Forums The Arts

The NaNoWriMo 2013 Support Group.

12 posts

Flag Post

I’m considering doing it (maybe a bit of peer pressure :O) but not really sure if I can finish. D: Who else wants to do it?

Flag Post

Me me me. Oh wait, was I the first bit of peer pressure?

Flag Post

I’m definitely going to be doing this also! I’m just figuring out the characters at the moment but a friend and I are buddying up for National Novel Writing Month currently! We are both going to be using PaceMaker to keep track of how we are doing. I’m personally very excited to do this as it is my first time so I’m glad that there are other Kongregate users doing this.

Hope to read some amazing work soon (at the end of the month). Good luck to everyone else!

Flag Post

So I haven’t actually written anything yet, or even have my idea picked out. Oops.

Flag Post

I’m ready! Planning is for smart people (except Stephen King. I’ve read his guide to writing.)

Flag Post

I’m sooper falling behind! I’m 5 THOUSAND WORDS behind where I should be at. And I’m procrastinating by typing this out, on a Kongregate forum, when I shoud be writing!

Flag Post

5 words/day here :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by Woon1957:

5 words/day here :D

Your stats page told me you’re at 26 words per day. You need an average of 1667 words per day to pass, though.

Flag Post

I’d quite like to be a part of NaNoWriMo at some point. Unfortunately, this will not be the year that I become that part.

Flag Post

I’m rather behind right now. I’m extremely busy for the rest of this week as I am presenting two workshops, hosting two caucuses, and performing an act at a conference this Saturday. I’m planning on just writing non-stop Sunday and keep writing until I get back onto the correct words per day.

I already have my story plot and ending planned out so I’ll just have to write nonstop with that in mind.

Flag Post

I’m not sure if I’m actually going to be able to write, this year. I have several projects going at once and I may have bitten off more than I can chew, in that regard. Plus, while I have an abundance of ideas, none seem to really fit in with NaNoWriMo because they’re either way larger than 50k or I have no idea how big they’ll be. I’d hate to have to condense or water down my writing.

Flag Post

I feel terrible, as I was intimidated and didn’t write a single word. I even had great ideas, plural.

I could write a story about how technology’s empowerment makes you isolated, but also heroic, and how technology’s temptation makes it dangerous. I could write a story about a fantasy cleric without power, as James Portnow from Extra Credits once mentioned, and also about you grow as a person as you grow In confidence and trust. And today I have an idea for a crime story, where a young boy loses something very important, but his perception and criminal mindset helps him get it back. My question is: How do I start? For next NaNo, that is.