Forums The Arts

SOTW#5 - Voting (locked)

12 posts

Flag Post

Voting will be as follows:
(No voting for yourself)
1st - Reason 2nd - Reason 3rd - Reason
1st choice will get 3pts, 2nd choice will get 2pts, and 3rd choice will get 1pt. Points will be
added up and whoever gets the most points will win.
If you do not vote this way, your vote will NOT count.

iwagon

ozzy123

Ncio

NoteyMan

tomsou

yuyuter

Flag Post

1st: Yuyuter for flow and effects

2nd Ncio For Effects, but theres a bit extra on the left thats kind-of useless…

3rd: Oboe(if thats rly a sprite) it just looks nice overall, but it has too many focals..
3rd: (if Oboe’s isn’t a sprite) Iwagon: Its good, but the sprite rly isn’t used well, plus the object behind it needs to go left a bit…

Flag Post

ty ozzy :) anyways…

1st: iWagon because the sprite blends well enough with the sig, and the effects are nice.
2nd: tomsou… I don’t know… just something about it catches my eye. The smudging seems kinda weird to me though…
3rd: Ncio. The flow is nice, and the sprite blends, but something… I just can’t figure it out… kinda ruins it :S

Flag Post

Thanks for the crit Ozzy.

Flag Post

1st: Tomsou: Quite strange flow, but it works. Brilliant use of C4Ds. Nice variety of colours.
2nd: iWagon: Weird flow and there’s some strange C4Ds in there. But it’s nice use of smudging and colors.
3rd: yututer: Considering it was your first Sig with GIMP, it’s okay. It’s quite monotone and the flow is all over the place, but it’s okay. I don’t know what the black thing under him is though. The text is good colours but the font of awful. =D

Flag Post

1st – Iwagon, I generally like the colours and I can see flow.

2nd – Ncio, Definate flow, quite good depth but too much blank space

3rd – Yuyuter, Good Flow, Good colour but boring brush. Should have changed the colour of the brush or used a custom one.

Flag Post

1st Ncio: Plain, but because of it the flow is emphasised very well.
2nd Yuyuter: Very very nice particles, Flow not emphasised Much but still a very aesthetically pleasing sig
3rd Iwagon: C4d’s used well to create flow.However the height is too big…

Flag Post

1st:

Yuyuter

What I loved about this sig was that the sprite in itself, despite the largeness of the sig, was very nicely added and very well composed. The choice of movement and usage of effects heavily emphasises the sprite. Also, the sense of depth and color control is demonstrative of very fine skills.

I loved what you did with the sprite, even though it is not typical of a sprite signature, but it is a very good entry and I honestly think outsts all of them, no matter who really wins. Take pride that, even if you may not do well in the eyes of others’, your work is appreciate by those who understands the effort and skill needed to create each piece of work.

2nd:

iWagon

I loved the usage of the sprite to create movement and an effect. Unfortunately, I do not like how you slapped on a C4D in the background and have more badly placed C4Ds on top of it. Furthermore, the color choice is quite bland and very uninteresting. Quite monotone. TBH I only placed this here as none of the other entries were very interesting. What caught my eye was the sprite effect. That’s it.

3rd:

Noteyman

I like how the work done here is very interesting and smooth, typical of a pixel art piece. Of course there are their flaws, but what amazed most was the sprite in it, with good shading, somewhat good anatomy and the willingness to try out new things.

Entries I am disappointed with:

NCIO:

Quite bland, very bad flow, bad sprite placement, poor effects. Very monotone. WORSE than yuyuter’s monotone.

tomsou:

Oh gosh. Learn to sharpen.

Overall comments:

I commend yuyuter for making, in my honest opinion, the best entry here. That being said, I still feel that some of the comments left here are somewhat biased (Oh come on, iWagon’s one isn’t monotone and yuyuter’s one is? Oh please, stop being biased).

On a side note, I had once proposed to hokage that a group of people, maybe 2-3, should also vote each sig and contribute about 25-50% of the overall score, to balance out potential problems with biasness/lack of signature design skills amongst voters.

Flag Post

Thanks for compliments everyone:)
3 more days! (Dangit! iWagon’s winning! We need more votes!)

Flag Post

VOTING ENDS NOW!

FINAL SCORES!

iwagon _ 12
ozzy123 _ 0
Ncio _ 8
NoteyMan _ 1
tomsou _ 5
yuyuter _ 12

Congratulations, iwagon and yuyuter, For winning SOTW#5!

I hope to see you two, and other participants in future SOTW’s.

Sincerely, hokage4354.

On a side note: Oboe’s submission got removed, due to the fact that it wasn’t sprite themed.

Flag Post

Hokage!
Look at the entry thread… I posted an alternative! Because someone else had said that….

Flag Post

Indeed… I would have voted for Oboe if it was the one with the actual sprite… I just didnt vote because I thought it was wrong……….
Anyways, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I won SOTW!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! :D
(thanks guys! you made my day :D)