Forums The Arts

Save The Collabs

14 posts

Flag Post

To anyone who has yet to figure out
Arts and music is being removed. If you are like me then this is very very saddening news, And I am asking you to help me save the collabs.
I already gave my argument here -http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1-kongregate/topics/312756-changes-to-the-collabs-section?page=3#posts-6613554
thats the official thread where they informed everyone
please help me show them that the users of Kongregate wish to keep the collabs.
or at least put your word in, Give it a moment of your time. That is all that is needed.
Im hoping with the community backing the collabs up that they can stay. Kongregate probably has one of the best art and music boards around, its effective, its easy, and its clean compared to other places such as deviant art. I chose to post on Kongregate because of those. and im sure others do to. So please. Help me save The collabs
~or if your okay with the change, say it. That is still better then letting this go by unheard

Flag Post

I really don’t want the collabs to die off. I would much rather see them left alone, the format is clean and easy to navigate. No reason for any changes..

Flag Post
Originally posted by himhim2340:

I really don’t want the collabs to die off. I would much rather see them left alone, the format is clean and easy to navigate. No reason for any changes..

exactly. I dont see why they think it needs to go.

Flag Post

If the collabs are removed, kongregate will inevitably lose money. If not from the missing ad revenue, then from the hundreds of games that will subsequently never be made. So, in a sense, removing the collabs is very unwise from a business standpoint.

Moreover, the collabs were my favorite part of kongregate. I daresay the collabs were a big part of my life. Nowhere else have I found such a pleasant community of creative people. I am deeply saddened that the collabs are being removed. Though, after the merger, I’ve gotten used to the feeling.

SUX

Flag Post

I agree, collabs is a big part of ong in my opinion. I cant see my self coming here much if it goes. why Im trying to save it or would like to

Flag Post

I honestly checked kong DAILY jut to check out the collabs.. I don’t want to have to attempt to find another community like the one from our collabs..

Flag Post

Same, the one here is unique.. the new art section moves slower. Gives a chance for people to actually see you’re art/music. People are nice and helpful as well (most some anyway) which is hard to come by on the internet.

Flag Post

I actually had this funny idea of making a game called ‘the collabs section’, that would emulate the functionality of the collabs. That’s the only way I can see to appease kongregate’s greedy outlook on things, seeing as they’d get plenty of money from it and they wouldn’t need to clog their server space with thousands of songs. Meh, I dunno…

I’ll give it some thought =]

Flag Post
Originally posted by I_love_you_lots:

I actually had this funny idea of making a game called ‘the collabs section’, that would emulate the functionality of the collabs. That’s the only way I can see to appease kongregate’s greedy outlook on things, seeing as they’d get plenty of money from it and they wouldn’t need to clog their server space with thousands of songs. Meh, I dunno…

I’ll give it some thought =]

That actually sounds like it would help. Ive seen games like that before.. played em and found out cool things i would have never known..

Flag Post

At least Kongregate gave us all a month warning before actually removing the Arts & Sounds. I appreciate them doing that, and think they’re awesome for showing consideration.

Originally posted by himhim2340:

I honestly checked kong DAILY jut to check out the collabs.. I don’t want to have to attempt to find another community like the one from our collabs..

There’s always The Arts forums.

Flag Post

the arts forums aren’t as spectacular.. But I guess they’ll suffice..

Flag Post

The arts are being killed too. Looks like real world under appreciation is spreading into ze internetz.

Flag Post

Why are they removing them? The current setup is fine…..no one has complained about it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Seawater09:

Why are they removing them? The current setup is fine…..no one has complained about it.

it doesnt have enough traffic and isnt as awesome as they want…

Originally posted by eProdigy:

There’s always The Arts forums.

The arts forum would not be a good replacement.. It would leave you going into art forums blind and most people work could get skipped over because of that