Forums The Arts

SOTW#4 - Voting (locked)

12 posts

Flag Post

Voting will be as follows:
(No voting for yourself)
1st - Reason 2nd - Reason 3rd - Reason
1st choice will get 3pts, 2nd choice will get 2pts, and 3rd choice will get 1pt. Points will be
added up and whoever gets the most points will win.
If you do not vote this way, your vote will NOT count.

gismo588

tomsou

krick19

Laxaria

aldrin

Oboe_Passion

yuyuter

ozzy123

JohannasGarden

Flag Post

1st Laxaria- The flow matched with the perspectives are perfect and the colors are pretty good. This was a bad theme but you made the most out of it. The purple line distracts the eye from the focal and the sparks brushings throw off the color scheme. The anti-aliasing on the “popped out” part of the render is poor. The gloss also distracts people from the focal. The composition on this pece was poor but the execution, flow, and depth were great.

2nd Oboe_Passion- Your sig was one of the best out there but laxaria’s execution and creativity beat it. I like how you tried to create flow with the sparks brushing but you need to work on creating depth. Try to make the sig blend into the background by smudging and erasing certain parts. The colors were very monotone and the sig doesn’t look that great but your competition level was low and that’s why you got second.

3rd Tomsou- Your sig had a fine looking outcome but it was very easy to make. There was 0 effects and 0 flow which are important parts of sigs. The depth was fine but the yellow thing on the right looks quite odd. The lighting was okay but it only lit up the background not the focal. This takes the persons eye away from the focal and on to the background

That’s my vote, here’s some more comments.

[coming soon]

Flag Post

Lax: It just looks awesome the way he did the 3d thing, good idea ^^.

Oboe: It all just fits together in a rly nice way…

Tomsou: I like how he made the render so that it rly isn’t aware of the sig, that she just jumps over it like another part of the game (ive played the demo XD )

EDIT: Lax, i just wanted to say which ones i liked and why, i understand you may feel like your sig deserves a huge essay, since u kinda do the same for everyone else, but it was around that time where I felt like just stopping w/ the computer and doing something else. sry for not spending my life on Kong…

Incase this still doesn’t work for u, ill say a little more on ur sig: 1st the fact that the reflection cuts off is a little distracting, and the purple lines kinda cutting into the border, the fact that i didn’t say ny-more was kind of a compliment, considering that this means i honestly can look at that sig for prob an hr. more, and still not find much to say is bad about it, unless of course you want me to say wuts, good then just think of nything else besides wut i said above and you got it… happy?? Unless u wunt me to do the same for every sig???

Flag Post

As an add on to my previous post on unfair voting in the #3 voting thread.

Good voting: iWagon.

Bad voting: ozzy

quote:

It just looks awesome the way he did the 3d thing, good idea ^^.

That does not, in any way, justify why I deserve three points.

Worse.

Tomsou: I like how he made the render so that it rly isn’t aware of the sig, that she just jumps over it like another part of the game (ive played the demo XD )

Need I continue?

I honestly think that, unless a vote is accompanied by a 75 word or so paragraph on why said signature deserves X amount of points, it is deemed void and null. This is for fairness. There is nothing stopping me making 2 accounts to give myself 6 points. There is nothing stopping me from making one word votes. This is does not show fairness.

— Laxaria

On a side note, thanks for the criticism iwagon. I had wanted to make the said changes but I got lazy. :P

Flag Post

Jeez lax, calm down.
Everybody has an opinion on which is there favourite…

1.Oboe- Well done on that sig! I like the flow in the particles, Text isn’t too distracting IMO i don’t like the render.

2.Laxaria-I have to say, definitely one of you worst sigs X.x However it is better than most in the competition.I honestly think that the pathing distracts the eye, and i dont like the c4d on his foot. But it is fine…

3.Yuyuter.- I actually love this piece, this actually would of got my #1 spot IF you got rid of the text, made it less mono-tone and had the right dimensions, the glow is cut off. I do like the water effect though…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Laxaria:

As an add on to my previous post on unfair voting in the #3 voting thread.

Good voting: iWagon.

Bad voting: ozzy

quote:

It just looks awesome the way he did the 3d thing, good idea ^^.

That does not, in any way, justify why I deserve three points.

Worse.

Need I continue?

I honestly think that, unless a vote is accompanied by a 75 word or so paragraph on why said signature deserves X amount of points, it is deemed void and null. This is for fairness. There is nothing stopping me making 2 accounts to give myself 6 points. There is nothing stopping me from making one word votes. This is does not show fairness.

— Laxaria

On a side note, thanks for the criticism iwagon. I had wanted to make the said changes but I got lazy. :P

Lax… Some people (like me) don’t know exactly what a sig should have… They are therefor in no spot to be giving detailed critique, people shouldn’t have to forfeit their vote because of this…. Also thanks for the critique iwagon.

Flag Post

Yeah same Oboe, I don’t know what makes a good Sig.
I’m too scared to vote now, I don’t want Lax to tell me off. =P

Flag Post

1st – Yuyuter – I liked the picture you have chosen and i really like the way he is coming out of the water like that.

2nd – Laxaria – i liked the colors, the shadowing, the reflection of the background and what i liked especially about it was the way it was angled( not like the others)

3rd – Oboe_Passion – Really thought it was cool seeing the sword being 3-D and the way you did it, it was amazing.
-Suvius4

Flag Post

As there isn’t just one way to look at a sig, there isn’t any right way to critique.

Flag Post

[deleted]

Flag Post

Yay! Okay…
1st is Laxaria.I like the reflection effect and the glowline.The originally 2D render has been nicely converted to 3D.
2nd comes Tomsou – the idea is very nice,and the render stands out. The shadow looks out of place, but it’s okay.
3rd is Aldrin. Depth is good, and I like the render.The edges of the actual sig are pixelated…

Flag Post

VOTING ENDS NOW!

FINAL SCORES!

Laxaria _ 13
Oboe_Passion _ 8
tomsou _ 4
yuyuter _ 4
aldrin _ 1
gismo588 _ 0
krick19 _ 0
ozzy123 _ 0
JohannasGarden _ 0

Congratulations, Laxaria, For winning SOTW#4!

I hope to see you, and other participants in future SOTW’s.

Sincerely, hokage4354.