Forums The Arts

Order of the Paintbrush

23 posts

Flag Post

Did a quick sketch in about … 15 minutes. I really liked it so I scanned it and traced it with Paint.NET. I plan on coloring it later, and I wanted to know what y’all think. Constructive criticism is greatly appreciated. :)

Flag Post

I really like your style, and I really like how he holds the brush closer, making it appear large (perspective).

Good job, keep it up :)!

Flag Post

S’pretty spiffy. I enjoy the style.

Flag Post

Nice perspective drawing :)

Flag Post

Refrence to Order of the Stick much? :P

Flag Post

Thanks everybody. ;)

And @ Sylicas: What exactly is Order of the Stick? I just thought that up on the spot in a desperate attempt to have a title that didn’t just say “Look at my drawing!” or something. :|

Flag Post

Looks great! I especially like the perspective, and the brush/hands look great (I suck at hands D:). The only problem I have with it is the lower legs and shoes. The sketch looks so great until you get to that part, then it just falls apart… Just fix that and it’ll be perfect ;D

The color will look great! I’m waiting! :P

Flag Post

Does the Paintbrush in Flash also count for this, Because that is the Primary tool I use for drawing…

Flag Post

Thanks for the tip Malachi. I’ll work on it. :D

@ZachAttack, I’m not sure what you mean … ?

Flag Post

Flash has a Paintbrush Tool, and that is what I mainly use to draw.

Flag Post

Well, I wouldn’t know. I don’t use Flash.
By that I mean: I’m too cheap to buy Flash.

Flag Post

I think he means the paintbrush, which is the alternative to the pencil, I THINK thats what he means.

Flag Post

crazycruiser is sorta right.

Flag Post

And @ Sylicas: What exactly is Order of the Stick? I just thought that up on the spot in a desperate attempt to have a title that didn’t just say “Look at my drawing!” or something. :|

You die for not knowing OOTS >:(

Flag Post

I don’t know OOTS either =P.

I use the Pencil tool in Flash, much smoother lines ;D.

Flag Post

WHAT???!!!!OOTS IS THE (2nd) BEST COMIC I HAVE EVER READ!!!!

Flag Post

Ahh, I just checked out OOTS. It is pretty funny. Hehe.

By the way Nopoke, what is the (1st) best comic you have ever read?

Flag Post

You die for not knowing OOTS >:(

Yeah, OOTS is great, but XKCD is better.

Flag Post

Yeah, OOTS is great, but XKCD is better.

…But Cyanide & Happiness takes the trophy ;D

Flag Post

You should make it an avvy or something…I like it, go make a deviantArt or something :P

Flag Post

Btw, Y:The Last Man is the best one ever. That’s a fact.

Flag Post

…But Cyanide & Happiness takes the trophy ;D

C&H is pretty good, don’t really like OOtS or XKCD.

also Dinosaur Comics, Achewood and The Perry Bible Fellowship are better than any of them.

Flag Post

Oops, sorry for more comic stuff in this thread, but I forgot to mention “We the Robots”! Another pretty funny web comic… This is a funny one :P