Forums The Arts

Game Trailer: Hyperpath

5 posts

Flag Post

Hi,
I have just created my first game trailer and I want to share it with you guys. You can see it here: http://www.hyper-path.com/watch.html

Since this is my first video project, I will be glad if you could left some feedback.

Flag Post

It’s pretty good for a flash game trailer. The shattering of the text could be made a little better, I think – it’s too dynamic to be just 2D. You might want to slow down the dispersal of the pieces and make them larger, too. Such effect would suit outer space better, and it would also suggest that there is something for the player to watch in awe (like all those epic battles in other sci-fi games and films).

The part with the squadron of gunships was slightly confusing, though. Is the way they change their looks similar to how the gameplay is? I mean, is there some shape-shifting technology, or is it just your artistic interpretation of how upgrading works? If it’s the first, you could give a hint or two it’s how the game works; if it’s the latter, I don’t think it looks as good as it could. You could have the squadron pictured from perspective – using angles that present it more dynamically – and upon each shift, the perspective would change. That way you would imply that potential players can affect the gameplay, which is essentially what upgrades are there for anyway, right?

Guess that’s it. Too bad the game seems just like an updated Phage Wars clone…

Flag Post

thanks for your valuable feedback

Flag Post

Great trailer, graphics and seems like theres good content, though i think you should have come up with a better twist to this kinda game, theres many games of this sort around…

Flag Post

Looks like a really sweet trailer, although the upgrades I didn’t get how it worked because the gameplay videos shows just a Phage-War/Nano War aka all that stuff style games. I was looking forward to a Space RTS T_T