Forums The Arts

Jazz Jackrabbit art thread.

16 posts

Flag Post

This picture was hand-drawn, inspired by the Jazz Jackrabbit 2 world 1-2, Carrotus.
It has been colored later on with MSPaint and Texture Maker.

Flag Post

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

The background is good. Nice and consistent (apart from a few breaks in lines here and there) and cartoony.
The rabbits need work. Both of them are awkward in pose and overall anatomy. I’d suggest using some kind of a reference next time (be it a person, rabbit, or hell – a dog standing on it’s hind legs, just something real) to make their stances more believable. Coloring was done well.

Edit: Just saw your last post… Y’know, that’s not a great way to get feedback.

Flag Post

The colours could do with more tones, as they’re kinda flat at the moment. Some shadows and highlights on the greens and browns would look good.

Really, there’s nothing spectacular about the piece, and it overall just feels empty, despite having so much going on. Maybe that’s due to the lack of a clear focal point? Really define where the focal is more. In this instance, you could add more detail to the rabbits, or position them on the rule of thirds, for example.

Flag Post

I have made some pictures of the level 3, Labrat. This time, I made it coherent with the game style.

Guess which ones are copied and which are invented.

Flag Post

im a furry, so i enjoy your pics a lot :3

Flag Post

Thanks a lot!

And these are blueprints of the Castle tileset V. 1.25

There will be 5 more towers and 3 or 5 more dungeon variations. And something on the Layer 5, ofcourse.

Flag Post

Bumped.

Some of my work in progress to upgrade Jazz Jackrabbit 2. I would upload it to the JCF, but I have been banned for like a year.

Flag Post

do you ever have original ideas stealing donkey kong. but it really brings back good times for me

Flag Post

it reminds me so much of the classic rare game banjo kazooi best game ever i love this concept don’t quit its amazing.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lime_:

do you ever have original ideas stealing donkey kong. but it really brings back good times for me

Originally posted by Lime_:

it reminds me so much of the classic rare game banjo kazooi best game ever i love this concept don’t quit its amazing.

I don’t think he’s copying ideas from DK though :)

Flag Post
I don’t think he’s copying ideas from DK though :)

That’s right, mr. qwerber. The coin was made by the Jazz 2 Team, probably by Nick Stadler. I only retouched it.

Flag Post

lol oh sorry I’m totally out of my element here. it looks great are you actually going to make this, or is it a mockup?

Flag Post

It’s probably a mockup since it takes me a hour to make a single sprite/tile.

But hey, the real mockup is what the Epic Games did with the game.

They started Jazz Jackrabbit 2 and sold it without even ultimating it. (missing background layers, unused sprites, unfitting music for the Inferno Night level, no difference between difficulties) Then they made a Jazz Jackrabbit 3 demo, but never made the complete game. And a short time ago, they have admitted that they would never ever make a new Jazz Jackrabbit game, and what’s most, they keep the copyrights for it, so nobody in the world may make a commercial Jazz Jackrabbit game. (don’t know if it counts for flash games)

Flag Post

These look great! :) I played this game a ton as a kid, brings back memories.