Forums The Arts

Groups/contests Sign Ups & Directory page 3 (locked)

583 posts

Flag Post

rawismojo is right, Kool_A1d. You can’t do that, I’m sorry, but those are the rules. One group/contest per user, and you have to wait until you can start a new one as the others.

Do you still want to get rid of Funny Art!? You have two options, as far as I can suggest:

Or leave it, and give the free spot to another user, and wait- you are the next one in line.

Or talk to pivotman99, as you both want to run a group, maybe you could run it togheter. Maybe it’s a silly idea, but I guess we all want to avoid fights, so…

@rawismojo:

Ehh, added it to the list. Thank you for posting the link here, have fun.

Also, may I ask you something? Is that going to be a weekly contest? There always are open contest spots, so I guess it’s not going to be a problem, but if people request them, your spot is not going to be saved. Is that ok with you? If you have any suggestions, or if you think I’m wrong (I might be, in fact, I think I’m forgetting of something…) please, let me know.

Thank you guys.

Flag Post

My plan was to only host this one for now. If I get a decent turn-out then I might resubmit. It might be prudent to break contests into “1-time” and “re-occurring” categories. And having like 3 spots open for re-occuring contests and 4-5 open for 1-timers might make sense, since they are quite different. The re-occurring contests are really kind of like 1/2 contest and 1/2 group.

Flag Post
Originally posted by rawismojo:

My plan was to only host this one for now. If I get a decent turn-out then I might resubmit. It might be prudent to break contests into “1-time” and “re-occurring” categories. And having like 3 spots open for re-occuring contests and 4-5 open for 1-timers might make sense, since they are quite different. The re-occurring contests are really kind of like 1/2 contest and 1/2 group.

Hey, that’s actually a pretty awesome idea. I love it. I’ll do that, I’m sure that’s going to make things much easier! Thank you!

Also, if any of the Art Regular users have any objection, please post it here, same with suggestions. I think that a good debate about new ideas on how to improve this thread would be fantastic. Thank you.

rawismojo, your contest will be under the 1-time contests as soon as I finish editing my post.

AS A SIDE NOTE (edit):

I’m going to add more spots if it’s needed. And I edited my first post. Thank you for the great idea.

Flag Post

Okay, so my spot is availible, or not?

Flag Post
Originally posted by pivotman99:

Okay, so my spot is availible, or not?

It isn’t yet.

Thank you for being patient. There aren’t empty spots left, but I think that Undead sylence, and Funny Art! are going to be closed, due to the thread’s inactivity. Try to check in a couple of hours, please.

You’ll have that spot tomorrow, maybe today if you are lucky. Try to wait a little more, ok? Thank you.

Also, if those threads don’t get locked, I’ll remove them from the list, and I’ll try to contact a Forum Moderator as soon as possible. So, it’s a matter of hours :)

Flag Post

Oh sorry then man, well I had already made it so let me copy and paste what I have into a document please and I will get rid of it, also I will get rid of funny art and whoever is next can have it, I’m going to find and delete it now, for who is next in line.

Flag Post

Just though I might note that I am interested in making a group (or working with someone else to make a group) if a space comes up.

Flag Post

@ pivotman99:

As there are new open slots, feel free to start your group! Also, post it’s link here, please. Good luck, and have fun!

@ Kool_A1d:

There is another open slot, so, if you want, sign up here (with the proper structure, posted on the first page). Your group now is closed, so you are free to start a new one.

Also, you don’t have to deleta your thread… it’s already locked, so just let it die.

@ GnomeLogic:

If Kool_A1d wants that spot, you will have to wait, I’m sorry. Anyway, you are next in line. May you sign up with the proper structure, (posted here, on my forth post)?
Also, you said that you have no problems working with someone else in the group, so, here a friendly suggestion:

If Kool_A1d is ok with it (try to contact him via whisper, or shout), why don’t you run a group togheter? It would be great if he accepted- but it is only a suggestion.
If he doesn’t accept, you are the next one in line, so don’t worry, and be patient, you’ll turn is going to arrive soon.

Flag Post

Okay light I will take the spot. Thanks a lot, I will be preparing my proposal and a starter animation so please hold that spot for maybe 1 more day (more or less) no longer than a week, thank you.

Flag Post

Group/contest name/type: [Group] The Few

Flag Post

I’m more than happy to wait my turn, unless someone is interested in co-owning, in which case please feel free to whisper me

Group/contest name/type: [group] Avatar Authors Amalgamated

Flag Post

Group/contest name/type: [re occurring contest.] Fusion Frenzy 1!

Every week I will come up with a certain theme for a pokemon fusion to abide by, the contestants will then judge on whose is the best, second best and third best (a first best vote gives you three points, and second gives you two points..)-Giving reasons for each- everyweek there will be a 1st,2nd,3rd,4th and 5th giving points to each in this order. 1st gets 5 points 2nd gets 4 3rd gets 3 etc… E.g if i got three third votes and two 1st votes, i would have 9 points, if i won with nine points out of everyone i would get 5 points. if two people draw there will be a fuse-off.

Flag Post

@GnomeLogic:

You are the next one in line. Then TuckerFast.

I’ll make a list later, with all the users waiting. Be patient, I’m sure your turn is going to come soon.

Note: Guys, remember that if you want to have a group thread very soon, you can always contact GnomeLogic. Read his post for further information.

@jammio1:

Sure, there is one re-occurring contest slot. But first, could you please tell us how many weeks do you want that contest to last? Something reasonable, like two months, or three, please, let’s be fair and good with the other users that might want to start their own contest :)
I think that one is going to be a very succesful thread (I hope so!). Have fun, and post the link of your thread here, please.

Thank you for your patience, guys, and have fun jammio1!

Flag Post

@ Ligtsun I noticed on the Front page that “Secret Artist 4” Is not on it. Also there are two Open Spots for Groups.

Flag Post

@Lightsun Ok, Let it be two months, is that good by you?

Flag Post

@jammio1:

Of course, go ahead, and have fun- Don’t forget to post the link of your competition here!

@TuckerFast:

You are right, my mistake, I apologize. One of those two spots belongs to Kool_A1d, who asked me if he could have a couple of days before making it. He will start soon, I’m sure. Otherwise, he will lose the spot, and it is going to be all yours.
The other spot is for GnomeLogic- GnomeLogic, have fun, and thank you for your cooperation and patience! Post the link of your group here soon!

Well, TuckerFast, you are the next one in line, then! I’m sure you are going to have that spot soon, just wait, and check this thread periodically.

About the Secret Artist 4 subject- it isn’t a contest, it is just a forum game. That’s why it isn’t there. (I already explained this before).

Flag Post

Animation Nation!/[Contest] Animation Nation! (the competition request will come later when I get more members/Group/possible competition in future

Flag Post

Here is the link you can remove funny art from the groups list now.

Animation Nation!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kool_A1d:

Here is the link you can remove funny art from the groups list now.

Animation Nation!

Did you get Permission yet? You still need to ask and wait.

Flag Post

Hey, Is it alright but I started my competition Before This thread was created
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/5/topics/42363

Flag Post

@ Kool_A1d:

Thank you, have fun, and good luck with the group. It looks very professional and nice at the moment, keep up the good work.
Thank you for posting the link.

Also, remember that you will have to sign up here again before creating the Contest thread, otherwise it is going to get locked.

@ TuckerFast:

He did, he asked me a day or two. He needed time before posting his thread, and now he did.

@ ruudiluca:

Oh, yes, I can’t believe I forgot adding that one to the list. It has the last contest spot now, thank you for reminding me, and sorry.

Flag Post
Originally posted by lightsun:

@ Kool_A1d:

Thank you, have fun, and good luck with the group. It looks very professional and nice at the moment, keep up the good work.

Also, remember that you will have to sign up here again before creating the Contest thread, otherwise it is going to get locked.

@ TuckerFast:

He did, he asked me a day or two. He needed time before posting his thread, and now he did.

@ ruudiluca:

Oh, yes, I can’t believe I forgot adding that one to the list. It has the last contest spot now, thank you for reminding me, and sorry.

I know that it would be locked thanks for telling me though anyways, what I was doing was letting you know I would be back soon about a contest signup and thank you for complimenting my thread, I wanted it to be a good thread and you confirmed that, I appreciate it, thank you.

Flag Post

Here is my group. Thanks heaps!

Flag Post
Originally posted by lightsun:

@ Kool_A1d:

@ TuckerFast:

@ ruudiluca:

Ha Ha! No problem!

Flag Post

Signing Up: canopyart

Type: All art

What else do I need?

Is it okay for me to make a prelim thread, to get members and stuff, and what they think of the group?