Forums The Arts

This looks and sounds amazing- had to share it!

12 posts

Flag Post

If you like dubstep/drum n bass/house/chilled music you really need to watch this! It’s only a 50 second video, but it made me REALLY excited and I think a lot of people here will appreciate this too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr79U72glEA

Flag Post

This is not the right forum if you are looking to discuss about music. This sub-forum is intended for artists and musicians, not for the discussion of Youtube videos. Unless you are the musician that made that video, your best place to link that video is in the Youtube/Video Links Masterthread.

I also recommend checking out this post that is a sticky in the sub-forum for future decisions.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MmeBunneh:

This is not the right forum if you are looking to discuss about music. This sub-forum is intended for artists and musicians, not for the discussion of Youtube videos. Unless you are the musician that made that video, your best place to link that video is in the Youtube/Video Links Masterthread.

I also recommend checking out this post that is a sticky in the sub-forum for future decisions.

Are you like trying to become a mod or something?

Flag Post

This just made my day.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by clumpy:

Even though I am the President of two clubs at school, the Co-President of another club, in the leadership team of another club; Even though I am in a theatre group once a week (but soon to be twice a week and by the end of May every single day for over two weeks); Even though I am running for one of the Artistic Director positions in the theatre group and having an interview this week for it; Even though I am in the Youth Leadership Board of a non-profit that organizes all the GSA’s in my state; Even though I’m making two panels for a conference being held in two weeks by the non-profit; Even though I have weekly Saturday morning rehearsals for orchestra; Even though I have work and school, I am most definitely “trying to become a mod or something”.

With that being said I don’t understand why you keep following my posts and keep posting the same thing each time I do a similar post as the one you quoted. Is it wrong to try to help users? Is it seriously insane that people out there want to direct people into the right direction?

Maybe it’s the side of me that worked in retail for a year and a half that I do this but I like helping people.

Anyhow going back to the actual OP I personally do not consider that video “dubstep” nor the other genres you listed. That was more electronic than anything else.

Flag Post

@mmebunneh Apologies if this is not the exact perfect place to post this- does it help if I say I’m an artist on the compilation? Before Kong got rid of its music section I had a track in the top 10 for a very long time :) A lot of other threads here seem to be discussing music so I’m pretty confident I’m in the right place.

That’s an impressive amount of activites you do, well done you for being so involved!

Although there is not a dubstep track played in the video itself, the compilation contains a lot of dubstep tracks, along with all the other genres I listed so it is definitely relevant if you are interested in dubstep/the other genres listed ;)

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to listen and comment, much appreciated :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by clumpy:

Even though I am the President of two clubs at school, the Co-President of another club, in the leadership team of another club; Even though I am in a theatre group once a week (but soon to be twice a week and by the end of May every single day for over two weeks); Even though I am running for one of the Artistic Director positions in the theatre group and having an interview this week for it; Even though I am in the Youth Leadership Board of a non-profit that organizes all the GSA’s in my state; Even though I’m making two panels for a conference being held in two weeks by the non-profit; Even though I have weekly Saturday morning rehearsals for orchestra; Even though I have work and school, I am most definitely “trying to become a mod or something”.

With that being said I don’t understand why you keep following my posts and keep posting the same thing each time I do a similar post as the one you quoted. Is it wrong to try to help users? Is it seriously insane that people out there want to direct people into the right direction?

Maybe it’s the side of me that worked in retail for a year and a half that I do this but I like helping people.

Anyhow going back to the actual OP I personally do not consider that video “dubstep” nor the other genres you listed. That was more electronic than anything else.

Nah I’m just bored :)

Also, I never checked the other thread where I said like the same thing, so I was like, “why not?” and here we are

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ocyris:

@mmebunneh Apologies if this is not the exact perfect place to post this- does it help if I say I’m an artist on the compilation? Before Kong got rid of its music section I had a track in the top 10 for a very long time :) A lot of other threads here seem to be discussing music so I’m pretty confident I’m in the right place.

That’s an impressive amount of activites you do, well done you for being so involved!

Although there is not a dubstep track played in the video itself, the compilation contains a lot of dubstep tracks, along with all the other genres I listed so it is definitely relevant if you are interested in dubstep/the other genres listed ;)

Oh gosh that’s awesome! I would love to hear a few of your own tracks (if you don’t mind to link them). I love listening to music from Kongregate users; There are so many great musical artists in Kongregate!

Thank you, I try to get involved as much as I can. Actually, truth be told, it’s not that I like to get involved as much as I can, it’s just that I’m interested in so many things that I end up getting heavily involved in them. I heard that’s a bad combination of traits in college but I’m interested in a wide variety of areas and subjects.

I’ll definitely listen to the other tracks then if they do have dubstep. I started listening to dubstep–oh I feel old–a good 4-5 years ago due to a lot of my friends in a game listening to it. I’ll update my post sometime with what I think of the tracks!

And no problem, as said, I’ll listen to anything that someone links if it’s their own music. As long as it wasn’t like, “LISTEN TO THIS AWESOME SONG,” and it ends up being a Taylor Swift song I think we’re okay.

Flag Post

Oh gosh that’s awesome! I would love to hear a few of your own tracks (if you don’t mind to link them). I love listening to music from Kongregate users; There are so many great musical artists in Kongregate!

Thank you, I try to get involved as much as I can. Actually, truth be told, it’s not that I like to get involved as much as I can, it’s just that I’m interested in so many things that I end up getting heavily involved in them. I heard that’s a bad combination of traits in college but I’m interested in a wide variety of areas and subjects.

I’ll definitely listen to the other tracks then if they do have dubstep. I started listening to dubstep–oh I feel old–a good 4-5 years ago due to a lot of my friends in a game listening to it. I’ll update my post sometime with what I think of the tracks!

And no problem, as said, I’ll listen to anything that someone links if it’s their own music. As long as it wasn’t like, “LISTEN TO THIS AWESOME SONG,” and it ends up being a Taylor Swift song I think we’re okay.

Thanks! Yeah it was a real shame they got rid of it, although the troll voting was a massive problem.

I can definitely relate to that – I have a very eclectic personality too- it’s definitely not a bad thing ;)

Here’s one of mine that did well on Kong if you’re interested- it’s not the one that was top 10 but it’s better IMO- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIFtLoEbgTw :)

Flag Post

Thanks! Yeah it was a real shame they got rid of it, although the troll voting was a massive problem.

I can definitely relate to that – I have a very eclectic personality too- it’s definitely not a bad thing ;)

Here’s one of mine that did well on Kong if you’re interested- it’s not the one that was top 10 but it’s better IMO- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIFtLoEbgTw :)

I was surprised–taken by shock more likely–to hear your song. I definitely think that this was extremely well done! Can I ask how you made the song? Did you use any programs and if so, what was your creative process for making this? Did you play any of the instruments/vocals? I would definitely rate this as one of the best songs I’ve heard from the Kongregate community so far (from what I have heard).

Is that channel (RawFrequency) yours or is it a multi-user account? If it is a multi-user account I would suggest to have your name in the credits in the description so it would be easy to identify as your own work. I subscribed to it after hearing this song. I would love to hear even more of your music someday!

Flag Post

Thanks so much! I really appreciate that I produce using Reason 5 and various VST plug-ins to achieve realistic sounding digital instruments- I don’t actually play any instruments “live”- it is all done digitally which gives me a lot more freedom as a producer.

The Raw Frequency channel is entirely my own- I am just a very eclectic producer/person so there is quite a diverse array of content on there :) The best place to find all my music is my soundcloud here: soundcloud.com/edbrew

Thanks a lot for supporting me!