Forums The Arts

Groups/contests Sign Ups & Directory page 6 (locked)

583 posts

Flag Post

@ yourmom12:

Yes, you are on the waiting list. You are the next one in line. Be patient, and good luck!

@ samb278:

Ok, have fun! Your thread is now on the list, good luck.

Flag Post

I would like to sign up a competition for my group.

Does that count as a normal competition?

Flag Post
Originally posted by canopyart:

No, we can just go ahead.

Flag Post
Originally posted by pivotman99:
Originally posted by canopyart:

No, we can just go ahead.

How would you know?

Flag Post

Eh, no, you can’t go ahead. You’ll have to wait, canopyart, before starting your competition.

That one would count as a normal competition, but please, be more specific. Do you want a one-time competition, or a reocurring one?

Anyway, you’ll have to wait, and I’ll add your name to the waiting list, if you want.

Flag Post
Originally posted by lightsun:

Eh, no, you can’t go ahead. You’ll have to wait, canopyart, before starting your competition.

That one would count as a normal competition, but please, be more specific. Do you want a one-time competition, or a reocurring one?

Anyway, you’ll have to wait, and I’ll add your name to the waiting list, if you want.

It will be a re-occuring one, in the sense that every time we hit our goal, there will be a new competition.

Flag Post

Well, Moonlaughmaster, then I don’t know. I think that isn’t a normal competition, then.

I have one question, anyway:

-Is everybody going to be able to sign-up, or just the Canopyart members?

Because, if it is only for Canopyart members, you have two or three options, or you sign-up here every time you are going to start a competition, or you do the competition inside the group thread (I suggest you that one, I think that if you manage to organize it well, it is going to be better), or waiting for a reocurring spot.

I don’t know about the last option, I don’t think it’s fair to take away a slot only for a couple of users.

Maybe we could do the following, each group can start one competition thread, without signing up here, only for the group’s members, and make it reocurring. It’s just an idea, and I’d like to hear your opinions guys, and I’ll talk with the rest of the Art Forum Moderator team.

Also, remember that it is *just a suggestion I made without the consensus of the other Forum Moderators. If the most part of the Art Forums users agree that this is a good idea, and the rest of the Forum Moderators think that it can’t do any harm, then we’ll do that— be patient until then!

EDIT:

Moonlaughmaster, if pivotman99 is right, and it’s going to be inside the group thread, then go ahead, you don’t have to sign-up :P

Flag Post

Well, Moonlaughmaster, then I don’t know. I think that isn’t a normal competition, then.

I have a couple one question, anyway:

-Is everybody going to be able to sign-up, or just the Canopyart members? Because, if it is only for Canopyart members, you have two or three options, or you sign-up here every time you are going to start a competition, or you do the competition inside the group thread (I suggest you that one, I think that if you manage to organize it well, it is going to be better), or waiting for a reocurring spot.

I don’t know about the last option, I don’t think it’s fair to take away a slot only for a couple of users. Maybe we could do the following, each group can start one competition thread, without signing up here, only for the group’s members, and make it reocurring. It’s just an idea, and I’d like to hear your opinions guys, and I’ll talk with the rest of the Art Forum Moderator team.

Also, remember that it is *just a suggestion I made without the consensus of the other Forum Moderators. If the most part of the Art Forums users agree that this is a good idea, and the rest of the Forum Moderators think that it can’t do any harm, then we’ll do that— be patient until then!

It’s inside the thread. That’s why I said he didn’t need to sign-up.

Flag Post

I have one question, anyway:

-Is everybody going to be able to sign-up, or just the Canopyart members?

Because, if it is only for Canopyart members, you have two or three options, or you sign-up here every time you are going to start a competition, or you do the competition inside the group thread (I suggest you that one, I think that if you manage to organize it well, it is going to be better), or waiting for a reocurring spot.

I don’t know about the last option, I don’t think it’s fair to take away a slot only for a couple of users.

Maybe we could do the following, each group can start one competition thread, without signing up here, only for the group’s members, and make it reocurring. It’s just an idea, and I’d like to hear your opinions guys, and I’ll talk with the rest of the Art Forum Moderator team.

EDIT:

Moonlaughmaster, if pivotman99 is right, and it’s going to be inside the grouo thread, then go ahead, you don’t have to sign-up :P

When I did it with THEpixel, I let everybody join in, and I made a separate thread.

I kinda want to do the same thing here.

Flag Post

Oh, well, Moonlaughmaster, then I guess that it’s ok, and since everybody can join the contest, it is a normal one.

I added your name to the waiting list. Be patient, please, I might add one more reocurring contest spot later!

You’ll be free to start your thread after Battle_Organizer ends his contest :)

Flag Post

Oh, well, Moonlaughmaster, then I guess that it’s ok, and since everybody can join the contest, it is a normal one.

I added your name to the waiting list. Be patient, please, I might add one more reocurring contest spot later!

You’ll be free to start your thread after Battle_Organizer ends his contest :)

Ah, heck w/ it, I’ll just put it in the actual group thread.

Flag Post

I’m gonna get a slot for a one time contest.

Anti-Ripper

I play a role as a ripper and you as the players have to find proof that I ripped it. It starts easier and gets harder.
Hopefully this will help against the fight on ripping artwork.

Flag Post

Well, I’m thoroughly confused by the sign-up requirements, since the form that you say needs to be copy-pasted and the things you ask for don’t seem to flow together very well…

Either way, I’m looking to run a one-time contest, preferably starting ASAP and ending on the 10th of June.

I don’t understand the “sign ups needed” category, though. I mean, I’d like as many sign-ups as possible.

Is that everything I need?

Edit: How can I give an end date if I don’t know when I get to start the contest? *is confused*

Flag Post

@ InwardNose:

I’m going to be sincere, I don’t think that’s a good idea for the Art Forums. After talking with other Forum Moderators about this, I think that the right section for a forum game like that one would be the Off-topic section.

As you are not going to create those pieces, I don’t think the competition should be here. Maybe I misunderstood your idea, if so, feel free to contact me and explain me. Thank you.

@ The_Hard_Badge:

Ok, a one-time contest, that would end the 10th of June. Everyone would be able to sign – up.

You’ll have to wait if you want it to be a competition, I can’t give you the spot. I can put your name on the waiting list. Anyway, just a suggestion:

I guess that you are looking for some kind of image, or graphic for an upcoming game, if so, feel free to create common thread, and post your request. Tell the others that the best one is going to appear there.

That kind of requests, that need inmediate attention don’t need a contest thread. I wish you good luck, and if it isn’t the case mentioned above, I’m sorry, but you’ll have to wait.

Flag Post

Ah, thank you for the clairifcation, lightsun. I’m a little unfamiliar with this system, so I figured it would be best to check here first.

I’m fairly certain what I’m looking falls into the category you described above, so I’ll get to work on the thread shortly.

Flag Post

Lightsun: Is there any slots left, because I want to make an Avatar competition?

Flag Post
Originally posted by ktnault16:

Lightsun: Is there any slots left, because I want to make an Avatar competition?

Well, there isn’t any slot left for competitions, but I can put your name on the list, if you want.

Ehh, may I ask you to edit, or make a post with more details about the contest you want to start, and if you want it to be one-time or reocurring? Just a short explanation, because I don’t get what “an Avatar competition” means.

Are you planning to give people a certain theme to create avatars, or are you going to do something else?

That would really help me :) Please, answer those questions, sign-up properly, and be patient until your turn comes. Thank you.

Flag Post

Okay. I want to make an Avatar competition and I want it to be one-time.
There is no theme. I want to see who makes the best avatar.
Like I said I only want it one-time. There will be 10 judges(including me)
There will be 10 competitors.
The 10 avatars will be judged,
The judges will send me a whisper of their favorite avatar.
and 5 of them will go to the final judging.
There will be 2 winners.
2nd place Runner-up and of course, 1st place winner.
But, there is no prizes.
Well, I hope that is detailed enough.

Flag Post

When can I start?

Flag Post

@ ktnault16:

That’s ok, there is one empty slot, feel free to create the thread. Have fun, and post the link here, please. Good luck.

@ yourmom12:

You can go ahead, Kool_A1d lost his spot since he hasn’t created the thread. Have fun, and as I said to ktnault16, please, post the link to your contest here, and good luck!

Flag Post

If you would like to add this to your thingy, go for it… I’m the R of the League of Gamers, and i’m havin my peepz make us a new Banner for our wikia page…
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/5/topics/45075

Flag Post

I’m signing up a staggered re-occurring contest for canopyart, since the contest in thread failed.

Flag Post

@ Battle_Organiser:

There is one re-occurring competition slot free, so go ahead and start your thread. Please, post here the link to your contest and have fun :)

@ djstreamline:

Next time sign-up before starting your thread, please. You are lucky there were empty spots, so I added your contest to the list. Have fun, and good luck.

@ MoonlaughMaster:

As the only re-occurring competition spot was taken by Battle_Organiser, that has two days to start it, you’ll have to wait. Your name is on the list, be patient please.

Flag Post

My contest failed I quit it. Give it to moonlaugh.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Checkmark:

My contest failed I quit it. Give it to moonlaugh.

Is this your contest? Because if it is, piratemonkey is the co-owner of the thread, therefore, I can’t remove it from the list until both of you want to.

Anyway, if you and piratemonkey want the competition to be cancelled, please, both of you contact me, and let me know that.

MoonlaughMaster, I guess that your turn is coming very soon :) Be patient.