Forums The Arts

Groups/contests Sign Ups & Directory page 23 (locked)

583 posts

Flag Post

well thing is i was willing to make a contest thread for animated avatars, but if its like this i cant lol, thanks for the reply anyways

Flag Post
Originally posted by Cozythrias:

well thing is i was willing to make a contest thread for animated avatars, but if its like this i cant lol, thanks for the reply anyways

Not to go off topic but Kongregate does reduce .gifs down to 21 frames.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Cozythrias:

Ah, that’s cool. hmm, In this case I would suggest starting a searching kong to see if there’s a previous discussion of this and/or starting a new thread in this forum with a title that as clearly as possible describes the problem you’re trying to solve. Is the problem that your image is more pixelated than it was previously? Does this problem occur when you use a .gif of the same size but as an individual pic rather than as part of an animation?

Flag Post

well thing is i make my own .gifs, the pixelation is not the problem, well as .gifs, we use frames to make those animations that contains delays for each picture to be shown to make an animation, i preview my own avatar on my browser and works fine, but when i upload it to kong, it becomes “glitchy”

here is the sample of how i wished it to look like

Flag Post

Well I know I already did this contest in the thread but it isn’t very popular for some reason so I would like to make a new thread to get it out there, so just let me know when I can make it, The thread name will just be iDesign Contest thread or something along the lines for that, it won’t necessarilly be re-occurring but I will use the thread to post up my contests and then post the entries in my thread for people to see, also I may occasionally open up a voting thread for the contests.

Flag Post

I made a group called The Artist’s Corner. It’s over here. No, not there, I said here! No no no! I said over here!

Flag Post
Originally posted by GraphicDesignC:

Well I know I already did this contest in the thread but it isn’t very popular for some reason so I would like to make a new thread to get it out there, so just let me know when I can make it, The thread name will just be iDesign Contest thread or something along the lines for that, it won’t necessarilly be re-occurring but I will use the thread to post up my contests and then post the entries in my thread for people to see, also I may occasionally open up a voting thread for the contests.

I can haz approval naow?

Flag Post

Sorry, GDC—I believe you can only have 1 contest or group thread open at a time. I don’t know offhand about how to promote your contest outside your thread. Some group owners leave shouts on the profiles of people who might be interested, but I think the contest should stay in your group.

I’m visiting my mother and finding life a bit hectic at the moment, but I’ll try and figure out the best option for you soon.

CocoaPuff—I am pretty sure there’s space for you, so i’ll go take a look. In the future, as I’m sure people have told you, you should post here to make the request before you start a group.

Flag Post

C.O.Z.Y. Art Request Thread

please have my thread LOCKED as I am still fixing my thread, i will be taking well any request that i could do.
i thought i could lock the thread myself so i created it quickly.

Flag Post

Okay, I locked the thread you linked. I am away from home and will be driving all day tomorrow, so instead of posting here to request an unlock, leave me a whisper and also copy it to rawismojo explaining that you had me temporarily lock it at your request. I’m glad you got the technical issues worked out.

Flag Post

Hey, Vulpix Girl and I have decided to start a thread under a different account, and it isn’t this one. The account is Vulpix_Kankuro. Anyways, we are requesting permission to start a new pokemon fusion thread, one that will be more organized than the one that is currently there. It will be constantly updated and kept under control. The name is yet to be chosen, but I was curious as to whether there is an available slot. Thank you!

~Kankuro195

Flag Post

Sorry for the late reply. Um, I’m really going to have to consult with the other forum mods on that. Though they are popular, too many Pokemon fusion threads has been a perceived problem for many on the Art Forum. Have you tried offering to help make the current thread more organized? I would recommend at least offering first.

Flag Post

heya again johannas :D

I have a request to start up a new contest thread I’m thinking of. This is totally new and challenging for all those animators out there. Contest name would be, “Massively Mini Animations (MMA) Contest” It would be for creating animations that would be only 20×8 dpi and only 1.8kb filesize :D

I have examples for it :P

please tell if there is room

Flag Post

Hey, Can i have a group to run. It would be a group of 10 people maximum so it doesn’t get out of hand. People within the group can submit art for constructive criticism. If someone else in the group gives good cc or submits a good piece of art they would earn points, (the points are plainly for show).

Flag Post

That should be fine, although next time leave me a whisper or shout before starting if I don’t respond to this thread in a timely manner. Whispers and shouts get emailed to me, so I see them more reliably. You should also post a link to your group thread here (you can edit your post above this one).

Flag Post

Hey Johannas, previously on the page, I had posted a request to start a new pokemon fusion thread. I feel that if I started that new one and keeped it updated so that hopefully, other users can receive the critique they are looking for and hopefully attract some new fusers to the scene. Thanks.
Also on that, there would be weekly contests and achievements.

Flag Post

Group: No
contest name: CHM Avatar request thread
type: Request thread

It is a request thread of a template I made, Ran by me and UnitedRebellion. Thanks.

Flag Post

Uh, i have a question. How can I join a group? I don’t have people to do it with and i want to. can you help me?

Flag Post
Originally posted by cybre1:

Uh, i have a question. How can I join a group? I don’t have people to do it with and i want to. can you help me?

First you have to find a group thread, Like for an example the name would be: “[group]Example” And then just fill in their form (if they have one)

Flag Post

What cybre1 said :) What sort of group are you looking for? What kind(s) of art do you do? I may be able to make some suggestions, however, if you just check out the active threads with [group] tags, you’ll figure out a lot about what their members do. If no one has posted for a couple of weeks or more, send a message to the owner (that would be the person who created the first post in most cases) and ask if they are still involved or planning to be soon.

Flag Post

Do you have to sign up here for a request thread?

Flag Post

Contest name/type: Avatar Creation with Toolbox 3 Deluxe (One time)

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/5-art/topics/111373-contest-avatar-creation-with-toolbox-3-deluxe

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Sorry for the slow response, rigariga, but you don’t need to sign up for request threads or gallery threads, only contests and groups. So go ahead and start yours. Bob, good luck with your contest.

Everyone—please leave me a shout or a whisper when you make a request here. I am quite, quite busy with life stuff and don’t keep up with this thread the way I should.