small creature to the right of it. Are you working on this with a specific theme in mind? This is great! I hope someday that you’ll have time to make a game since I absolutely love your work. Thanks for sharing with us!

Thank you! I hope to be making a game in the future, in the meantime I’m creating a lot of sprites, to have at my disposal later when I start making a game. :) I’ve already thought a lot about what I want to create.

Flag Post

Edits of most sprites, darker outlines. And some new ones as well. :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by cabbawargod:

Thank you! I hope to be making a game in the future, in the meantime I’m creating a lot of sprites, to have at my disposal later when I start making a game. :) I’ve already thought a lot about what I want to create.

That’s wonderful to hear! I definitely look forward to seeing your game on Kongregate (or somewhere else) someday. Please keep us updated if you can once you begin!

In other news, I like the edits on your sprites. The darker outlines definitely give them more character and edge. I love the first sword/prongs/not sure what they are/dual blades, the blue blade you have, the sword with the purple hilt, and of course the ostrich.

Are your sprites inspired by any games/artists in particular? Or are they of your own creation completely? I’m just a bit curious that’s all!

Flag Post
Originally posted by MmeBunneh:
Originally posted by cabbawargod:

That’s wonderful to hear! I definitely look forward to seeing your game on Kongregate (or somewhere else) someday. Please keep us updated if you can once you begin!

In other news, I like the edits on your sprites. The darker outlines definitely give them more character and edge. I love the first sword/prongs/not sure what they are/dual blades, the blue blade you have, the sword with the purple hilt, and of course the ostrich.

Are your sprites inspired by any games/artists in particular? Or are they of your own creation completely? I’m just a bit curious that’s all!

Thanks for the kind words man!

When I first started spriting my major inspiration was the game Tibia, a 2d mmorpg.

Here are some sprites I made recently in that fashion:

The sprites previously posted in this thread are inspired a lot by Terraria style graphics, as in not very complex when it comes to shading, so it’s a lot easier to animate them.

When it comes to artists there have been a lot of people who have helped me through the years, as in giving me feedback and criticism. :)
But I don’t think there’s a specific artist that has been a huge inspiration for me. I’ve definitely admired a lot of 2D artists and have probably taken up a thing or two from watching other peoples sprites. :)

Flag Post

Been working on this axe for a while now, finally think I’ve made it look nice. :P

Flag Post

These are really nice :D they make me want to start coding aplatformer rpg lolol. Ah the motivation

Flag Post

Definetly high class work! 5/5 for pixel art. I like the smaller ratio sprites better, also not to be a bummer, but your creatures maybe need more detail polishing, maybe even 3/5 for creatures.