Forums The Arts

Groups/contests Sign Ups & Directory page 20 (locked)

583 posts

Flag Post

I was thinking about recreating the Art Store thread from way back as a group. It would be distinct in that:
It centers around currency and experience. You have XP and AP. XP is your experience, you can not lose this. As you gain XP you gain levels, which come with premade avatars and trophies for milestone level. XP is awarded every time you do something of any significance at all, like having an art battle (bonus XP to winner), entering the weekly contest or making a sale.
AP stands for Art Points. They are the currency of the group, and can be gained by:
• Winning a weekly contest
• Winning a staked art battle
• “Selling” art to other people for exclusive use
• Paid requests.
People who join start with 10AP. The prizes for contests are 25 points for 1st, 15 for 2nd and 5 for 3rd. The maximum stake for an art battle is 10AP.
Every member gets a character. This can be customized by changing his appearance and choosing starter clothes. Extra clothes can be purchased from the store. Every week, you can be featured on the front page for either:
• Contributing the most art. The rule about this is it has to be significant pieces, such as sigs or digital paintings. A quick pokemon recolour doesn’t count.
• Winning the weekly challenge
• Highest XP gain
• Most money made
The shop is where you can:
• Buy character clothes (Prices will be specified on thread)
• Buy other peoples art for exclusive rights
• Sell your own art to other members for exclusive rights
• Sell character clothes

Of course, it’s hard for me to enforce the exclusivity rule. That’s mostly down to the goodwill of our fellow kong members.
The idea behind the currency is a motivator to encourage people to make art. If you are receiving something for your art, it’s a lot more fun and you feel more active artistically.

Flag Post

Good idea. I’ll definitely be joining.

Flag Post

I’m glad you’ve put this much thought into the description. I would recommend contacting the previous creator(s) of the Art Store to let them know what you plan to do. That’s likely to prevent any hard feelings and find out if they want you to mention the original thread, name(s) of the creators of that idea, or to use or not use the name “Art Store”.

I’ve got a bunch of work to do on the first page of this thread that I’m not up to tonight because I’ve got to make fairies and sew flowers on my daughter’s “Hat Day” hat. Can you wait until sometime this weekend? I can’t quite remember if the last group I okay’ed filled the remaining open slot. Even if it has, I am pretty sure there are a couple that may not meet the activity requirements, but coming after the holidays I want to contact people before closing any threads.

Flag Post

Thanks Johanna. I’ll get to contacting Tr1bal and GHX, and I look forward to possibly opening on sunday =D

Flag Post

I’ll try my best, Wolfears—there isn’t currently an open slot. So I do have to review them and contact someone.

@khnum if you want to start your contest thread, please confirm that you can run all contests in one thread and you can start. At that point you should post a link to your contest thread here.

Flag Post

Wolfears, you can start when you want—by the time I put your link on the front page, I will have closed Shine Design and others are coming.

nordor, could you please post a link to your thread here?

And khnum, did you get the message that you can start the Oblivion contest as long as you can keep everything in one thread? Once again, when you make your thread, post a link here.

Flag Post

Thanks a load Johannas, I’ve already contacted Tr1bal (Who’s gotten back to me with an OK) and GHX.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Wolfears2:

Thanks a load Johannas, I’ve already contacted Tr1bal (Who’s gotten back to me with an OK) and GHX.

Great! I really appreciate that you went along with my requests for both the detailed description and contacting the previous Art Store owners :D

Flag Post

i made japan art group k

Flag Post

Hey, Jo-G! Do you mind if I sign up for a group/gallery?

Group Name – RawDraw

Sign-ups – Yes

Pretty much, this group/gallery is for digital illustrators who use such programs like MyPaint, openCanvas, Flash, Illustrator, etc., etc., and so that they can show off their skills in an open thread.

Flag Post

oooh, I like the idea. For a group, though, I recommend deciding whether you want it to be a groups or a gallery and how you want things to work there. Maybe you have, but would you be willing to post about it here? Imagine what you will put in your first post, for example. Things to think about—do you have levels, points or awards, contests, take requests? Or is it more of a place where everyone does what they want and posts it for C&C and discusses what has helped them learn to better use their program of choice. I’m putting you on the list, though…and I think there will be room when I delete the ones I sent messages to two days ago.

Flag Post
Originally posted by RussianWarLord:

i made japan art group k

Hello, don’t restart your group until you get approval. I have a few more questions before I put you on the list.

Flag Post

Hmm. I’m thinking more of b). x)

Really though, I’m not completely sure, because I would like to do a lot of what you explained, such as people posting their work so other people, both new and old to the art forums, can give some honest and kind critique. I was also thinking of in-thread contests, drawing battles, championships, positions and rankings, and request-filling. It sounds a lot easier when I’m thinking about it, but I’m sure it’s going to take a bit of time to fully prepare it. And I hope that this idea will bloom, and not end up far away on the double digit pages. D:

Flag Post

I’ll reserve a spot when I delete a couple inactives, but I recommend taking some time to draft your initial post, maybe even getting feedback on it here?

Flag Post

Sure thing.

RawDraw

The art community’s thread for digital illustrators.

RawDraw is, if you are wondering, a communal gallery and group for all you digital illustrators! Since I happen to be one of them (not a great one at that. :P), I realized that I have been a tad bit out of place when I’m in other groups, as they usually have more artists focused on signatures, banners, avatars, etc.

So I have made this thread for those talented, and beginning, artisans! :)

Rules:

Members:

Gallery:

Gallery will be in link form

e.g.

The Rhino

^ Terrible 2-minute doodle, btw.

Art Battles:

How to Join:

Other:

News

Don’t worry. I will add a LOT more. And I won’t spam up the whole first page, canopyart style. xD

Flag Post

Looks good, and you may start when you want. As far as spamming, up the first page, I think reserving 6-8 posts in the same categories you had in bold above will likely be as much as you would need. It looks nice so far, and I really hope it’s successful! I’ll probably sign up as well since this is mostly what I do.

Flag Post

Thanks so much, Joh! I’ll probably make it tomorrow, as I am flooded with with homework (easy Math booklet that is elementary easy, art poster… xD).

Flag Post

Mind if I sign up for a Group? :3

Group Name – Eagle Art
Sign-ups – No

Basically, it’s a Group for all kinds of art. Members earn ‘Eagle Eggs’ by doing tasks, requests, winning comps, etc, and get to spend them, requesting for other Members to make them avvy’s, sigs, backgrounds, etc.

They’ll be regular competitions, so the get to earn a fair lot of ‘Eagle Eggs’ 1st place wins 50, 2nd place wins 25, and 3rd wins 10.

Members start with 100 ‘Eagle Eggs’ but after that, their on there own.

Every month, the Member with the highest number of ‘Eagle Eggs’ wins 30 more!

Edit: Making mine look like UR’s:

Eagle Art Banner
Eagle Art – Where Artists Unite!

Eagle Art is a Group, made for all types of art. Sigs, Avvys, Vector, Backgrounds, Etc. You can earn EE, (Eagle Eggs) by filling Requests, Winning Contests, Doing Tasks, And lots more! You start with 100 EE, what more could you want, eh?

Rules Banner

How To Join Banner

Members Banner

Reserved For More Members

News Banner

FAQ Banner

Current Contest Banner

Past Contests Banner

Current Poll Banner

Past Polls Banner

Special Offers Banner

This is where I will put special offers up, of what you can spend with your EE

I can’t think of anything else yet, lol. Hope thats enough info…

Flag Post

Actualy my request seems unfitting when there is a good group now :)

Flag Post

Unless I have insomnia tonight, it will be a couple days before I catch up on the groups requests. I’ve got three requests and I have to check slots. I also want to check up on all groups to make see if there are others that have been inactive for over a week and need to redo the page in general. All the extra space in my life will be taken up by Girl Scout cookie sales for the next couple of days, but then I should get back to working on this thread.

Flag Post

I’ve closed Art Exchange. Sorry to all of the members, you have every reason to hate me. I don’t have time to keep up with the cards, and there are too many groups opening. I enjoyed the 10 days it was open, and maybe it’ll open again.

Flag Post

I’ve closed Art Exchange. Sorry to all of the members, you have every reason to hate me. I don’t have time to keep up with the cards, and there are too many groups opening. I enjoyed the 10 days it was open, and maybe it’ll open again.

Sorry to hear that, Wolfears, I think you were off to a good start, but yeah, you had a high work thread going. If you decide to reopen, consider recruiting a co-leader who you trust to share file access and to work with.

This means that RussianWarLord and GoldenCow can both begin your groups. I will warn you both that I think that it can be hard to get a group going if you aren’t well known in the forums, but we’ll see what happens. If you already have friends on kong who you expect will join, that is a different matter, of course. Let me know if you change your mind about starting a group at this time.

Flag Post

Group Name – Team Ninja Clan
Sign-ups – No

It’s a Group, all about Ninja Art. Ninja drawings, paintings, avvys, sigs,
banners, and everything else.

Members will earn points, but wont be able to spend them, as threads like that
are too complicated.

Flag Post

Nice to see you learning from my mistakes, JunkAngel ;)

Flag Post

Nice to see you learning from my mistakes, JunkAngel ;)

Is that a compliment? :)