Forums The Arts

Deriaz's Armory (Cubone and Apple - 4/12) page 3

309 posts

Flag Post

I will try to provide something better next Sunday.

Not possible.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ForeverLoading:

Wouldn’t it suck if it rained halfway through? :P

Actually, you wouldn’t believe how worried I was about that. I had gotten the lines and the teeth/red down, when the clouds moved in. It got kind of dark. I was like, you have got to be kidding me. D:

Luckily, it moved on. The drawing stayed there for a good 3 days before a downpour struck the mighty Rex down.

Originally posted by NoteyMan:

Hmm 10 packs of Chalk later = WIN :)

haha that is amazing deriaz! I can’t even say it better than that…

Surprisingly, it actually only took one tiny little bucket. Half the chalk is still there. :D I have so much left over that if I want to play something in the future, I’ve got the resources.

And thank you. :) Glad you like it. I do wish I could have had some more depth to it, but given the colors I had and the quality of the chalk, I don’t think I could do it very well, with the time (and fear of the weather) that I had. Some day, though, I would love to do one of those 3D drawings. . .

Originally posted by UnitedRebellion:

I will try to provide something better next Sunday.

Not possible.

Oh, nonono. If I can get what’s in my head down on paper correctly? I think it will be my favorite thing so far.

But I haven’t had much luck with that lately. We’ll have to see what happens.

EDIT: Room-mate has agreed to help me with my idea, should I encounter a problem. Huzzah.

Flag Post

mhmm I think you should try and draw a hole in cement somewhere (perferably a place with protection from rain/other weather/small children

Flag Post

Warforged on a chocobo, amirite? ;D

Flag Post
Originally posted by NoteyMan:

mhmm I think you should try and draw a hole in cement somewhere (perferably a place with protection from rain/other weather/small children

Oh, believe me, were this place not always so rainy in the summer as my roommates and the weather itself have told me, I would do so. Perhaps when winter comes around I can do that. Then it’s just a matter of shoveling away the snow off the sidewalk so it can still be seen.

I’ll think of something, though! All in due time. . .

Originally posted by Pivotman99:

Warforged on a chocobo, amirite? ;D

Shh! D:

I mean, no. Silly Pivot. I have no idea what you’re talking about.

You’re insane.

Continues humming the Chocobo Theme quietly to himself.

Flag Post

You need to pay me in Procrastination Peanuts. Or I will talk!!!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pivotman99:

Or I will talk!!!

But you already did! >:O

Flag Post

Did I? Or did you?

Flag Post

EDIT: Linework is done. Sort of. I plan to go back into it and make the lines a bit more interesting at some point. (Also, moved a spike. Not enough to warrant a re-upload, but you’ll see it when I update this to something more interesting in the future.)

Finals caught up to me, so I had a plan, y’know? To make up for not having anything done from the last week, I was going to post two works in progress.

Well, my scanner is refusing to work. I suppose it’s for the best, because I’m not terribly happy with the version I have drawn in my sketchbook. I’ll probably scrap it, and begin again. . .

So that leaves me with just the one work in progress. I sit here, contemplating. “Do I show it? It’s not done. But I haven’t shown anything in two weeks. And it is something digital, which I don’t do very often. Maybe they’ll like it. Maybe not, since it isn’t done. . . Do I show it? It’s not do—” and so on. You get the idea.

I’m deciding to show it. It’s a tedious process; I’ve got 5 hours in on this piece so far, through the reading of tutorials, references, draws, redraws, and the cleaning I’ve done.

But it’s fun. Pixel work, that is. A self-portrait, of sorts. Decided to jump in and give it a shot, after seeing you all doing it.

Original, drawn by my roommate, Jaggie.

I don’t know if and when I’ll finish it — it may be something I work on in my spare time. But, yeah. That’s what some of my time has been spent on. Obviously, the cleaning is not yet done, as you can tell. The face/mask is done, however; I experimented a bit with line thickness on the forehead, if that raises any confusion. Still need to clean up the rest of my plating.

I will try to have something more complete for you next week, unless I end up really enjoying this. Heh.

Flag Post

Another busy week of sorting out student loans and stuff has left me without time to work again. I’m also still trying to handle some personal matters, so there won’t be anything this Sunday. I don’t mean to be slacking on my goal in this thread this much already; I wasn’t aware end of semester and new-semester preparations would be so heavy. My bad, and I apologize for it.

Flag Post

student loans

student loans

Oh god. Not those.

In regards to the pixel picture, ‘twill look SICK, as if it doesn’t already. Did you make a layer over the actual drawing though, or was it just from using the original as reference?

Flag Post

Life can really suck sometimes.

When life gives you lemons, make apple juice. :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by UnitedRebellion:

Oh god. Not those.

In regards to the pixel picture, ‘twill look SICK, as if it doesn’t already. Did you make a layer over the actual drawing though, or was it just from using the original as reference?

I know, right? :S I’m out-of-country, too, so these are really going to start racking up. Going to be painful at the end of the four years. . .

As for the picture, I used the original as reference. I used a tablet to make a really rough sketch in GraphicsGale (Like, rough as in, oh god why are your lines 10 pixels wide and filled with little holes) and then went in with a mouse and made everything a bit skinnier. I’ll eventually go back into it and add some more appealing lines, like I did with one crease on the mask, but I haven’t had the time. :( Sad face.

Originally posted by Laxaria:

Life can really suck sometimes.

When life gives you lemons, make apple juice. :)

Doing my best. D: It’s just annoying when some of the stuff is out of my hands.

Flag Post

LOLOL. I always do that, then make that layer half-visible, then use it as a guide, rather than thinning out the pixels.

Flag Post

That seems like it will save a lot of time in the future. I will definitely tuck that info away for a future project, if any.

Also, side note for why I definitely won’t have anything tomorrow — omgwtf beagle puppy so adorable must play with teh puppeh it looks so sad D:

Flag Post

Still having scanner problems. The thing is plugged in, and the computer recognizes it, but it refuses to actually do a scan. Will print things fine, but not scan.

I’m going to keep trying. If I can’t get it to work until tomorrow, I’ll resort to a digital camera if I really need to. The piece is done; I would just like to have it scanned so the quality is much higher, and I can tweak out a few smudges or lines that I couldn’t get at, either due to the hardness of the pencil or whatever.

Will delete this post if there are no replies to it and update tomorrow/when I get this working — otherwise, expect another post.

Flag Post

Hmm..

Tried to see if the software is working? :)

Flag Post

Nah, it wasn’t the software, I think. . . Besides, I dunno that my roommates know where the software is, if we needed to re-install. Haha. Anyways, it’s working. It was scanning black and gray squares, and sometimes stopping halfway through, but I finally got a decent scan. I’m not happy entirely with it, but after 4 hours or whatever with the scanner, I’m fine with it.

Decided to do some more League of Legends fanart. This guy is Kassadin, the “Void Walker”. He looked into the Void, which is this really weird place full of monsters and stuff, and it changed him. So he’s got this Void Blade that is attached to his bracer (his right arm), and he’s able to silence and slow people, and teleport by opening rifts and stuff. He’s a blast to play.

Wish I could have done a better pose with him, like have him leaning a bit more like he’s leaping out of his rift opening, but it proved to be a bit too hard. As for mistakes, I know the left shoulder armor looks bad. That perspective messed with me a lot. That’s the best of the attempts at it. And the head might be a bit too far to the right — didn’t notice it ’til Jaggie pointed it out as I was getting ready to finish it up. :S

Anyways, here it is. Enjoy.

Flag Post

You do know that I wouldn’t have really noticed any of those perspective issues until you mentioned them, and now I can’t stop seeing them.

D:

Nice piece though, and the linework is more intricate than other submissions, admittedly. It would be very interesting to see this coloured, actually. :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by Laxaria:

You do know that I wouldn’t have really noticed any of those perspective issues until you mentioned them, and now I can’t stop seeing them.

D:

If I must suffer knowing I am not as skilled as I’d like to be, than so must everyone else. All part of my master plan! Mwhahaha. . . Well, I admit, I’m actually winging this whole master plan thing.

But mwhahaha all the same.

Nice piece though, and the linework is more intricate than other submissions, admittedly. It would be very interesting to see this coloured, actually. :P

I actually had plans to shade it, but coloring might be an option as well. If I can squeeze it in with an idea I have for a birthday piece thing for myself, maybe I will. ;P

Flag Post

He looks like he’s related to Shredder from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles :D

I don’t really see anything bad with it lol, looks amazing to me :) And sorry if these types of comments bug you >.< I know you probably get tired of hearing that your work is good >.< Wish I could actually find something for you to improve on to actually be of use >.< But ur way better then me lol :)

Flag Post

I can see the Shredder resemblance a bit. I think that might have been my doing, though — his concept art and character portraits from Riot (Either American or the Chinese localization) don’t have that hint. Heh.

As for the comments, I don’t mind as much so long as you guys don’t mind. I would say give it your best shot on pointing out something I might have missed, something you think could have worked better, or maybe what you might want to see done with it. But if nothing else, I don’t mind the repeat comments. Even hearing “That’s great!” is better than silence, because I know I did something right, even if the commenter might not be specific in what. ;P

Flag Post

K :) Good to know :D hahah, there is one thing about the character though that strike me as off, is his belt supposed to stick out that far from his stomach? And should it curve a bit more to look like he’s wearing it? It might actually look like that for his character, but I might as well point it out lol.

Flag Post

Ohh, I didn’t see that. It probably should, actually. It does look like it’s hovering a bit in front of him, instead of being worn. Whoops. D:

If I can shift it slightly in Photoshop, I will. But I’m not entirely sure if I can fix it. It’s duly noted for sure, though. Thanks.

Someone graciously reminded me about the brightness/contrast. It can’t believe that completely slipped my mind. It should look a lot better now — let me know what you guys think.

Flag Post

No problem lol… Hope you can fix it, if not, it still looks good.

And It looked good before, the brightness/contrast change isn’t really noticeable, kind of a neutral change, if you get what I mean.