Forums The Arts

Photoshop

15 posts

Flag Post

Hiya guys! this days back i send my computer to clean up its drive and i losted my macromedia fireworks but i received the adobe photoshop wich is awesome!

But… i don’t know even how to make a circle on it … so i’m wondering you guys here on kong may have a good guide for photoshop yes? and you like to share things like: the guide you guys have used to learn how to make images on photoshop right ?

So what you guys say? anyone here have a good guide for photoshop?

P.S: is fireworks that bad in comparation with photoshop?

Flag Post

The best way to learn, in my opinion is to learn the basics, then try some tutorials and finally mess about with your newly found knowledge.

A few essential things to know are layers, but I’ll assume you already know about that (Window → Layers) and well, it depends on your styles.

The useful Paint Bucket may be hiding behind the Gradient tool (it’s a rectangle going from black to white) and the Pencil is hiding in the Brush icon. Lot’s of useful tools hide behind others

A fun thing to do is to do a massive gradient on a blank document and play around with the filter’s in (strangely enough) the Filter menu.

Once you’ve learnt a few filters and so on and so forth, try heading to www.good-tutorials.com and check out the Photoshop section.

Hope that helps!

Flag Post

Photoshop’s real function is for enhancing photos and faking photos but you could make some.

Learning the layers, how to use the brush and the pen, filters as Venzael said, and your creativity is all you need.

It’s fun but I prefer Illustrator for drawing and then, I’ll use Photoshop to enhance it.

Flag Post

One of the best places for tutorials is here.

http://www.pixel2life.com/

They have a great selection of tutorials.

Flag Post

just a question… people use photoshop to create image and edit photos right?

Flag Post

I personally use photoshop for web-design and such things like logos’s. I don’t find it hard to create something from scratch.. You just need ideas and the ability to make your own brushes,textures, and whatever you need to make something that is completely yours. But certain images are hard to make without sources.

Flag Post

OMG! i can’t find a simple photoshop tutorial to just learn how to create some nice pictures :/

Edit: I QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! It’s impossible to make a simple draw in there!!!!!!! it’s impossible!!!! it’s too consfuse and complicated!!!!!!!! i QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i gone download fireworks again, since it’s 10x more simple to create stuff >:|

Flag Post

anyone here know anything about the new fireworks CS3 ?

Flag Post

Photoshop has a steep learning curve.

Flag Post

but it’s complicated… don’t wanna hear about photoshop anymore… i suffered enough for it =|

Flag Post

O.o It isn’t that hard… 2 hours and I knew where everything was and what it did. _

Flag Post

O.o It isn’t that hard… 2 hours and I knew where everything was and what it did. _

Patience is a virtue.

Flag Post

Patience is a virtue.

wich i don’t have

if is that easy, write me a guide telling me the basics and not how to do a giant bat with blood in the teeth …

Flag Post

Many tutorials on Photoshop/Illustrator/Flash starts like this:

1. Artistically sketch the bat.

2. Trace it via the pen tool (Which is very usable in Fireworks, I believe)

3. Put shading and use filters.

Flag Post

All i just want to know is how to make simple art and not a giant godzila …